PDA

View Full Version : Who will the sainters try to take out first

swan_song
16th September 2005, 10:57 AM
While Hammill hasnt been named, it wouldnt surprise me if they play him and pay the fine...either way, they still have guerra who is a play the man, not the ball type of player, much in the hammill mould. Crouchie certainy got a working over by the cats last week, so Id expect crouchie and willo to be run-thru targets for the sainters early on...
It's such a shame we don't have anyone any more, a la the moose henwood, who can take it to the sainters, hit for hit, an eye for an eye...ohhhh for a Byron Pickett in the Swannies!!!:D

hammo
16th September 2005, 11:00 AM
They'll try and take out Davo for sure.

Baz will turn enforcer if Baker tries anything on.

Schneiderman
16th September 2005, 11:00 AM
Guerra will try to line up Kirky at the first bounce. Crouch will get attention the whole time, just to try and shake him as a tagger.

And we have Jolly and Hall if we need a bit of muscle. Personally I think against an even team like ours or the Saints, rough-up tactics are over-rated. Especially when all of the key targets are proven hard-nuts.

The only worthwhile target in the Saints side is Dal Santo. Seems the "softest" of the lot, and yet his importance is high.

Provost
16th September 2005, 11:06 AM
Willo may cop a bit of attention as he allready has an injury of sorts.

Rizzo
16th September 2005, 11:21 AM
I'd be lining up Dal Santo at the first bounce....Mathews?

16th September 2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Rizzo
I'd be lining up Dal Santo at the first bounce....Mathews?
Bevan.

Bevan is the man. First, on Dal Santo then move to Mat Macquire. Two big hits and he could earn himself a break on the bench for the rest of the game. His tackling skills are first class so certainly he could do it.

barry
16th September 2005, 01:39 PM
Kennelly. WC tried already.

They might also try Leo Barry, because of our vunerability if he goes down.

barry
16th September 2005, 01:41 PM
On our side, I'd love for Barry Hall to let his fists do some talking in the grand final if we make it. 10 weeks suspention in 2006....who cares when a flag is flying over the SCG.

Sanecow
16th September 2005, 01:42 PM
I'd be surprised if Crouchy didn't get crunched all night again.

sharpie
16th September 2005, 01:55 PM
I actually dont think the Saints will excessively target swans players. I get the feeling that they fully expect to waltz through this game into the grand final and so none of them will want to risk suspension this week.

Hope I'm right!

swanzotope
16th September 2005, 02:32 PM
i think sharpie's right

they expect turn up kick a few goals

boom gf berth.

oh common 15 goal first quarter!!!

Jeffers1984
16th September 2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by barry
On our side, I'd love for Barry Hall to let his fists do some talking in the grand final if we make it. 10 weeks suspention in 2006....who cares when a flag is flying over the SCG.

I'd take that as long as we win the GF. Plus next years draft was said to be one of the best ever in terms of quality and depth.

ScottH
16th September 2005, 02:42 PM
I bet the Cheer Squad Banner will be the first thing to get taken out!! Happens every week.

Cygnet
16th September 2005, 04:01 PM
Heard a funny thing on MMM (the cage) this morning.
They reckon Bazza just needs to just take out the 3 closest players to him at the first bounce (unless one of them is Nick D!) because that's how many are holding him each week. From there we're all good! Only problem with that theory is that we hope to need Barry next week.

Nico
16th September 2005, 04:08 PM

NO. Double the penalty in Grand Finals.

RogueSwan
16th September 2005, 04:25 PM

I thought this is what we were saving Maddog Maxfield for?

hammo
16th September 2005, 04:42 PM
There will be some St Kilda players who know they won't play next week if they win - Guerra for example. Maybe he'll be sent out to knock out a few Swans.

swanzotope
16th September 2005, 05:26 PM
i think they aint gonna try anything dirty

my dads in melb and pretty much everyone who is tehre thinks saints have it locked by 30+ points at least.

Ruda Wakening
16th September 2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by swanzotope
i think they aint gonna try anything dirty

No thrusting?