PDA

View Full Version : Oh What A Night!!

Cher
4th May 2003, 07:32 PM
What a wonderful team we have, what a wonderful game they played. They proved that they can play good football, and do it two weeks in a row. Sure, they had a lapse in the last quarter but then no team plays perfect football for the whole game.

Not one player played a bad game, so many played their best football.

The 'Lygon Set' had a great after match party, almost 20 of us for pizza and pasta and ice cream (to soothe the sore throat).

I've watched the complete game again today (which is rare for me) and enjoyed it almost as much as the first time (well.. not really that much).

Could anyone tell what words the team sang near the end of the song instead of 'As our loyal sons go marching' ? There seemed to be various different words sung there.

Off to have another soother to soothe my poor sore happy throat.

Cher
Who has two types of blood cells 'RED ones and WHITE ones'

Nico
4th May 2003, 08:20 PM
What a night. Could hardly talk after the game.

The minute after the siren was sheer ecstacy. Pumping the air, singing the song. It was riveting stuff, we may well have saved our season. Got home and the replay was on so didn't hit sack until well after 1.00am. The eyes were still well open, and if the replay was on again I'd have watched it again.

It just doesn't get much better than rolling a "Glamour" team!!!!!

Then again a flag would be slightly better.

And yes, we didn't have one passenger.

Diego
4th May 2003, 08:23 PM
I am about to watch the game - again. I taped it last night.

Once again I spent half of the night singing "Cheer Cheer" and replaying the match in my head.

:D

robbieando
4th May 2003, 09:08 PM
Diego I think a Nick Davis avatar would be in order:D

Great night, great night. I said all along, if we won the wooden spoon this year at least let us beat Collingwood in Melbourne. To rub it in their faces was something else. Also my little brother who is a Lions supporter came to the match to lend a hand so to speak.

If he wasn't getting Collingwood fans arrested for spitting on him, he was pointing out the fact he was a Brisbane Lions fan and he wanted to talk about last September. Even the I **** on you and I **** on your morals was a classic. He is our little good luck charm.

Diego
4th May 2003, 10:02 PM
How about it now!? :D

robbieando
4th May 2003, 10:27 PM
Love it, just love it.