PDA

View Full Version : mcperson should be there

Frosty_13
6th May 2003, 09:34 PM
I really dont see y daniel mcperson isnt in the side. He gives quickness and his skills are great.

Can someone give me and expernation why he isnt in the side?

Dpw
6th May 2003, 09:43 PM
His time has passed did'nt have what it took to be a league footballer I suggest you read other threads I don't think you will like what you read but you asked for a reason.

jude_boltons_babe
6th May 2003, 10:00 PM
he cant play for peanuts thats why hes playing in reserves

floppinab
6th May 2003, 10:02 PM
One of the key reasons IMO is that he has been waaaayyy too slow and loose (espec. noticed in the Hawthorn game) in manning up opposition midfielders running forward.
Given the pace of Sats. game I doubt he would fit that well.

motorace_182
6th May 2003, 10:30 PM
he cant play for peanuts thats why hes playing in reserves

He made the reserves??

Nico
6th May 2003, 10:38 PM
He has always been unaccountable. He also rarely gets to a contest and indeed doesn't like the close in stuff.

Also goes to ground far too much when under any pressure at all.

But the worst aspects of his game are that he has no second efforts at all, and refuses to chase.

Sure every now and then he does some good stuff, but hardly good enough for the chances he has been given. Does not seemed to have improved one iota over the past 6 years.

CureTheSane
6th May 2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Frosty_13
I really dont see y daniel mcperson isnt in the side. He gives quickness and his skills are great.

Can someone give me and expernation why he isnt in the side?

Hi Daniel, nice to have you here.
I might suggest you ask Paul why you aren't in the side :D

scurrilous
7th May 2003, 04:32 PM
nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more

Roscoe
7th May 2003, 04:40 PM
Slow,soft,Unaccountable.

will never improve, had enough chances

will never win you a game

can shine when things are going well

out with the old, in with the new

hopefully Rowan joins you soon

CureTheSane
7th May 2003, 07:00 PM
Sad, but in the end, he's gonna finish up a lot like Craig O'Brien.
Showed some flares of great football, but couldn't put them together...

Louellyn
7th May 2003, 08:24 PM
Poor Mc Pherson I like him anyway, but I would hate to think he is reading this...I think he's a bit better than this...

Ah well, I'm obviously too soft..:confused:

blinddog
7th May 2003, 08:34 PM
I think it was last year (maybe the year before) and showed some signs of improvement especially on the long kick.

Plugger46
7th May 2003, 10:42 PM
Roscoe i really wish you and other people on this board will give warfe a break. You forget what Warfe was like a few years ago, he needs some ground time and fitness before you start writing him off, we have not seen enough this year.

The man has had a lot of injuries, he is over them now.

Give him some ground time and lets see what he can do. If he doesn't perform, then by all means write him off.

CureTheSane
7th May 2003, 11:51 PM
I think we're all giving Warfe 'till the end of the year.
But if he isn't perforning he should be dropped and most here feel he isn't quite up to scratch at the moment.
Having said that, the coaching staff seem to disagree with us and keep on playing him, so maybe they have a plan.
A plan so cunning... :lol

Warfe should be happy simply because there have not been a flood of crude Star Trek references :D

TheMase
8th May 2003, 11:09 AM
If Warfes problems are a confidence or fitness issue, then playing him 15 minutes in the game is just not going to help him AT ALL.

Drop him to ressies, let him get a bit of touch back and fitness. No point playing him off the bench, we have kids that can do that.

Bring in Sundqvist or someone alike and give them a taste of senior footy.

They are the clubs future and surely will offer just as much as what a underconfident and non fit Warfe is now ...

undy
8th May 2003, 12:54 PM
Remember that Roos played right alongside Warfe for years, so he has a pretty good idea of what he is capable of, and whether he is making progress or not. Likewise Seymour, which is probably why he is still playing reserve grade.

Of course some may say that being the coach and actually spending time with the players, Roosy isn't capable of making the kind of objective analyses that RWO contributors make ;)

8th May 2003, 01:40 PM
Replacing Warfe with a first year player and we will have 3-4 first year players in the team. Unless a first year player could play a role for us (e.g. Schneider and to some extend Meklejohn), we effectively carry the kid(s) for exposure and experience. Carrying 2-3 kids in the first half of the season? I dont think that is wise.

I would only replace Warfe with a ready-made ala Seymour, Albett, etc... None have shown enough unfortunatelly, except perhaps McPherson :D :D . McPherson, O'Keefe and Buchanan are goers, I think.

robbieando
8th May 2003, 01:45 PM
I think the following should be the order of who should replace Warfe.

Fixter
Seymour
LRT
O'Keefe

All are defenders in a way, so replacing Warfe with any of these would be OK. I agree with you in a way regarding young players, however if they are up to it then let them free.

bomber-princess
8th May 2003, 02:39 PM
Thank you Plugger 46, for standing up for Rowan!!!!

On the topic of frosty - yes he made the reserves where in the last game i saw him playing, he missed a goal from right in front, his skills were way down of a player of his experience, the younger swans players were playing so much better than him. I'd say they'll keep him in reserves until he learns how to play properly!!!!!

Roscoe
8th May 2003, 03:19 PM
You've lost me again on this one plugger46

First you come out and say players such as Barry, Matthews,Crouch and Bolton are not up to it, but are prepared to stick up for a injured has been like Warfe.

I've never seen a defender such as warfe give his opponent so much lattitude, and I 've never seen a defender either kick the ball straight to the opposition or a 50/50 than warfe.

Both warfe & frosty have had enough chances.

Surely look to the future

LRT, Sunny,Fixter, O'keefe and Ablett and last years picks

anybody but these pair

TheMase
8th May 2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by warfes_babe
Thank you Plugger 46, for standing up for Rowan!!!!

On the topic of frosty - yes he made the reserves where in the last game i saw him playing, he missed a goal from right in front, his skills were way down of a player of his experience, the younger swans players were playing so much better than him. I'd say they'll keep him in reserves until he learns how to play properly!!!!!

You and JAB are really a joke pair.

You go on and on about people giving Warfe crap, then you drop the bundle and have a dig at McPherson.

I will say this once, McPherson adds more to the Swans lineup than Warfe does. (in their current form).

Warfe currently adds nothing to the Swans senior side. Whether he will in the future is the question also. I think he needs to go to the reserves and find this great form and fitness you have been talking about, because he just isnt showing it. The coaching staff giving him only 15 minutes on the weekend shows that they seem to feel the same way.

I would not be at all surprised to see Warfe make way for a Seymour or Fixter once they return, they add much more to the lineup than Warfe. I think Warfe at the moment is in the side for insurance purposes in case Schuable and Bolton go down, especially last week as they were both under injury clouds.

kangle4
8th May 2003, 04:05 PM
they have craig bolton now

TheMase
8th May 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by kangle4
they have craig bolton now

We are also down some guy called Andrew Dunkley ....

Pretty invalid arguement

I am sure Powell could do just a good, if not a better job than what Warfe is doing now.

LRT would be worth a look too, and Hunt's form seems to be pretty good (although playing up forward!)

Roscoe
8th May 2003, 05:47 PM
Let's face it now

we are all very passionate and all self - proclaimed knowledge
experts (just a joke)

BUT THE GREATER MAJORITY OF POSTERS HAVE THE OPINION THAT
WARFE AND McPHERSON DON'T DESERVE A PLACE IN THE SIDE
BASED ON THEIR OWN PERFORMANCES AND THE PLAYERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY IN THE TEAM.

THESE PAIR HAVE SEEN BETTER DAYS AND HAVE HAD ENOUGH OPPORTUNITY TO CEMENT THEIR SPOTS

OUT WITH THE OLD - IN WITH THE NEW

Plugger46
8th May 2003, 06:33 PM
hey Roscoe,

Don't you like blokes who run hard at the contest?

Warfey, is one of these players, he has a real go, and you watch him when the pressure is on, he continually performs. I'm the first to admit he makes a few mistakes, but i believe the good things he does, far outweigh the bad things. Many games where we have had our backs to the wall, he has had a big hand in changing the game, unlike some of the other imposters ie: Barry, Crouch and Matthews. I'm willing to lay off Jude Bolton, I was far too harsh on him.

On the Daniel McPherson front, I have no arguments with you there, he is a very ordinary footballer, and I doubt too many would disagree. McPherson this year and last year, has had his opportunities to perform, however it is a different story with Warfe who has not adequate ground time since returning from injury, to show his capabilities.

Roscoe as far as I'm concerned, the bottom line is, McPherson is in the reserves and thats where he should remain. If Warfe is given sufficient ground time over the next couple of weeks, and doesn't perform, then we can ask the question, i don't believe we can at the moment.

Roscoe
8th May 2003, 10:25 PM
Warfe certainly changes the game alright - by keep turning over
possession to the opposition.

He should be regularly named as one of the opposition's best players with the amount of times he kicks the ball directly to them.

A classic example was his dropped mark from kirk's kick (he didn't run to the ball). Buckley swops and drills it from 50.

Similar to his stuff up against adelaide when he handballed directly to Mcleod - result ? another goal

Surely you can't rate him above Crouch, Matthews and Barry ?

Nis nickname is NATO - not another turnover

I've got my fingers crossed he is dumped for LRT this week

TheMase
8th May 2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Plugger46
hey Roscoe,

Don't you like blokes who run hard at the contest?

Warfey, is one of these players, he has a real go, and you watch him when the pressure is on, he continually performs. I'm the first to admit he makes a few mistakes, but i believe the good things he does, far outweigh the bad things. Many games where we have had our backs to the wall, he has had a big hand in changing the game, unlike some of the other imposters ie: Barry, Crouch and Matthews. I'm willing to lay off Jude Bolton, I was far too harsh on him.

On the Daniel McPherson front, I have no arguments with you there, he is a very ordinary footballer, and I doubt too many would disagree. McPherson this year and last year, has had his opportunities to perform, however it is a different story with Warfe who has not adequate ground time since returning from injury, to show his capabilities.

Roscoe as far as I'm concerned, the bottom line is, McPherson is in the reserves and thats where he should remain. If Warfe is given sufficient ground time over the next couple of weeks, and doesn't perform, then we can ask the question, i don't believe we can at the moment.

Let me understand this.

Its okay for WARFE to make a few mistakes when having a go .... but it isn't alright for LEO BARRY to make a few mistakes when he plays the type of game that he plays?

You cannot use one example and exclude the other. Leo Barry adds HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS more to our backline than Warfe ever will...

Alison
9th May 2003, 11:15 AM
Well said The Mase!

The other thing is Plugger46, you continually say that people are forgetting how good Warfe was for the Swans a few years back - which is true - but I think people are talking about now not then. I know he has been unfortunate with injuries but so have a lot of other players. You seem to not like Barry, Crouch & Mathews - one thing is Leo Barry has had a lot of injuries as well and comes back like he has not even missed a game! You seem to contradict yourself a lot.

I must admit it is hard for Warfe as he does not get a lot of game time - so he is unable to really get into the game. I would like Roos to give him more time so we can really see his potential. When he is only playing 15 mins or so a game, it would be hard! Let's hope he gets a go this weekend.

snajik
9th May 2003, 02:45 PM
I wasn't aware that Sydney had a player by the name of mcperson.

Dpw
9th May 2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by snajik
I wasn't aware that Sydney had a player by the name of mcperson.

:D Worse still I had'nt noticed it untill you posted it.

9th May 2003, 11:57 PM
Do people think that Eade is actually responsible for shortening the career of both Warfe and Seymour. He was playing them again much bigger opponents and even when they were injuried. The toll is showing I think.