PDA

View Full Version : Brown Out

Reggi
6th May 2003, 06:34 PM
J Brown will not play for Brizbun on the weekend.

Could we win?

Charlie
6th May 2003, 06:36 PM
YES!!

MAYBE!!

I'm going into this one not expecting to win but with supreme optimism and a good dose of confidence.

Dpw
6th May 2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
YES!!

MAYBE!!

I'm going into this one not expecting to win but with supreme optimism and a good dose of confidence.

They call this sitting on the fence, but iam sitting right with you.

pippa
6th May 2003, 07:20 PM
If we are going to beat the Lions this weekend looks the best opportunity their performance against the Cats was pretty ordinary.

The boys on the weekend showed what they are capable of doing and they are really working togethor.

Bart
6th May 2003, 07:47 PM
THE MEDICAL ROOM:
The Lions will closely monitor Jonathan Brown (jaw), Chris Scott (hamstring), Beau McDonald (shoulder), Alastair Lynch (energy levels) and Justin Leppitsch (groin) during the week.

The Swans will test Matthew Nicks, Ryan O?Keefe and Ben Fixter.

Rather our injuries to theirs. I'd rather they were as strong as possible to be honest (ok maybe except Lynch). to see where we're at.

I expect Leppitsch to play up forward. Caned us last time.

We only beaten the Brisbane "Lions" twice out of 9 meetings and never under Leigh Matthews (1999)

desredandwhite
6th May 2003, 07:55 PM
WE ahve the potential to beat them, yes - but we will need a 3.5-4 quarter game out of our lads... Brisbane are a good side, and good sides can win even when they're a bit down on form.

Cheer Cheer
6th May 2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
Brisbane are a good side

Gee Des, you are a hard marker :eek:

Mark
6th May 2003, 11:59 PM
Despite our record (wins/losses) we actually match up well against the lions. we always give them a tough game. Given our recent good(ish) form we could spring and unlikely upset. Doubt Lynch will travel and if their injuries do eventuate we have a chance.

Strangely would rather play Brissy than the hawks match up wise

Louellyn
7th May 2003, 12:04 AM
We do, currently, match up ok to the Lions. Bring it on, and bugger the doubters:D

scurrilous
7th May 2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Dpw
They call this sitting on the fence, but iam sitting right with you.
It's gonna be a damn long fence!

As far as Brown being out, that's 1 down and only 21 to go :D

Jimmy C
8th May 2003, 01:56 AM
It sure is great to hear that Brown (and possibly others) is out. I'm feeling a little cautious about Lynch not playing-Bradshaw (or Leppa) should in no way be under-estimated.

Doctor J.
8th May 2003, 11:24 PM
No Brown, no Leppa,
Still leaves their midfield,

Acker, Voss, Black, Lappin, plus a ruck division superior to ours to feed this voracious midfield.

I would love to be wrong, but I think it might be ugly.

sharp9
9th May 2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Doctor J.

I would love to be wrong, but I think it might be ugly.

Well that may be true, but one good thing is that if we win we won't win ugly (like Bulldogs did last year). I'm confident that Roosey will be asking the players to go toe toe for speed and skill and then let the chips fall where they may.

A loss in those circumstances would be better training for a premiership tilt than a win using really negative tactics.

Mike_B
9th May 2003, 02:16 PM
Agree totally there. I'm not sure where I read it, or even who said it (although I THINK it was Roosy), that with Brisbane, you have to worry about your game, if you worry about theirs, you will need to sacrifice your important players to negate theirs, and that just gets you nowhere.

I hope we play our own style of footy and if its not good enough, so be it.

sharp9
9th May 2003, 03:19 PM
Yes Roosy said that. He was encouraging the youngsters particularly to get on with winning the game. I read it in an article today...but I can't remember which one cos I've read so many today. I'm unusually pumped up for this weekend. :p