PDA

View Full Version : Youngsters In the SFL

Deledio Fan
12th August 2005, 06:52 PM
With all of the talk focusing upon this year on the forum, what are your views upon next years competition, about teams, players, administration etc.?

In particular, I would be interested to know which club everyone believes has the best youndsters coming up through the ranks?
Personally i think the Gong (from what I've seen), followed by the likes of St george.

There may be others I've missed.

Feel free to comment.

Rafters
14th August 2005, 12:27 PM
Looking at the Rising Star Nominations this year http://www.sydneyafl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=94955 it seems that each club has had a fair spread of talented youngsters.

Having watched the Lions a fair bit this year I am surprised that only Toussis has been nominated from that club because I feel that alot more should have made the list - perhaps they didn't qualify by playing senior SFA footy last year??? They had 3 young guns make the Sydney rep squad (Bartlett, Firth & Stanton) not to mention 3 in the state u18s. Also Goodrem from ECE seems to have been in best players a few times without making the list.

It is interesting seeing the u18 comp ladder with the top 2 teams not having any senior club representation ... I must say that the lions would have performed very well in u18s if they didn't play so many u18s in seniors each week.

shearer
15th August 2005, 11:40 AM
I agree with Rafters about the young fellas at Wollongong, they will be better off for the experience this year.

Each club has some good youngsters, and the competition is much better off with them in there.

Talent scouts from Richmond came out to Olds Park last week to watch Dylan Addison, Dan Turner & Ed Wilsen from Saints & Keiran Jack & Damien Dellaquilla from Penno go round.

Hopefully some of these guys will get drafted.

Deledio Fan
15th August 2005, 12:12 PM
Yes we can only hope so Shearer.

Ive got big raps on Turner, as well as Addison and Jack, but knowing the history of NSW in the draft process, we will be lucky to have a couple at all!

Roscoe
15th August 2005, 01:49 PM
Turner still has a year up his sleeve for the draft

Unfortunatley suffered a bad break (collarbone ?) on Saturday

Addison and Jack are 2 different types of players, but both are
good draft prospects