PDA

View Full Version : And people complain about Sydney flooding

Mike_B
10th September 2005, 12:22 AM
Seemed to me that it was the Cats pushing lots of men back behind the ball to block space for our forwards to lead into. And as I mentioned in another post, it probably ended up costing them the game by not having any outlet to move the ball out of their defensive end in those last few minutes.

ScottH
10th September 2005, 12:24 AM
Well turn the bloody sprinklers off. :rolleyes:

Glenn
10th September 2005, 12:26 AM
They had about 16 players behind the ball at one point in the game, no doubt Sydney will be blamed for that :rolleyes:

timbo
10th September 2005, 12:27 AM
It goes to show you can't flood against the masters of the flood.

Foreign Legion
10th September 2005, 12:40 AM
Yep - the flooding by the Cats was something that Gilgamesh would have been proud of.

But, then again, we are the only side that floods!

Rizzo
10th September 2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
Well turn the bloody sprinklers off. :rolleyes:

What the hell was that about? The only time of the week they can turn them on due to water restrictions?

Thunder Shaker
10th September 2005, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't say that Geelong were flooding, but I was looking for the Ark. I know who Noah was though, he likes fried chicken.

cruiser
10th September 2005, 03:04 AM
I thought Geelong played one of the most defensive, flood orientated games I have ever seen. And it nearly won them the game. Nearly :D

punter257
10th September 2005, 06:05 AM
geelong did exactly what we did last week, tried to protect the lead by putting numbers back

about time we had some luck on our side

ROK Lobster
10th September 2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by punter257
geelong did exactly what we did last week, tried to protect the lead by putting numbers back

about time we had some luck on our side
It's not luck. The defensive flood at the end is so dumb. If the defending side have the ball they cannot clear it because of the congestion and the fact that there is no one to kick to outside their defensive 50. The ball stays in the 'danger zone' with all the backs under enormous pressure and forwards down there not really knowing what they are doing likely to give away free kicks. If an umpy does find a free kick you are close to goals. Get them the hell out and trust your backs to clear it. I cannot see the sense in it, at all.