PDA

View Full Version : Martin Pike retires

Troy G
2nd August 2005, 02:06 PM
Triple Brisbane Lions premiership player and six-time grand finalist Martin Pike has announced his retirement today after being placed on the club?s long-term injured list.

A groin problem has prematurely ended his season ? and his career ? after 247 matches.

Ruda Wakening
2nd August 2005, 02:20 PM
That's sad ....

ScottH
2nd August 2005, 02:22 PM
HJe's always been a piker!

Sanecow
2nd August 2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ruda Wakening
That's sad ....

How horrible to only win three Premierships.

BonBon
2nd August 2005, 02:40 PM
3 more games and it would've been 250!

j s
2nd August 2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
How horrible to only win three Premierships.
Just as well he won four then!

ScottH
2nd August 2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by j s
Just as well he won four then! Ahh, the Roos, too!!

Sanecow
2nd August 2005, 02:48 PM
Poor bastard.

giant
2nd August 2005, 03:03 PM
He cut us up more than once coming off the bench.

From all reports, a colorful character who wasnt reluctant to speak his mind too!

cruiser
2nd August 2005, 04:17 PM
That's sad ....
He's had a bloody good wicket, winning 4 premierships (1 at North and 3 at Brisbane) and has caused Sydney enough trouble on many occassions.

http://lions.com.au/default.asp?pg=players&spg=playerprofile&personid=13127

william wallace
2nd August 2005, 06:15 PM
It is a shame for him to go out like this. He's overcome plenty of obstacles to get to where he is. Discarded by clubs, redrafted by others, (not to mention some serious issues inhis personal life).. And yet he always came out on top. Full credit to him. A great carrer by any standards.

JF_Bay22_SCG
2nd August 2005, 07:21 PM
Taking of similar situations, I saw Matthew Nicks on the Swans' team's flight back from Adelaide. Interestingly he was not in team uniform or anything. Thought he would have stayed longer in SA so he could see his family over there.

I assume that his career with us is pretty much over as well. It was just weird to see him in Adelaide if he wasn't playing. Apparently he was seen in the TAB in downtown Adelaide on Saturday morning with Saddington and Boofhead Davis.

JF

Bart
2nd August 2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
Taking of similar situations, I saw Matthew Nicks on the Swans' team's flight back from Adelaide. Interestingly he was not in team uniform or anything. Thought he would have stayed longer in SA so he could see his family over there.

I assume that his career with us is pretty much over as well. It was just weird to see him in Adelaide if he wasn't playing. Apparently he was seen in the TAB in downtown Adelaide on Saturday morning with Saddington and Boofhead Davis.

JF

he had a commentary role with MMM. Apparantly by all accounts he was very good and Sunday papers in Sydney suggested a possible career

Destructive
3rd August 2005, 07:41 PM
That's sad ....

Yeah it is.