PDA

View Full Version : Saint's injury toll

Bas
10th September 2005, 04:18 PM
Just listening to 3AW on the net.

Hamill has not trained this week and it is rumoured he re-injured his hip during last weeks game.

They say Kosi will play but Healey said that he's no chance either is Goddard.

Maguire and Hudghton will play. Gehrig is right.

Someone re-injured their hamstring at training this morning and is out for the year BUT I missed who it was. They said that would be a big loss, it wasn't Ball, Hayes, Riewoldt, X Clarke.

Anyone help?

Reggi
10th September 2005, 04:28 PM
Xavier Clarke - not sure it is a really big loss

NMWBloods
10th September 2005, 04:33 PM
Hudghton and X Clarke both had hamstring problems. The former would be a big (huge?) loss.

Harvey's had hamstring problems too.

Hamill out is a big plus. Hopefully Kosi doesn't get up - we'll struggle to contain him if he regains form.

Bas
10th September 2005, 04:46 PM
Hudghton definately in. I thought I heard them make reference to X Clarke later in the interview as playing.

Might be Harvey.

Sanecow
10th September 2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Bas
Gehrig is right.

This must be a usage of the word 'right' with which I am unfamiliar. He certainly won't be chasing anyone out of the back 50m or stooping to gather the ball based on recent form.

10th September 2005, 05:45 PM
Who do they have for Hall? An underdone Hughton or some young kid?? I am rubbing my hands. Hall is our key for this game. They dont have a fit quality close-checking defender at the moment.

Mike_B
10th September 2005, 09:56 PM
It was Clarke who did his hammy - again. Seems they have a few more injury worries than you'd want coming into such a big game.

Full story (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=228258)

Schneiderman
11th September 2005, 12:59 AM
You can never tell whether a week off mucks around with the form of the team. Sure we had a tough game, that would have drained the batteries somewhat, but I would be concerned as a Saints fan if I read this:

Hamill left the track after about 40 minutes and failed to return from the rooms, while Nick Dal Santo, Luke Ball, and Robert Harvey pulled up shortly before the rest of the group, while Justin Peckett finished off his hit-out with some static training after taking part in the match.

cruiser
11th September 2005, 10:40 AM
On Sportsworld this morning Hamil admitted he had a tight calf but sounded a bit doubtful.

Refried Noodle
11th September 2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by cruiser
On Sportsworld this morning Hamil admitted he had a tight calf but sounded a bit doubtful.

He tried to sound like he'll be fit, but failed in covereing the injury up.

Got the impression he and Kosi won't play (Just MY impression).

Charlie
11th September 2005, 11:06 AM
This all sounds too good to be true. Let's not get too hopeful.

When is St Kilda's final training session? I'm guessing Wednesday. If anyone spots a time, let me know. I might be unavailable for my economics tute... ;)

Frog
11th September 2005, 11:10 AM
Hun, this morning, Sport front page has X Clarke out, Hamill, Maguire and Kosi listed as doubtful.

Thunder Shaker
11th September 2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Frog
Hun, this morning, Sport front page has X Clarke out, Hamill, Maguire and Kosi listed as doubtful.

Link:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16560483%255E20322,00.html

Captain
11th September 2005, 11:27 AM
I doubt Kosi would play.

I think Hamill will definately come up. Even if he is 50:50 I think they will still risk him.

punter257
11th September 2005, 12:17 PM
it would be tremendous if kosi doesnt play but i'm pretty sure that hamill will play. no doubt he'll get a jab or 2 ala michael voss

premiers05
11th September 2005, 01:16 PM
Kosi was on Before the Game last night saying he was a definite to play. He has been running flat out with no pain for the last two days and says that was all they were waiting for.

NMWBloods
11th September 2005, 01:17 PM
Doc Larkins just said Maguire and Kosi not travelling that well and may not play.

connolly
11th September 2005, 01:46 PM
Any news on how Grant Thomas pulled up after his therapy session?

DST
11th September 2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Doc Larkins just said Maguire and Kosi not travelling that well and may not play.

Maguire is 50/50 to play, but there is no way Kosi will play especially if they have to rush back Hudgton a week early than would be expected.

So that means definate outs:

Sam Fisher
X Clarke
B Goddard
Kosi

Maybe out:

Macquire

Probably will play but under duress or underdone:

Gherig
Hamill
Hudgthon

Grant Thomas id going to be walking a tight rope this week, how many players can he take into the game carry an injury or who are underdone?

DST

Snowy
11th September 2005, 02:03 PM
Larkins categorically ruled out Kosi, Clarke, and Fisher. He thinks that Goddard might be rushed back in and it has been suggested that Hamill is struggling with a calf. Their backline is their weakness. Time for ALL the forwards to stand up and put them under pressure. The biggest problem area though will be controlling their midfield and giving enough supply to the forwards.

NMWBloods
11th September 2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
The biggest problem area though will be controlling their midfield and giving enough supply to the forwards.
Exactly - their weak backline means squat if we can't get it to our forwards effectively.

Charlie
11th September 2005, 03:04 PM
So... a probable team looks something like this (not in position):
Riewoldt
Ball
Dal Santo
Harvey
Hayes
Milne
Voss
Peckett
Gwilt
Ackland
R. Clarke
Guerra
Jones
Powell
Thompson
Montagna
Baker
Blake
Gehrig (not at full fitness)
Hudghton (ditto)
Goddard (ditto)
Maguire (ditto)

It's still strong, but if we can't beat that line-up, we're not good enough to win the flag in any case.

Tuesday
11th September 2005, 05:31 PM
Any takers for a Nancy Kerrigan-Tonya Harding-type incident again? :eek: ;)

Reggi
11th September 2005, 08:47 PM
Big risk playing injured forwards against us- Geelong showed on friday how important it is to put presure on our run from defence - injured players will struggle to do that. Kennelly, Bolton or B2 can do a mountain of damage if left to run free from an injured player.

Interesting risk to take - but they have had two weeks to get over injuries so you would guess they should be primed.