PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel?

Schneiderman
22nd September 2005, 04:19 PM
Its strange... maybe its the Barrygate saga.. but I dont feel as nervous about this week... well until I picture the scenes after the game.

I think I was more nervous about last week, and more confident about this week. But I'll stop typing now, because its getting me worked up :(

Mike_B
22nd September 2005, 04:24 PM
I'm about the same as last week but for totally different reasons - last week was the build up of tension and anxiety about "will I get tickets if we win" now it's just "will we win"....

TheHood
22nd September 2005, 04:25 PM
I actually feel sensational!

Never better, this is the most exciting week of my life.

Daughter turns 2 tomorrow and I fly out late afternoon to bring the flag home for her birthday!

Schneiderman
22nd September 2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
Daughter turns 2 tomorrow and I fly out late afternoon to bring the flag home for her birthday!

Can you return it in time for the Sydney street parade? :p

giant
22nd September 2005, 04:28 PM
Damn freakn excited - I'VE GOT TICKETS!!!!!

ItsAllGoodes
22nd September 2005, 04:34 PM
This almost goes down as embarassing disclosures...and I could have posted this in the Omens thread, but...

When I was growing up I used to get very excited about sporting events...mainly things like Lionel Rose and Johnny Famechon winning world titles (yeah I am that old). I would get so excited I would get nose bleeds.

On Monday, with no warning, my nose started to bleed...probably some hangover from last friday and having got tickets and the nervous tension about this week.

Immediate concern maybe...but than I looked at the red blood and the white tissue and i decided it was an omen.

Not quite a Kirky flow of blood, but heck if I can bleed for the team, so can the 22 of them...GO BLOODS!!!!

ScottH
22nd September 2005, 04:37 PM
I'm at home so I don't have work as a distraction!!!! :rolleyes:

Schneiderman
22nd September 2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
Immediate concern maybe...but than I looked at the red blood and the white tissue and i decided it was an omen.

Did the blood form a V with a suspicious little opera house cut-away in the bottom? :p

Schneiderman
22nd September 2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
I'm at home so I don't have work as a distraction!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm at work, so I have this forum as a distraction :D

cruiser
22nd September 2005, 04:40 PM
I'm at home so I don't have work as a distraction!!!! :rolleyes: It doesnt work as a distraction. I am almost useless at work today so am taking tomorrow off.

ItsAllGoodes
22nd September 2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
Did the blood form a V with a suspicious little opera house cut-away in the bottom? :p

I would prefer that it had looked like two men, both wearing red and white, holding a premiership cup

desredandwhite
22nd September 2005, 04:46 PM
Same as Mike - about the same level but different.

Week 1 - Nervous: Do we have what it takes?
Week 2 - Anxious: Can we come back after a disappointing loss?
Week 3 - Apprehensive: We have to take on St Kilda at the MCG
Week 4 - Excited: We have every chance

S.U.D
22nd September 2005, 04:46 PM
I had to maintain the bell curve, or else the laws of statistics might collapse and the whole universe might suck itself back into a black hole before the Swans win on saturday.

So I voted arrogant:D

Plugger46
22nd September 2005, 04:49 PM
Pretty similar to last week. Although I can see it going up a couple of notches after the parade tomorrow!

Pommie Swannie
22nd September 2005, 04:50 PM
Personally, I'm a wreck. Leaving work at 2 tomorrow to jump in the car for the long journey down (although it won't be as long as last Friday night on Driver Ave!). At least the journey will provide a distraction - I'll attempt to keep my mind on the road!

Mike_B
22nd September 2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
It doesnt work as a distraction. I am almost useless at work today so am taking tomorrow off.

Now are you sure it's tomorrow you have off or do you finish work tomorrow??? Wouldn't wanna do a Scott now!!! :p ;) :D

swansrule100
22nd September 2005, 04:53 PM
today i am convinced we will win easily

wonder if it will last

punter257
22nd September 2005, 05:04 PM
i'm feeling sensational - only 2 sleeps to go

ScottH
22nd September 2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Now are you sure it's tomorrow you have off or do you finish work tomorrow??? Wouldn't wanna do a Scott now!!! :p ;) :D OII!!!!!!

To many things happening at once.

Jeffers1984
22nd September 2005, 05:09 PM
I am still ********ting myself like there is no tomorrow.

My last day of work for the week today thank god and i fly down to Melbourne early tomorrow for the GF parade.

I'm excited but also ******** scared about Saturday. But i have the best feeling that we will do something really special on Saturday to become the happiest day of my life.

CARN THE BLOODS!!!!!!!!!

NMWBloods
22nd September 2005, 05:14 PM
I feel like vomiting again... but in a good way this time!!

Thunder Shaker
22nd September 2005, 05:22 PM
I'm feeling fairly relaxed at the moment, although I have been preoccupied with football all week. I'm not too worried about the game. The fate of the side is completely out of my hands so I'm just not worrying about it. Perhaps the realisation of our being in the Grand Final hasn't really sunk in. It doesn't feel like a Thursday before a Grand Final.

That will change if I can get tomorrow off. I couldn't attend the parade in '96 so I'm looking forward to this one should I be so lucky.

I'm quite sure I will be more nervous when Saturday morning arrives. Meeting other RWO regulars will be a blast, and I'm feeling almost as nervous about that as I am about the game. I rarely get the opportunity to commune with fellow Bloods.

Then there's the Punt Road oval. What will it be like? Should I slake my thirst beforehand so I can avoid buying overpriced drinks there?

ScottH
22nd September 2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I feel like vomiting again... but in a good way this time!! Join the club!!

possumfeatures
22nd September 2005, 05:24 PM
I think I feel terrible...it is either really really good or really really bad. I think I am slightly hysterical. I am too superstitious to let myself get too excited but then I promised myself that this time I would try and enjoy the week and each moment. I just wish I was an optimist rather than a pessimist. Can't wait though...the parade will be fantastic...don't think I can conemplate returning to work afterwards.

Sanecow
22nd September 2005, 05:24 PM
Join the club!!

This one? (http://www.anorexicsandbulimicsanonymousaba.com/)

ScottH
22nd September 2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
This one? (http://www.anorexicsandbulimicsanonymousaba.com/) That is for ppl who want to!!

Mel
22nd September 2005, 05:33 PM
I'm very excited. Hope I can get some sleep tonight, it's a long drive down to Melb :)

BayesysLeftBoot
22nd September 2005, 05:56 PM
More confident this week, but also more nervous because of what is on the line.

SXP
22nd September 2005, 06:01 PM
I'm a nervous wreck. I'm like Bron who weaks up early in the morning and can't go to sleep afterwards. In the past I thought if the Swans reach GF I'd be enjoying myself the whole week before the game, but that's not the case. I haven't been so tense for as far I can remember. I hope tmorrow's GF parade will provide some distraction.

Teasdale77
22nd September 2005, 06:05 PM
I waited 23 years for a Sydney team to win an NBL basketball title and it's now the same length of time to break our VFL/AFL drought in this town. I'm taking that as a pretty good omen - even better if we win 3 premierships back-to-back like the Kings :D

But damn my nerves are so shredded, come Saturday I'm going to need plenty of medicinal alcohol before the opening bounce :)

Bunyip
23rd September 2005, 10:40 AM
I've gotta stop reading RWO, the Age, Herald Sun etc....it's making a nervous wreck. Butterflies are churning while I'm reading this stuff, I'll be a mess if this keeps up until Saturday evening.

swansrule100
23rd September 2005, 04:47 PM
im nervous but its such a great feeling

this is awesome isnt it

punter257
23rd September 2005, 04:49 PM
i love this country and this great game of ours

getting more and more nervous by the hour

swansrule100
23rd September 2005, 04:55 PM
sometimes i have this bad fear of losing and least now we still have all the hope, then i feel bad for thinking that way

i was hoping roosy and hally would just grab the cup and run at the press conference :P

R-1
23rd September 2005, 04:55 PM
Dread and excitement, tomorrow will be one of the best days of my life or one of the worst.

anne
23rd September 2005, 05:23 PM
I feel drained more than anything. Sometimes I think we might actually win and I can't imagine how good that would feel. But then I think how bad and sick I will feel if we lose and I wonder how I would cope.

possumfeatures
23rd September 2005, 05:26 PM
Anne - I feel exactly the same. people keep telling me to enjoy the moment, but it is almost as if I am too scared to enjoy the moment...this is all linked with my jinx theories...if I enjoy the moment it means I'll think about winning, if I think about winning too much I'll be devestated if the worst happens......

Dave
23rd September 2005, 05:28 PM
I will really start to enjoy it if we are 5 goals up with 2 mins of play left.

Until then, nerves and superstitions!

swansrule100
23rd September 2005, 05:30 PM
even if we are 10 goals up at 3/4 time ill still be nervous til the siren sounds

then im going to jump through the roof i reckon

Young Blood
23rd September 2005, 05:31 PM
I've been super nervous all week. I'm more confident than last week, but more nervous too b/c the stakes are higher.

satchmopugdog
23rd September 2005, 06:05 PM
I'm packed and ready. Just have to wait to drive to Launceston airport. I am sooo excited. The office people put it over the P.A. wishing me luck for the trip.
If you want things to happen you've got to make things happen.

Sanecow
23rd September 2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by satchmopugdog
If you want things to happen you've got to make things happen.

That's why you have to stop making chip sandwiches and put on the moves. :D

satchmopugdog
23rd September 2005, 06:10 PM
LOL.....The sandwiches were delicious again this Friday.

tez
23rd September 2005, 06:21 PM
I reckon we will do it, but it is impossible to concentrate on
the job. It has been a sensational week for all.

woo
23rd September 2005, 06:22 PM
I just said outloud "you show em sydney"

not long now

Destructive
23rd September 2005, 06:48 PM
I am really nervous now. As time goes on I get more and more nervous.

connolly
23rd September 2005, 09:19 PM
After watching Bobby Skilton and Freddy Goldsmith on the tele last night I have become quietly confident - almost transcendental. Now a little uneasy that it could be the precursor of a stroke or heart attack. Just my luck to die just before the bloods win the grand final of a generation. So much for the quiet confidence

punter257
23rd September 2005, 09:22 PM
i'm ********ting myself now, i've been quietly confident all week but now the fear of failure is setting in

ScottH
23rd September 2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by punter257
i'm ********ting myself now, i've been quietly confident all week but now the fear of failure is setting in Me too, feel like crap!!!

BayesysLeftBoot
23rd September 2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by punter257
i'm ********ting myself now, i've been quietly confident all week but now the fear of failure is setting in I'm the opposite, I've been quietly confident throughout the week but tonight I've been overtaken by a sense of calm, a feeling of destiny and fate being on our side. Our boys are on a mission that will not be stopped by ANYTHING! GO BLOODS!!

The Undertaker
23rd September 2005, 11:14 PM
lol,

I think i may have to see a shrink soon!

One minute thinking of the boys holding up that trophy and HAPPINESS!

The next,thinking how tough West Coast are going to be and perhaps,'oh well,at least we got there,always next year!'

AAARRRGGGHHH!

C'mon lets get on with the game!

BayesysLeftBoot
24th September 2005, 12:56 AM
Right now, all of a sudden I am feeling nothing. Maybe I'm emotionally drained, maybe I'm just tired.

It's particularly quiet on the boards tonight, hows everyone else feeling?

BayesysLeftBoot
24th September 2005, 01:01 AM
Someone say something inspiring, fire me up!

Schneiderman
24th September 2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
It's particularly quiet on the boards tonight, hows everyone else feeling?

Really, REALLY pumped!

I have decided (and this is not a cop out) that regardless of what happens, I am really proud of the lads. I really think that they can win it, but considering the crap they had to put up with this year, am amazed at how they carry themselves now.

Right now, they are a "power side". The best in the competition. Nothing can take that away from them.

Go Bloods. You earned it. The hard way.

BayesysLeftBoot
24th September 2005, 01:05 AM
Really, REALLY pumped!

I have decided (and this is not a cop out) that regardless of what happens, I am really proud of the lads. I really think that they can win it, but considering the crap they had to put up with this year, am amazed at how they carry themselves now.

Right now, they are a "power side". The best in the competition. Nothing can take that away from them.

Go Bloods. You earned it. The hard way. Yeah right on! I think I'll be the same way I was in '96 if we lose: extremely dissapointed but still proud and completely amazed at the teams success.

Schneiderman
24th September 2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
Yeah right on! I think I'll be the same way I was in '96 if we lose: extremely dissapointed but still proud and completely amazed at the teams success.

'96 was different though. Everyone had an excuse for our success... and his name was Lockett. Completely unfair to the team as a whole, but sadly quite correct. Well there were some (admittedly HUGE) names other than Plugger in the team, but after them there was a large chasm in talent.

The ONE thing everyone in the media agrees about this team is their HEART. They inspire each other. They work for each other. I know they will win for each other. "Team of Champions vs Champion Team"

God they deserve it.

BayesysLeftBoot
24th September 2005, 01:12 AM
'96 was different though. Everyone had an excuse for our success... and his name was Lockett. Completely unfair to the team as a whole, but sadly quite correct. Well there were some (admittedly HUGE) names other than Plugger in the team, but after them there was a large chasm in talent.

The ONE thing everyone in the media agrees about this team is their HEART. They inspire each other. They work for each other. I know they will win for each other. "Team of Champions vs Champion Team"

God they deserve it. Yeah thats true, I like the way the commentator (forget his name) on Before the game described the team tonight: Men on a mission. They really have steped up to a level I didn't even think they were capable of. Like roosy said in '03 I am just in awe of them.

punter257
24th September 2005, 03:50 AM
i just cant describe whats going on through my head at the moment - i am so keen for tomorrow its not funny but its only been in the past day where i've thought "what if we lose"

i just dont know how i would cope and especially being in WC territory is really ********ed up. all i have heard today is how good WC's midfield is so i just hope that our boys in the guts are ready

i'm still confident that we're going to do the job and get up but please dont give me heart failure!

stellation
24th September 2005, 07:35 AM
I feel ill.

Bron
24th September 2005, 07:41 AM
I'm a mass of nerves. Going to the SWANS GF Breakfast - how awesome will that be! Will I pass out with delirium! At this stage there's a very good chance.

Norris Lurker
24th September 2005, 08:23 AM
The morning has arrived.
I'm a bit concerned - my tipping form has been absolutely dreadful this year, and all my instincts about tipping winners have let me down badly all season. And yet I've got a really good vibe about today's result. Hopefully for once I'm right.

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 03:36 PM
How do I feel?

I feel like I'm about to throw up right now.

ugg
24th September 2005, 07:22 PM
I FEEL ********ING FANTASTIC!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SWANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game! What a season! What a team! I'm crying and smiling at the same time.

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 07:24 PM
Been crying for half the freaking day - right now I feel unbelievable and I'm off to get drunk (which for me has never happened in my life) :)

tantrum
24th September 2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ugg
I FEEL ********ING FANTASTIC!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SWANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game! What a season! What a team! I'm crying and smiling at the same time.

Absolutely you bloody ripper fantasitc DITTO to this.

sprite
24th September 2005, 09:24 PM
At last......

Thank you

swansrule100
24th September 2005, 11:16 PM
what a win

satchmopugdog
24th September 2005, 11:53 PM
My voice has gone completely.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 11:59 PM
How do I feel? Got a headache that might have something to do with the drinking I've been doing tonight. :D

Bleed Red Blood
25th September 2005, 12:12 AM
Tired..Forgot to sleep last night..Have to be up early tommorow for Albert Park - Who's with me?
Hungry..Forgot to eat today.

punter257
25th September 2005, 05:05 AM
pretty ********ing good
next time i see leo barry i'm giving him a hug
mark my words :p

plus buchanan as well, he deserves one

BonBon
25th September 2005, 04:36 PM
After we'd beaten St Kilda and we found out we were playing WCE, I was confident. I was so nervous and felt sick come 3 qtr time! When we were ahead by 1 point (final term), I thought we'd stick at that score and win. People around the Cheer Squad were saying "5mins to go," then "3mins," then "1min," then "30secs," then "1min 40secs," then "20secs," and argh - it was so sickening. Especially when the ball kept inside WCE 50. I was just hoping that they'd not take a mark. A very big thanks to Leo Barry for taking that wonderful, game-saving mark.