PDA

View Full Version : Balfours Pies now at the SCG

Troy G
9th August 2005, 06:45 PM
The Vilis Pies have bitten the crust!

Matt79
9th August 2005, 07:56 PM
I'm devasted!! Villi's pie are sensational...have one at every game!

I tried a Balfours pie when in Adelaide and they are crap...oh what to do???????? Hot dog yuck...

stellation
10th August 2005, 11:31 PM
The important issue for parents is, will there be sausage rolls? Come on Troy, use your contacts to find out what gives!

JF_Bay22_SCG
11th August 2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Matt79
I'm devasted!! Villi's pie are sensational...have one at every game!

I tried a Balfours pie when in Adelaide and they are crap...oh what to do???????? Hot dog yuck...

Vile-is by name Vile-is by nature. Vilis,the only Pies you can eat with a straw!

What is wrong with the Melburnian footy staple, the FournTwenty. At least with one of those you know what you are eating.

I very rarely eat inside the ground. Scared off by the thought of missing 15-20 minutes in queue under the Churchill Stand. At Homebush i go to Maccas beforehand. At the SCG I tend to wait for pizza or a Kings Cross Kebab after the match.

JF

ScottH
11th August 2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
FournTwenty. At least with one of those you know what you are eating.
At Homebush i go to Maccas beforehand. At the SCG I tend to wait for .......... a Kings Cross Kebab after the match.

JF Aren't those two statements, contradictory

j s
11th August 2005, 04:16 PM
4&20s don't fall apart on you while eating - besides, as a child I never knew any other kind / brand of pie existed

ScottH
11th August 2005, 09:44 PM
"Big Bens the big ben pie to eat when you feel like a big ben pie"

Dave
15th August 2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by j s
4&20s don't fall apart on you while eating

Neither does cardboard, cause that's about the taste comparison.

Vilis are sensational. It's how a pie should taste.

If you think that 4&20 and Big Ben are the benchmarks then you've been buying too many No-Frills pies for your freezer.

If you cant down a piping hot Vilis pie in under a minute you are a pussy!;)

Umlaut
19th August 2005, 12:43 AM
I'm not surprised. They're probably fighting a long and nasty legal battle with Bakers Delight over their ads.

Matt79
24th August 2005, 07:59 PM
Vile-is by name Vile-is by nature. Vilis,the only Pies you can eat with a straw!

What is wrong with the Melburnian footy staple, the FournTwenty. At least with one of those you know what you are eating.

I very rarely eat inside the ground. Scared off by the thought of missing 15-20 minutes in queue under the Churchill Stand. At Homebush i go to Maccas beforehand. At the SCG I tend to wait for pizza or a Kings Cross Kebab after the match.

JF

Oh, JF to prove you wrong, Today Tonight just had a pie test on tonight (24.8.05) and here are the results....

The pies with the highest genuine meat content were:
1. Mrs Mac's beef pie 29.8 per cent meat
2. Vilis gourmet beef pie 28.9 per cent meat
3. Coles/Farmland 27.5 per cent meat

The winners of our taste test were:
1. Vilis gourmet beef pie
2. Woolworths meat pie
3. Balfours footy pie

Go the mighty Vilis!! (I do not know anyone who works for the company...I am an independent eater!!)

stellation
24th August 2005, 08:34 PM
But why are there no sausage rolls at the SCG? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!??!

ROK Lobster
24th August 2005, 08:49 PM
It is a sad day for football.

(Tell your kid that real fans eat pies stella. AFAIC they only things that should be sold at the footy are pies and beer. Oldies can bring their soup in a thermos, Wardy can bring her plonk in a Thomas the Tank Engine drink bottle, and children should be seen and not heard.)

stellation
24th August 2005, 09:40 PM
But there are no sausage rolls!

ROK Lobster
24th August 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by stellation
But there are no sausage rolls!
Just dress your kid in a leather jacket and spend $10 on some noodles

floppinab
25th August 2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
"Big Bens the big ben pie to eat when you feel like a big ben pie"

That brought a smile, haven't heard that for a long time.

Question is are they going to be the square ones. I was brought up on Balfours pies and felt very weird when I first confronted a round 4 & 20.

Balfours has changed a bit since they nearly went out of business a few years back, but thought their "footy pies" were OK when we sold out of the club canteen last year.

Norris Lurker
25th August 2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
(Tell your kid that real fans eat pies stella. AFAIC they only things that should be sold at the footy are pies and beer. Oldies can bring their soup in a thermos, Wardy can bring her plonk in a Thomas the Tank Engine drink bottle, and children should be seen and not heard.) Maybe only pies and beer at the SCG for Swans games, but at local footy I always prefer a BBQ sausage or steak sandwich.

BAM_BAM
25th August 2005, 02:26 PM
they are the square pies floppinab and they are YUKKY

I love Villis pies. It's not the same. Damn the food and bev manager. Damn them to hell :(

ScottH
25th August 2005, 02:29 PM
We get Red Rooster @ the MCG now, none of this dead dog wrapped in pastry stuff!! :p

stellation
25th August 2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Just dress your kid in a leather jacket and spend $10 on some noodles
It is not good for a kid to have their heroes frown on them.

stellation
25th August 2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
Damn the food and bev manager. Damn them to hell :(
Because of the sausage roll issue? Thanks for the support! :)

Pekay
26th August 2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
We get Red Rooster @ the MCG now, none of this dead dog wrapped in pastry stuff!! :p now that is PROGRESS in my eyes,that place would get ALL my business at the footy.and when you look at old games(not so old really)of Subiaco or WACA (not sure)you see the Hungry Jacks on the hill.....was that actually in the ground?

NorthShoreAngel
9th September 2005, 12:06 PM
i dont like pies i rather Sausage rolls or sausage sandwiches or chicken