PDA

View Full Version : grand final tickets

kirky122
11th September 2005, 07:15 PM
...i dont want to get ahead of myself, but if the swans do end up making the grand final, what is the process of getting tickets. Like is it only open for members or can others from the General Public get tickets too? thanks

ROK Lobster
11th September 2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by kirky122
...i dont want to get ahead of myself, but if the swans do end up making the grand final, what is the process of getting tickets. Like is it only open for members or can others from the General Public get tickets too? thanks Ring Snowflake in the Hades section of the AFL ticketing department

cruiser
11th September 2005, 07:35 PM
SFC will post info about how to try to get them. Its not easy but is do-able if you organise yourself and a couple of others.

ScottH
11th September 2005, 07:44 PM
...i dont want to get ahead of myself, but if the swans do end up making the grand final, what is the process of getting tickets. Like is it only open for members or can others from the General Public get tickets too? thanks Start scouring Ebay.

Charlie
11th September 2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Ring Snowflake in the Hades section of the AFL ticketing department

:D

ScottH
11th September 2005, 08:08 PM
Better yet, start queueing at the local ticket office now.

AussieAnge
11th September 2005, 09:18 PM
So if we do win on Friday night when will those of us who didn't fork out the extra $75 per member for the premiership club start queuing for tickets?

ROK Lobster
11th September 2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
So if we do win on Friday night when will those of us who didn't fork out the extra $75 per member for the premiership club start queuing for tickets?
I just got an email with the details from the Club Ange. Your's wont be far away.

SXP
11th September 2005, 09:42 PM
What on earth are you guys dreaming off? Playing in GF? Yeah, right, dream on...

cruiser
11th September 2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by SXP
What on earth are you guys dreaming off? Playing in GF? Yeah, right, dream on...
Season almost over for you?

ROK Lobster
11th September 2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Season almost over for you? Closet Cats fan.

floppinab
11th September 2005, 10:26 PM
Info. has just arrived in inbox.

Link on the Swans website

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=finals05

Sample ticket letter links on the right hand side of the page.

Would've thought they could've come up with a better setup for those folks travelling to Melb. this weekend. Not too sure if it is the same for Melb. members.

Charlie
11th September 2005, 10:39 PM
Damn it - they haven't posted a sample letter for full club members.

Does anyone know if the procedures will be the same for Victorian members as it is for Sydney members?

ROK Lobster
11th September 2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
Damn it - they haven't posted a sample letter for full club members. I assumed that was a "season ticket holder" - isn't it the same thing?

Charlie
11th September 2005, 10:43 PM
I assumed that was a "season ticket holder" - isn't it the same thing?

Nope. I'm a full club member with "GF Preference". That's the level below the premiership club and various coteries. Season ticket holders have purchasing rights only if there's tickets left after the full club members buy theirs (which there won't be).

ROK Lobster
11th September 2005, 10:45 PM
Nope. I'm a full club member with "GF Preference". That's the level below the premiership club and various coteries. Season ticket holders have purchasing rights only if there's tickets left after the full club members buy theirs (which there won't be). Well if/when the time comes you'll be right Charlie. You'll have a barcode.

DST
11th September 2005, 10:47 PM
...i dont want to get ahead of myself, but if the swans do end up making the grand final, what is the process of getting tickets. Like is it only open for members or can others from the General Public get tickets too? thanks

If you are a Redback or Premiership Club member you simply follow the clubs instructions on Monday next week and pick up your tickets.

If you are a normal member, get ready to line-up and fight, pinch and scratch your way into a position to get the remaining 4,400 tickets approx.

If you are general public, start checking the classifieds and ebay and be prepared to part with $500 lazy ones at least, especially if Adelaide make it as well.

DST

Charlie
11th September 2005, 10:48 PM
Well if/when the time comes you'll be right Charlie. You'll have a barcode.

I'm not guaranteed - so I'm still planning how best to ensure that I get a ticket.

Does anyone know how big the Premiership Club is?

floppinab
11th September 2005, 10:49 PM
The Full Club info. is inside the Premiership Club letter. Take a look at that one.

It looks like the phone is going to be the only way for Melb. members to get tickets unless you get someone in Syd. to do it for you. Not a great setup IMO.

ROK Lobster
11th September 2005, 10:49 PM
I'm not guaranteed - so I'm still planning how best to ensure that I get a ticket.

Does anyone know how big the Premiership Club is? You will be fine Charlie, I promise... "if" we win on Fir night.

DST
11th September 2005, 10:50 PM
Nope. I'm a full club member with "GF Preference". That's the level below the premiership club and various coteries. Season ticket holders have purchasing rights only if there's tickets left after the full club members buy theirs (which there won't be).

Charlie, GF preference is the Premiership Club membership so don't worry.

The Premiership Club is limited to 4,000 only which is the minimum entitlement each club gets to the GF.

DST

Damien
11th September 2005, 10:51 PM

Does anyone know how big the Premiership Club is?

It is capped at 4000 members -but I don't think they got that many.

I joined up, I would spend it on some other crap anyway, so I figured I might as well guarantee myself a seat in the event we make it.

anniswan
11th September 2005, 10:52 PM
or be a Cheer Squad member and not have to worry :D :D

Charlie
11th September 2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by DST
Charlie, GF preference is the Premiership Club membership so don't worry.

No, they are 'GF Guaranteed'. My 'preference' is not a guaranteed seat.

DST
11th September 2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
The Full Club info. is inside the Premiership Club letter. Take a look at that one.

It looks like the phone is going to be the only way for Melb. members to get tickets unless you get someone in Syd. to do it for you. Not a great setup IMO.

Stop posting stuff like this that is totally incorrect.

Premiership Club is limited to 4,000 members which is the minimum entitlement the club gets to sell tickets.

All Premiership Club members in both States have to do is go to the pre arranged ticket collection point in each state on Monday and pay and pick-up their tickets. If they don't on Monday then the tickets go back into the central pool to be sold with what's left of the allocation.

DST

Charlie
11th September 2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
or be a Cheer Squad member and not have to worry :D :D

I had to bite the bullet. I wasn't enjoying the Cheer Squad at all last year... and couldn't justify the cost of a Premiership Club membership. I knew it could come back to haunt me.

DST
11th September 2005, 10:56 PM
No, they are 'GF Guaranteed'. My 'preference' is not a guaranteed seat.

Sorry, seems a bit strange to call them GF preference when you are in with the rest of the members for the remaining allocation.

But I suppose they use that to rule out the Country & JAM members.

DST

liz
11th September 2005, 10:56 PM
The system seems guarenteed to ensure the reserves team is without any travelling support for their GF on Sunday arvo!

floppinab
11th September 2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DST
Stop posting stuff like this that is totally incorrect.

Have you read the letter?????????

I suggest you go and take a look.

anniswan
11th September 2005, 11:11 PM
I had to bite the bullet. I wasn't enjoying the Cheer Squad at all last year... and couldn't justify the cost of a Premiership Club membership. I knew it could come back to haunt me.

Melb CS is great, not boganish like others. Denise runs a tight and professional ship there, I choose not to sit with the CS in Sydney as do others from Melbourne, but each to their own.

But for the $30 bucks extra we don't have the hassles that normal members do.

DST
11th September 2005, 11:20 PM
Have you read the letter?????????

I suggest you go and take a look.

Yes I have and that is the Sydney letter.

Was told by the Melbourne club today the letter for Melbourne Premiership Club members is different and we have a seperate pre arranged ticket collection point, which is the same collection point as Melbourne season ticket holders.

So yes I have read the letter thank you, so as per my first post please keep posts to what you know and not what is speculated.

DST

DST
11th September 2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by liz
The system seems guarenteed to ensure the reserves team is without any travelling support for their GF on Sunday arvo!

That is a shame but ticket sales are tightly controlled by the AFL and this system is the best available considering how rare they are.

Ironically, it was the 1996 GF and our fault we have this system.

DST

floppinab
11th September 2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by DST

Was told by the Melbourne club today the letter for Melbourne Premiership Club members is different and we have a seperate pre arranged ticket collection point, which is the same collection point as Melbourne season ticket holders.

So yes I have read the letter thank you, so as per my first post please keep posts to what you know and not what is speculated.

DST

OK, fair enough you could've mentioned that the first time and I said "It looks like..." because I wasn't sure.

And you said :

Originally posted by DST

All Premiership Club members in both States have to do is go to the pre arranged

which is not the case for "both States" as the Sydney letter states the process for Premiership Club members in Sydney will be queue ticks on Sat. and purchase on Sun.

grantygrant
11th September 2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by DST
If you are general public, start checking the classifieds and ebay and be prepared to part with $500 lazy ones at least, especially if Adelaide make it as well.

I'm pumped.

Norris Lurker
11th September 2005, 11:37 PM
Fortunately I've got a premiership club membership so I'm guaranteed, but it seems a bit strange that members have to queue up on Saturday in order to be able to queue up again on Sunday.

jude_boltons_babe
11th September 2005, 11:43 PM
i know what you mean

DST
11th September 2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
Fortunately I've got a premiership club membership so I'm guaranteed, but it seems a bit strange that members have to queue up on Saturday in order to be able to queue up again on Sunday.

The AFL has had complaints in the past from parents not happy their kids had to que to get tickets overnight, so they implemented this system.

Also minimises que jumpers and having grumpy people lining up and missing out on tickets the next day, which makes a lot od sense.

DST

DST
11th September 2005, 11:52 PM
OK, fair enough you could've mentioned that the first time and I said "It looks like..." because I wasn't sure.

And you said :

which is not the case for "both States" as the Sydney letter states the process for Premiership Club members in Sydney will be queue ticks on Sat. and purchase on Sun.

No prob's, I should have been more specific with my first post, they do still have to attend twice to get their tickets but it is a matter of simply turning up both days and you will get your ticket.

DST

Grant
13th September 2005, 12:38 AM
Damn it - they haven't posted a sample letter for full club members.

Does anyone know if the procedures will be the same for Victorian members as it is for Sydney members?

Charlie,there is a sample letter for us here (http://sydneyswans.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/228363at.pdf)

explains exactly what we have to do

swans_premiers
13th September 2005, 01:00 AM
as i said in the other thread..if theres any melbourne based swans members who cant go to the grand final and want to sell their ticket pm me:)