PDA

View Full Version : a couple of things

stellation
10th September 2005, 09:20 AM
Just curious if anyone else can knock these down, it is hard to tell at the game sometimes and I haven't seen a replay yet.

1. In the 3rd quarter Steve Johnson (poor man's Nick Davis) goaled from a ball up that I am pretty sure was contested by Dempster. Was that ball up particuarly quick?
2. In the 3rd quarter Ablett took a mark on a good lead, did ROK fail to put his body on the line or was he never in the contest?

Mike_B
10th September 2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by stellation
Just curious if anyone else can knock these down, it is hard to tell at the game sometimes and I haven't seen a replay yet.

1. In the 3rd quarter Steve Johnson (poor man's Nick Davis) goaled from a ball up that I am pretty sure was contested by Dempster. Was that ball up particuarly quick?
2. In the 3rd quarter Ablett took a mark on a good lead, did ROK fail to put his body on the line or was he never in the contest?

1) Yes it was - Ch 10 had cut to something on replay and before you knew it Johnson was running into an open goal.
2) No idea.

ROK Lobster
10th September 2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by stellation

1 YES. We said that at the time. Tele nearly missed it.
2 DUNNO

stellation
10th September 2005, 10:24 AM
Ahhhh... the first was the one I mainly interested in, it seemed quite odd to decide to just do one very quick ball up for the whole game, and to do that in a forward 50 when there wasn't excactly a heap of players crowding around.

The second I was more just curious, I wouldn't blame him for a single incident; I just recall thinking "bloody hell!" and being annoyed at his effort when it happened but I am not really sure he was even at fault!

desredandwhite
10th September 2005, 11:20 AM
No, they were actually going for the quick ball up a lot last night - whether it was to speed up the game, ie: throw it up before a huge pack forms, or whether it was because the ground was watered... Who knows...

monopoly19
10th September 2005, 11:25 AM
1. I was in that pocket and everyone was like WTF? The umpire grabbed it and threw it up that instant. You could just see Dempster had no idea what to do. May have been better served to stay down and rove from the other non-ruckman

2. He wasn't close enough to Ablett to make a real contest. Any contact probably would have have been an infringment. Didn't seem to shirk it from where I was sitting - it was a good pass to Ablett.

sharpie
10th September 2005, 12:48 PM
I also thought it was very quick, watching from the Noble. Couldn't see a ruckman in sight, and was thinking "was that really Dempster doing the ruckwork?" Couldn't decide if it was a really quick restart or our ruckman was stupid for not being there.

stellation
10th September 2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
No, they were actually going for the quick ball up a lot last night - whether it was to speed up the game, ie: throw it up before a huge pack forms, or whether it was because the ground was watered... Who knows...
I just hadn't noticed them do a quick ball up all night, I normally look out for it because I kind of like it. That one just seemed way too quick.

stellation
10th September 2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by monopoly19

2. He wasn't close enough to Ablett to make a real contest. Any contact probably would have have been an infringment. Didn't seem to shirk it from where I was sitting - it was a good pass to Ablett.
I thought that may have been the case, my first impression was that he didn't make much of an effort but I thought that may have been unfair on him. It was a good pass, our forwards would dream of delivery like that.

ugg
10th September 2005, 02:12 PM
That one was very quick, and then from then on they seemed to be pretty quick. Poor Dempster.

TheMase
10th September 2005, 04:28 PM
Extremely quick and cost us a goal. Was very interesting indeed.