PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities confident of win

Go Swannies
15th September 2005, 10:22 PM
http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=229494

In part:

Morris Iemma, NSW Premier:
That nail-biting win against the Cats last Friday was reminiscent of the 1996 SCG classic against Essendon. There is a sense of destiny about the Swans performances this year, and they are as good as any of the four teams left in the finals. They have the size up forward, the speed across the park, and the right blend of youth and experience to win the match.

Tom Williams, Channel 7
Because they are strong, confident and focused.

Jason Smith, Sydney Kings Captain
Because it's all about ticker.

Peter Phelps, Channel 9
The Swannies will win on Friday night because the boys have proven they can beat anyone in the competition given their awesome spirit of camaraderie on and off the field. They can match this with individual brilliance of any one of those blooded angels running around the paddock.

Sandra Sully, Channel 10
Because Sydney have proven themselves this year as being a tough and resilient side and that's what it takes to win at finals time. They know it's their chance to shine and all the year's hard work 'will' pay off. They have copped a lot of flack for their game style and on Friday night will prove their critics wrong. The team shows a cohesiveness and spirit that defines champions.

Caroline Searcy, Fox Sports
Sydney will beat St Kilda on Friday night because they showed last year at the SCG they can shut down all the big Saints? names. They will bounce back from last week?s slugfest and enjoy being able to get a bit more space (and hopefully a dry ground!) to show their real running skills.

Adam Spencer
Good always triumphs over evil

timbo
15th September 2005, 10:26 PM
would they even know who the swans are playing or what final it is?

punter257
15th September 2005, 10:29 PM
i like sandra sully :D

Foreign Legion
15th September 2005, 10:30 PM
Thank God for that!

I was really worried before I read this thread!

BTW who are Tom Williams and Adam Spencer?

Morris sounds a tich more knowledgable than BC - apparently played a bit of footy - good stufff!

Go Swannies
15th September 2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by timbo
would they even know who the swans are playing or what final it is?

As endlessly discused Iemma played AFL so maybe. I know Tom Williams and he's befriended Jude since Jude bought his place in Annandale, too. Adam Spencer is at least as keen as anyone here and turns up for all the charity days. Also Margaret Throsby is a long term fan. And those are people who have been coming to Swans games for years. I was at a reception at the Opera House last night that was mainly media and lots of people were talking about the Swans - last week and this.

cruiser
15th September 2005, 10:33 PM
I was surprised to see Di "Bubbles" Fisher sitting up in the MA Noble at a Swans game a few years ago.

lwoggardner
15th September 2005, 10:38 PM
Saw Peter Phelps at the game last week

swanzotope
15th September 2005, 10:51 PM
haha whose adam spencer
must be a comedian

ugg
15th September 2005, 10:56 PM
The bandwagon is well and truly off!!

Adam Spencer used to host the Triple J breakfast show with Wil Anderson until last year. I saw him and his wife at the North Sydney pre-season game.

strange
15th September 2005, 10:58 PM
adam spencer used to host triple j breakfast with wil anderson
hes short, stocky, has got a wonky eye and he played in a celebrity match at the scg last year

Go Swannies
15th September 2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by swanzotope
haha whose adam spencer
must be a comedian

And I'm guessing it wasn't a female that asked who Tom Williams was. I have to say I don't know who Caroline Searcy is.

Glenn
15th September 2005, 11:31 PM
Fox sports News reporter

SimonH
15th September 2005, 11:40 PM
"Who is Adam Spencer?" is a totally valid question, but I did at least see him at the Geelong game.

monopoly19
15th September 2005, 11:54 PM
There's a lot of celebrity ring-ins at this time of year, but Adam Spencer is a Real Fan (but a bit of an idiot at the same time...the only reason the VSU action is going through is because he forgot to vote at the initial meeting)

Rizzo
16th September 2005, 12:54 AM
I feel much better now. Celebrities know everything ;-)

BonBon
16th September 2005, 12:59 AM
Adam Spencer must be a footy n00b. There's more to a Prelim (or any regular game to that effect) than "good always triumphs over evil".

swanzotope
16th September 2005, 01:34 AM
i think it was his attempt at humor bon.

obviously he failed

ScottH
16th September 2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Foreign Legion
BTW who [is] Tom Williamsr? He is Channel 7 ATM!!

Jeffers1984
16th September 2005, 08:21 AM
Adam Spencer is the Male version of Rebecca Wilson. Both grew up supporting Carlton and now "barrack" for the Swans.

TheHood
16th September 2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
Adam Spencer is the Male version of Rebecca Wilson. Both grew up supporting Carlton and now "barrack" for the Swans.

Thats a massive insult to Adam. Rebecca is one of the most repugnant people in the media today.

Speaking of which, has anybody heard if there has been a fallout between her and her Fox Footy colleague, Wayne "Duck Daks" Carey after she broke the HUUUUGE story in her scandel sheet on Sunday that the Duck Daks "disgraced himself at a Gold Coast function talking only of his QLD trips as a pants man?

I figured Duck might have gone after her with a shovel and did us all a favour!

Any news/goss? After all, she needs to fill the column somehow, even if she doesn't write the stuff.

Foreign Legion
16th September 2005, 09:08 AM
I was fair dinkum asking about Adam Spencer - had never heard of him - pretty easy when I live in Melbourne I guess.

Don't watch much telly - besides sport - so the Tom Williams question was almost valid too.

I hope these students of the game are right!

ScottH
16th September 2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Foreign Legion
I was fair dinkum asking about Adam Spencer - had never heard of him - pretty easy when I live in Melbourne I guess.

Don't watch much telly - besides sport - so the Tom Williams question was almost valid too.

I hope these students of the game are right! Tom Williams is good buddies with Jude!!! (imagine getting their left overs :cool: )

SXP
16th September 2005, 09:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken all those celebs are in Sydney. I wonder how many celebs in Melbourne are confident of Sydney's win tonight.;)

ScottH
16th September 2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by SXP
If I'm not mistaken all those celebs are in Sydney. I wonder how many celebs in Melbourne are confident of Sydney's win tonight.;) Molly Aint!!!