PDA

View Full Version : Omen

timbo
18th September 2005, 11:51 PM
the red and white won the flag this afternoon...

south freo (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=230013)

anniswan
18th September 2005, 11:53 PM
at my daughters Calastenics Competition yesterday the entry wristbands were Red and White

Cher
18th September 2005, 11:54 PM
And the Swans won the Geelong Football League Grand Final yesterday

NMWBloods
19th September 2005, 12:05 AM
I saw a red and white flower...

I look over to my bookcase and see red and white books...

:rolleyes:

msabenny
19th September 2005, 12:10 AM
Swans won the Canberra AFL Grand Final

Go Swannies
19th September 2005, 12:17 AM
I've been drinking red and white wines all weekend since Friday night's win . . .

swansrule100
19th September 2005, 01:00 AM
i saw a red car cut across in front of a blue car today :p

BayesysLeftBoot
19th September 2005, 01:08 AM
I cant be sure about this but I think I saw a swan mounting, and having its way with an eagle in the MCG car park after the match on friday night.:confused:

swansrule100
19th September 2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
I cant be sure about this but I think I saw a swan mounting, and having its way with an eagle in the MCG car park after the match on friday night.:confused:

LOL... i actually did see 5 swans urinating on a blue and yellow information booth after the game is that an omen?

ScottH
19th September 2005, 07:39 AM
I keep seeing a red and white cap!!!

dread and might
19th September 2005, 08:08 AM
At the start of the season i suggested the swans would make the GF based purely on the fact that i would be in New Zealand.......

Yours sincerely from Arthurs Pass, South Island NZ.....

ScottH
19th September 2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
At the start of the season i suggested the swans would make the GF based purely on the fact that i would be in New Zealand.......

Yours sincerely from Arthurs Pass, South Island NZ..... LMAO!!! You should go away every Sept!!!!! :p

Albert Park
19th September 2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Cher
And the Swans won the Geelong Football League Grand Final yesterday
Yesterday we were digging up a flower bed in the front garden. I discovered a Swans badge from the 2003 season. The player was Ryan O'Keefe

AussieAnge
19th September 2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Albert Park
Yesterday we were digging up a flower bed in the front garden. I discovered a Swans badge from the 2003 season. The player was Ryan O'Keefe

I know pebbles are used as garden decorations but using a badge of Pebbles is slightly unusual.:D

ScottH
19th September 2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
I know pebbles are used as garden decorations but using a badge of Pebbles is slightly unusual.:D LOL!!!

There are a heap of Read and White Cement trucks down the street right now. Delivering cement to the West side of the St!!!

Go Swannies
19th September 2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
LOL!!!

There are a heap of Read and White Cement trucks down the street right now. Delivering cement to the West side of the St!!!

We're going to bury them? I would have thought that Mob thing was more Cousins' style?

NMWBloods
19th September 2005, 10:18 AM
My eyes are white with red stripes...

OldE
19th September 2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Albert Park

Where do you live? I'll come and bury badges of every player in your garden :p

Mike_B
19th September 2005, 10:27 AM
Erin, when are you starting baking?

OldE
19th September 2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Erin, when are you starting baking?

The great cookie-baking day will be Thursday, at the home of the delightful BonBon. We're hoping to do 6 batches, which should make somewhere around 300 bikkies. Fortunately Bon and Bec can do the icing while I continue to bake.

Rizzo
19th September 2005, 07:52 PM
I think everyone should try a get out of something tomorrow (positive vibes)...so if don't avoid trouble by 2pm get out of work and come to training.

lescygnes
19th September 2005, 08:08 PM
i spent alot of time drinking red and white wine on sat night and ive been feeling sick as a dog since. maybe thats an omen!

S.U.D
19th September 2005, 08:15 PM
England won the ashes - represented by a red and white flag (not the union jack, the other one, can't remember what its called)

lescygnes
19th September 2005, 08:37 PM
st georges cross.

the union flag is a mix of st george, st andrew and st fenian bastard.

cheers
me

GoSouth33
19th September 2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by dread and might

Yours sincerely from Arthurs Pass, South Island NZ.....

Well Dread and Might, I hope you're really enjoying your snowboarding trip because your timing once again is appalling. First, you move to Melbourne and miss all the Swans games up here and now when they're just about to climb the highest mountain (figuratively) you're climbing your own mountains. Hope you're having fun. Catch ya next season loser!

tez
19th September 2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by lescygnes
i spent alot of time drinking red and white wine on sat night and ive been feeling sick as a dog since. maybe thats an omen!

You too. No thats and omen.

EMJ
19th September 2005, 10:23 PM
I started the video tape on Friday night at 1933 time on video clock - hope that will be a good omen.

GoSouth33
19th September 2005, 10:36 PM
Well a mate of mine who is a long standing member related this to me the other day. A couple of weeks ago his son, playing for the Mudgee Swans (red and white with a black swan logo) won their grand final....the following week he went to Broken Hill and that competition was won by his old team, the red and white South Broken Hill (although they are called the Kangaroos). I reckoned that was pretty good.

Norris Lurker
19th September 2005, 10:40 PM
My brother reports from Ireland that Cork, wearing red and white, won the All Ireland Hurling.

Rizzo
20th September 2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
My brother reports from Ireland that Cork, wearing red and white, won the All Ireland Hurling.

Go the Rebels!

I saw Cork play Offaly a few years back in a final. Loved the parade of the teams around the ground lead by a marching band before the game. How quaint!

anniswan
20th September 2005, 10:03 PM
The former judge off Idol (the swear filter won't let me post his name) and Leeanne wearing Red and White tonight in Dancing with the stars. and Paul Mercurio cheering on the Swans.

NMWBloods
20th September 2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not going to the game - that has to be a great omen!

Agent 86
20th September 2005, 10:52 PM
Mentioned this before somewhere, but now that he's clear to play:

HALL MARK (http://www.racenet.com.au/mel/default.asp) won the Melbourne cup in 1933.

swans_premiers
20th September 2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Agent 86
Mentioned this before somewhere, but now that he's clear to play:

HALL MARK (http://www.racenet.com.au/mel/default.asp) won the Melbourne cup in 1933.

so does this mean hall will take a mark to win the game

cruiser
20th September 2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I'm not going to the game - that has to be a great omen!
:rolleyes: Not a real supporter, are you. Classic couch supporter.

NMWBloods
21st September 2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by cruiser
:rolleyes: Not a real supporter, are you. Classic couch supporter.
I'm assuming that's not a serious comment...?

anniswan
21st September 2005, 12:35 AM
I'm not going to the game

Why not?

NMWBloods
21st September 2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by anniswan
Why not?
Because I was unable to get a ticket and I'm not paying $800+.

ugg
21st September 2005, 01:06 AM
As long as you bought a new couch that's fine with me.

BayesysLeftBoot
21st September 2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by GoSouth33
Well a mate of mine who is a long standing member related this to me the other day. A couple of weeks ago his son, playing for the Mudgee Swans (red and white with a black swan logo) won their grand final....the following week he went to Broken Hill and that competition was won by his old team, the red and white South Broken Hill (although they are called the Kangaroos). I reckoned that was pretty good. My little brothers team is the ballarat swans under 13.5s reserves and they won the premiership too and he also got BOG, this has to be an omen.

anniswan
21st September 2005, 01:12 AM
Because I was unable to get a ticket and I'm not paying $800+.

I would have thought you were a member and would have got a ticket

Xie Shan
21st September 2005, 01:13 AM
I was inside a building today where the colour scheme in the corridor on the second floor had white walls and red doorways. :p

ScottH
21st September 2005, 07:27 AM
I would have thought you were a member and would have got a ticket If like a lot of us he is a normal member, there was only Standing room tickets left for us by Monday when they went on sale.

I was not willing to by a standing room only ticket, maybe NMW was the same.

I was lucky that there are 2 I/state teams and the MCC opened up the seating to Reserve Members, otherwise I wouldn't be going either!

sharpie
21st September 2005, 10:23 AM
If like a lot of us he is a normal member, there was only Standing room tickets left for us by Monday when they went on sale.

I was not willing to by a standing room only ticket, maybe NMW was the same.

I was lucky that there are 2 I/state teams and the MCC opened up the seating to Reserve Members, otherwise I wouldn't be going either!

What do you mean by 'normal member'? I'm a normal member and was able to get tickets on Sunday? Why wait till Monday?

Dooloo
21st September 2005, 10:45 AM
Every time I have had my daughter this year and she sings the club song they win, so much to the disgust of her mother, I rang her last night and she sang Cheer da Red and da White for me.... we can't loose. Bring it on!!!

j s
21st September 2005, 10:50 AM
I was lucky that there are 2 I/state teams and the MCC opened up the seating to Reserve Members, otherwise I wouldn't be going either! My brother-in-law got a late offer from the MCC of a ticket which he immediately grabbed. He's not a Swannie but his mother was a diehard South supporter who refused till the day she died to use the name Sydney.

cruiser
21st September 2005, 11:05 AM
I'm assuming that's not a serious comment...?
No. ;) Some of the biggest Swans supporters I know watch the game from their couch. But they are trying desperately to get hold of tickets to the GF.

Surely someone here can help you get a ticket NMW?

NMWBloods
21st September 2005, 11:14 AM
I've tried. Unfortunately for family reasons we didn't get a membership this year (typical! :rolleyes: ) so that avenue was out. Have a few friends who tried to get me a corporate pass but they're as rare as hen's teeth (if you don't want to pay full price that is). Other friends are MCC members but they couldn't help me either.

I've seen those corporate packages, but as much as I want to be there, I find it hard to justify $800+ (particularly when I have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for costing > $30,000). Also, I think it would be a bad omen for everyone if I actually forked out that much for a ticket - no way we would win if I pay nearly $1,000 for a ticket!! ;)

I actually would take a standing room ticket even just to stand there by myself at this stage but that seems unlikely.

I haven't really decided what to do yet as all my Swans friends are at the game. Watching in the pub with neutral supporters (paricularly when you can normally barely see the screen or hear the commentary) doesn't seem all that appealing.

Agent 86
21st September 2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by swans_premiers
so does this mean hall will take a mark to win the game

This means he will take 13 marks to win the game.

ScottH
21st September 2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by sharpie
What do you mean by 'normal member'? I'm a normal member and was able to get tickets on Sunday? Why wait till Monday? Non-Priority Members!! I have a Melb season pass.

Sydney Members

Guaranteed Members
When: Sun 18th September 8:00am - 12:00 pm AEST
Phone: Call 1300 136 122

Priority Members
When: Sun 18th September 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Non-Priority Members
When: Mon 19th September 9:00 am AEST(Subject to availability)

sharpie
21st September 2005, 11:24 AM
Got it. I didnt realise there was a difference. Does a Melbourne season pass just get you into games in Melbourne, as opposed to a full membership which would get you into games in Sydney?

ScottH
21st September 2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sharpie
Got it. I didnt realise there was a difference. Does a Melbourne season pass just get you into games in Melbourne, as opposed to a full membership which would get you into games in Sydney? No, I think it gets 2 or 3 in Sydney.

timbo
21st September 2005, 12:00 PM
it gets you three games in sydney, which i didnt care about as long as i got my free swans umbrella.

snajik
21st September 2005, 01:50 PM
My favourite player is B Kirk and my lucky number is 9. We beat Geelong on 9/9 and we beat the Saints by 31 points (Kirky's number). Previously my favourite player was D Kickett. He wore #24 the date of the GF. It's all falling into place.

giant
21st September 2005, 02:21 PM
I've tried. Unfortunately for family reasons we didn't get a membership this year (typical! :rolleyes: ) so that avenue was out. Have a few friends who tried to get me a corporate pass but they're as rare as hen's teeth (if you don't want to pay full price that is). Other friends are MCC members but they couldn't help me either.

I've seen those corporate packages, but as much as I want to be there, I find it hard to justify $800+ (particularly when I have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for costing > $30,000). Also, I think it would be a bad omen for everyone if I actually forked out that much for a ticket - no way we would win if I pay nearly $1,000 for a ticket!! ;)

I actually would take a standing room ticket even just to stand there by myself at this stage but that seems unlikely.

I haven't really decided what to do yet as all my Swans friends are at the game. Watching in the pub with neutral supporters (paricularly when you can normally barely see the screen or hear the commentary) doesn't seem all that appealing.

Feel your pain NMW - I tossed up whether to get back my membership this year but decided that we were still one year away from a premiership. D'oh!!

Now I've got the couch v pub dilemma to deal with.

swansrule100
21st September 2005, 02:56 PM
heres a rubbish omen that may be wrong

but i was thinking last night

in the years 1905 1915 1925 1935 1945 1955 1965 1975 1985 1995 hasnt the premier had either red or white in their jumper??

tho i guess fitzroy had maroon (sp)

but if we are looking for omens.... and bear in mind i could be wrong it was late

S.U.D
21st September 2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
heres a rubbish omen that may be wrong

but i was thinking last night

in the years 1905 1915 1925 1935 1945 1955 1965 1975 1985 1995 hasnt the premier had either red or white in their jumper??

tho i guess fitzroy had maroon (sp)

but if we are looking for omens.... and bear in mind i could be wrong it was late

Where's the red or white on the Carlton jumper (1995)???????:confused:

swansrule100
21st September 2005, 03:01 PM
the cfc is white is it not?

look do u want an omen?

BonBon
21st September 2005, 03:36 PM
Here's an Omen - at the Nee Hi Party Shop, they were selling AFL plushies that had "push here" to play the theme song. Fortunately, the WCE bear had a dying battery.

NMWBloods
21st September 2005, 03:38 PM
How many sides don't have red or white? Hawthorn, Port, Richmond, and West Coast. Pretty good odds of red or white (even though those 4 sides have won 9 of the past 25 flags).

:)

NMWBloods
21st September 2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by giant
Feel your pain NMW - I tossed up whether to get back my membership this year but decided that we were still one year away from a premiership. D'oh!!

Now I've got the couch v pub dilemma to deal with.
I have one final roll of the dice and will find out Friday.

If not then I will probably head down to the Punt Rd Oval function.

floppinab
21st September 2005, 03:45 PM
I have one final roll of the dice and will find out Friday.

If not then I will probably head down to the Punt Rd Oval function.

Omen eh??? Did you go to the last GF the Swans won????

Disappointing NMW, I believe that RWO should honour their post leader and pull out some stops to ensure you are at the game.

A dedicated thread at the least...........

Agent 86
21st September 2005, 11:27 PM
How many sides don't have red or white? Hawthorn, Port, Richmond, and West Coast.
Port have white. But I'm asking myself "who cares?"

S.U.D
22nd September 2005, 09:13 AM
the cfc is white is it not?

look do u want an omen?

Alright, that's it. This thread is just getting plain silly.

I'm going into the other one where the cat is predicting the margin by sitting on the swans logo and licking its bottom!

swansrule100
22nd September 2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by S.U.D
Alright, that's it. This thread is just getting plain silly.

I'm going into the other one where the cat is predicting the margin by sitting on the swans logo and licking its bottom!

swans have never lost to eagles in the grand final. theres an omen :P

S.U.D
22nd September 2005, 09:49 AM
swans have never lost to eagles in the grand final. theres an omen :P

The eagles have never won a flag in an odd numbered year. The swans have:p

swans05
22nd September 2005, 02:13 PM
omen - mclaren was umpire when we beat eagles last at the scg
had to find something positive about mclaren

Snowy
22nd September 2005, 02:30 PM
A bloke wrote into The Age today and he had a good omen for the West Coast. It seems they win the flag every time Sandringham wins one.

Sanecow
22nd September 2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
A bloke wrote into The Age today and he had a good omen for the West Coast. It seems they win the flag every time Sandringham wins one.

That is just superstitious nonsense.

Piobaireachd
22nd September 2005, 05:33 PM
I saw a red and white flower...

I look over to my bookcase and see red and white books...

:rolleyes: I'm surprised you even have red and white blood cells coursing through your veins ;)

lescygnes
22nd September 2005, 09:15 PM
my drinking partner had some sort of flower bloom (look, i dont know the frigging name but it's pretty OK!) and it was a mix of red and white.

so he thinks the swans are going to win.

******** this stuff is killing me. kick the ball NOW!!!!!!

ROK Lobster
22nd September 2005, 09:23 PM
I ran over a bloke today who was wearing an Eagles scarf

Refried Noodle
22nd September 2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
I ran over a bloke today whjo was wearing an Eagles scarf

Now THATS an omen!

ScottH
22nd September 2005, 09:44 PM
Tom Williams on The Mole was wearing his Swans Tie and his last comment was "go swans"

punter257
22nd September 2005, 10:32 PM
******** apparently robert walls has tipped us :mad:

cruiser
22nd September 2005, 10:42 PM
I hope you then reversed to make sure that you had done it properly?

Thunder Shaker
22nd September 2005, 11:18 PM
The weather forecast for Saturday is fine with late rain. It would be fitting if rain started falling at the MCG just as the siren went to herald our win. Rainfall breaks a drought!

ScottH
22nd September 2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
The weather forecast for Saturday is fine with late rain. It would be fitting if rain started falling at the MCG just as the siren went to herald our win. Rainfall breaks a drought! With a Single strike of Lightning!!!

Cher
22nd September 2005, 11:33 PM
My Auntie phoned me this morning from Wangaratta to tell me that a Swan had landed on her swimming pool!

burko
22nd September 2005, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, regular reader, first time poster... Passionate Swan...

How about the following comparisons between the 2003 & 2005 finals?

Week 1
2003: 1st (PA) hosted 4th (THE SWANNIES) and lost
2005: 1st (Adel) hosted 4th (StK) and lost
2003: 2nd (Coll) hosted 3rd (Bris) and won
2005: 2nd (WC) hosted 3rd (THE SWANNIES) and won

Week 2
2003: 1st (PA) hosted Semi Final and won
2005: 1st (Adel) hosted Semi Final and won
2003: 3rd (Bris) hosted Semi Final and won
2005: 3rd (THE SWANNIES) hosted Semi Final and won

Week 3
2003: 2nd (Coll) hosted 1st (PA) and won
2005: 2nd (WC) hosted 1st (Adel) and won
2003: 4th (THE SWANNIES) hosted 3rd (Bris) and lost
2005: 4th (StK) hosted 3rd (THE SWANNIES) and lost

and in the big one....
2003: 3rd (Bris) reversed the Week 1 result by beating 2nd (Coll)
2005: 3rd (THE SWANNIES) 2nd (WC)

pete
23rd September 2005, 12:05 AM
Stumbled across this upcoming DVD to be released:

SYDNEY SWANS AFL PREMIERS 2005: E
AFL: AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE - Release date: 26 Sep 2005
DVD AU $34.99 (US$24.56/GBP 13.40) VEG
Pre-Release Order / more info

at:

http://www.hmv.com.au/search/browse_dvd_genre.asp?dept=500&sdept=550&class=590&section=&CurPage=5&sort=Title&view=Detail&numperpage=

If that's not an omen, nothing is!

Pete

tantrum
23rd September 2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by pete
Stumbled across this upcoming DVD to be released:

SYDNEY SWANS AFL PREMIERS 2005: E
AFL: AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE - Release date: 26 Sep 2005
DVD AU $34.99 (US$24.56/GBP 13.40) VEG

Well-spotted. This will be an awesome DVD that I very much hope to purchase.

My omen was that I have felt something compelling me not to shave my beard (other than my usual laziness). So, now I won't shave until after the GF. Pretty crap omen admittedly...

S.U.D
23rd September 2005, 08:47 AM
With a Single strike of Lightning!!!

And a clap of thunder that shakes the stadium!!!

Refried Noodle
23rd September 2005, 11:19 AM
Prob already been said, but the Canb Times had this one:

Since 2001 neither team has racked up consecutive wins.

So....:D

Dave
23rd September 2005, 12:02 PM
Here's another one I just heard on the radio:

In 1933 a horse called HALL MARK won the Melbourne Cup.

http://www.topendsports.com/resources/melbournecup.htm

;)

Refried Noodle
24th September 2005, 12:47 AM
Johnny Howards picking WC:

Very little of the drivel that comes out of his mouth is ever true.:D

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Refried Noodle

Don't knock Johnny he's been a St George supporter in the League since he was a young boy ;) let's hope it's a good day/night for the Red and White in general today.

BayesysLeftBoot
26th September 2005, 12:54 AM
Wow! Every single one of our omens turned out to be correct. Thats freaky!

punter257
26th September 2005, 08:41 AM
robert walls picked us to win :eek:

he actually got something right for once - what is the world coming too

Mike_B
26th September 2005, 09:05 AM
I thought to myself when the Eagles ran out that it may have been another omen. In the 2 games they beat us in this year, they were wearing their dark blue, white and yellow strip and in the game in Sydney they wore their lighter blue guernsey. And they were wearing it again on Saturday!

Another omen for next year perhaps:

Craig Bolton's first year in Bris was a PF, then SF, then flag, then flag.

So far in Sydney he has gone PF, SF, Flag...

swan_song
26th September 2005, 09:19 AM
Geez, guys.....give credit where it's due.... it wasn't the red jocks after all... it WAS the scarf! Although it's been superceded by a more modern, not to mention cleaner variant, the old 87 scarf came out of mothballs for the weekend and made the trip to the G on Saturday...and, of course, it was this that got them over the line, not the outstanding self belief the guys had in each other, their never say die attitude, the amazing leo mark or monty goal, or even the coaching from Robert Walls....:D

Agent 86
26th September 2005, 06:46 PM
Amon, Omen.

Amen.

lachlanc
26th September 2005, 08:43 PM
I made a pact with the devil about six weeks ago.

I said to him I'd sign his parchment, giving him my soul, and make a bargain that I'd tolerate Australia losing the Ashes as long as the Swans won a premiership.

he hasn't come collecting quite yet. obviously letting me enjoy it for a while before he comes....

anniswan
26th September 2005, 08:49 PM
According to WLF tonight, for 8 of the last 10 years the team that has finsihed 3rd has one the flag

ugg
26th September 2005, 08:56 PM
That's not correct. The last 10 years the premiers have finished
3rd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 4th and 2nd in the H&A season.

anniswan
26th September 2005, 09:10 PM
Sorry, maybe I heard wrong, and they said that the Premiers had finished in the top 3.

lescygnes
26th September 2005, 09:30 PM
this rangers fan is thinking of creating a shrine to tadhg kennelly and county kerry!

Bart
26th September 2006, 11:49 PM

ROK have you been able to repeat that this year ?

AnnieH
27th September 2006, 12:16 AM
God you people are hilarious!! I've just woken the fam laughing!!

For what it's worth ... my brand new rose bushes gave me two beautiful opened flowers this arvo ... one red / one white.

FOUR MORE SLEEPIES!!!!
:D

tantrum
27th September 2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by tantrum in 2005
My omen was that I have felt something compelling me not to shave my beard (other than my usual laziness). So, now I won't shave until after the GF. Pretty crap omen admittedly...

Hey, the same thing is happening this year (about a 12-day growth at the moment).

By the Beard of Tantrum, may the Swannies reign victorious this Saturday!

hammo
27th September 2006, 08:31 AM
According to WLF tonight, for 8 of the last 10 years the team that has finsihed 3rd has one the flag
We finished 4th

goswannie14
27th September 2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by hammo
We finished 4th It's an old thread hammo, I got sucked in too.:mad:

dread and might
27th September 2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by tantrum

In the NHL players grow a "playoff beard". Self explanatory really

Albert Park
27th September 2006, 03:50 PM

He picked them last year too. He also picked his cabinet and what a bunch of cretins they are.
He knows zip about it, the Tragic Cricket!
The dopey little @@@@ should work out there are a lot of Swans supporters in his seat of Bennelong and probably ony six Weegirls supporters (we know where they live , too). ;)

Most of the Weegirls supporters live in Kim Beazley's electorate in Perth The last thing Howard wants to do is get Kim Beazley voted out!:p

Jeffers1984
27th September 2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by timbo
the red and white won the flag this afternoon...

south freo (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=230013)
OK thats a bad omen now. South Freo lost to subi in the GF the other day.,

swannymum
27th September 2006, 04:19 PM
I went on holidays last week to Lord Howe Island....

I was issued with a pushbike with the number 31, who is captaining our team on the day!! Go Kirky!!

Layby
27th September 2006, 04:22 PM
I just had a cr@p and it looked just like the premiership cup, complete with red and white ribbons !

Now that is either an omen, or i have worms

Kallias
27th September 2006, 05:02 PM
Last year I posted on here that I'd seen an episode of the Simpsons where looters smash the window of a music shop, and march out playing the Notre Dame Victory March.

Guess what? It was on again the other day.

WestCoast1
27th September 2006, 05:10 PM
Sydney lose close first final. Eagles win close first final.
Sydney win home final. Eagles week off.
Sydney win away final in come from behind effort. Eagles control home prelim, get challenged, but pull away.
South Freo (Red & White) win Grand Final.
Ben Cousins (Eagles) wins Brownlow medal
Sydney win grand final. Eagles don't.

West Coast lose close first final. Sydney win close first final.
Eagles win home final. Sydney week off.
Eagles win away final in come from behind effort. Sydney control home prelim, get challenged, but pull away.
South Freo (Red & White) lose Grand Final.
Adam Goodes (Swans) wins Brownlow medal
West Coast...??

Not trying to stir @@@@ here, just putting up some interesting facts you'd have to agree...

(Acknowledgment: 'Jor-El')

Mel
27th September 2006, 05:12 PM
Well last year I posted a long story about how my brother married an evil witch on GF day 96. They got seperated last year and voila!

Would you believe my brother is getting married again this year? But this year it's the week AFTER the GF and he's marrying a lovely Swans member not an evil cow. It's gotta be good doesn't it?

AnnieH
27th September 2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by WestCoast1
Not trying to stir @@@@ here, just putting up some interesting facts you'd have to agree...

Hey WC1 ... they also say we're the underdogs.
We like that!!
You guys getting worried yet??
Cheers ... AH:D

WOW movers & shakers ... six pages of good omens.
WC1 ... top that!!!:D

goswannie14
27th September 2006, 05:32 PM
I was watching the morning news and the last shot was of a little girl at the Swans training session holdng a sign "Swans #1", that's an omen.:)

BTW WC1, you're really clutching at straws now, trying to draw parallels with last year.:rolleyes:

WestCoast1
27th September 2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I was watching the morning news and the last shot was of a little girl at the Swans training session holdng a sign "Swans #1", that's an omen.:)

BTW WC1, you're really clutching at straws now, trying to draw parallels with last year.:rolleyes:

You are joking right?

I thought my post made a lot of sense ;-) ...more so than a small fan with a sign at a training session - not much out of the ordinary there.

I saw a cygnet carcus on the road on my way to work this morning too... :eek: no word of a lie!

hammo
27th September 2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Annie Haddad
Hey WC1 ... they also say we're the underdogs.
We like that!!
You guys getting worried yet??
Cheers ... AH:D

WOW movers & shakers ... six pages of good omens.
WC1 ... top that!!!:D
Most of them are from last year :confused:

Thunder Shaker
27th September 2006, 06:08 PM
Sydney lose close first final. Eagles win close first final.
Sydney win home final. Eagles week off.
Sydney win away final in come from behind effort. Eagles control home prelim, get challenged, but pull away.
South Freo (Red & White) win Grand Final.
Ben Cousins (Eagles) wins Brownlow medal
Sydney win grand final. Eagles don't.

West Coast lose close first final. Sydney win close first final.
Eagles win home final. Sydney week off.
Eagles win away final in come from behind effort. Sydney control home prelim, get challenged, but pull away.
South Freo (Red & White) lose Grand Final.
Adam Goodes (Swans) wins Brownlow medal
West Coast...??

Swans results against West Coast outside Perth this century: WWWWW.
West Coast's recent form at the MCG: LLWWLLWW.
Swans' recent form at the MCG: WWWWW.

If the Swans win, all three patterns continue.

WestCoast1
27th September 2006, 06:27 PM
Swans results against West Coast outside Perth this century: WWWWW.
West Coast's recent form at the MCG: LLWWLLWW.
Swans' recent form at the MCG: WWWWW.

If the Swans win, all three patterns continue.

Time to break the mold then huh? ;)

tantrum
27th September 2006, 06:47 PM
We're talking omens not patterns. They are not meant to make any sense at all - particularly layby's Cup-resembling turd.

goswannie14
27th September 2006, 06:59 PM
I thought my post made a lot of sense ;-) Yeah, you would.;)

Refried Noodle
27th September 2006, 09:09 PM
1948 GF Melbourne draw with Essendon

29 years later

1977 North Melbourne draw with Collingwood

29 years later

Margin in last four matches between Sydney/West Coast

4, 4, 2, 1.....what's next?

A draw is not out of the question.

Big Al
27th September 2006, 09:16 PM

I saw a cygnet carcus on the road on my way to work this morning too... :eek: no word of a lie!

My Mothers Budgie died last week.

Thunder Shaker
27th September 2006, 09:33 PM
Margin in last four matches between Sydney/West Coast

4, 4, 2, 1.....what's next?
It's actually -4, +4, -2, +1.

Dave
27th September 2006, 09:53 PM
It's actually -4, +4, -2, +1.

Good. So that means we need another 1 pt victory to make it even!;)

Zlatorog
28th September 2006, 04:26 PM
How about this:

Today I went to the supermarket in West Ryde wearing 2005 premiership T-shirt and was acosted by an employee who was a WCE supporter. The woman said it's their turn now and my response was lets wait and see. There are no turns in this game, only the best team wins a premiership. She took off immediately.

Is this an omen? How on earth do I have to cross path with an WCE supporter in the middle of "nowhere"?

Xie Shan
1st October 2006, 03:08 PM
Four reasons why we lost - my omens:

1. Shortly after the QF, I had a conversation on MSN with another RWOer, who was afraid that because last year's GF result was the reverse of the QF one, we would lose the GF by a point and it was going to bloody hurt this time.

2. Just before I went to bed on Friday, I was online and noticed that the last post by 'goswannie14' before the GF took his total to 4,444 (!) posts. 4 is an unlucky number in Chinese.

3. At the pub I was at, the globes in one of the projectors were not working properly, such that everything on the screen appeared in a shade of brilliant West Coast blue, even the Swans' jumpers. Even though it didn't affect my viewing of the game as there were plenty of other screens around, I took it as a bad omen.

4. Again at the pub, I brought along a (burned) CD with some AFL songs, including that 'We Hate You Eagles' song from Dockerland, to play before the match started. It refused to play!