PDA

View Full Version : We Are The Premiers!!!!!!!

Schneidergirl
24th September 2005, 06:21 PM
OH MY GOD.... WE WON WE WON WE WON!!!!!!

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS

mpr104
24th September 2005, 06:22 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!:D

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 06:23 PM
I'll close my thread - damn right losing streak no more.

2005 Premiers - love that ring to it.

Damn I've been emotional all day but right now I'm proudly bawling my eyes out :)

First time ever I have come at the end of a match saying thank bloody God for Leo.

shayne
24th September 2005, 06:24 PM
I had to watch the game with ten weagles fans including my fiancee I'm so happy at the moment I think fossy should get norm smith!

Schneidergirl
24th September 2005, 06:26 PM
I can not wait until I can see that Leo mark!!!!!

I LOVE YOU SWANS..... YOU HAVE GIVEN US SOMETHING THAT TOOK 72 YEARS.... BUT GOD DAMN IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 06:26 PM
Judd was given the NS medal - no surprise there :o

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 06:27 PM
Farewell Bally for a great career - who wants to make a bet Willo will retire now - finally got that medal!

Legs Akimbo
24th September 2005, 06:43 PM
I still can't quite believe it. I am destined to watch that game more than Star Wars.

God I love this team!

Egan
24th September 2005, 06:46 PM
From Western Australian Eagles and Dockers supporter

Well Done on your efforts...

It is with these games the effort AFL puts into NSW comes to fruition, may the code grow with the agony I presently feel.

Please do not read into the 5% of arrogant hacks of Eagles supporters...they are not the true representative of the support base of our AFL teams.

I for one am one of the many, who would laud the way both teams went at it, and unfortunately there could only be one winner.

Congratulations Sydney, may the celebration be worth the glory for tonight and the off-season.

Bring on Season 2007!

A game that will go down in the history books...

mpr104
24th September 2005, 06:48 PM
I thought Buchy was stiff..

Glenn
24th September 2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks Egan, the Eagles can hold their heads high despite the loss...got 72 years of celebrating to make up for, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seeing Kel present the cup to Hall and Roos, must admit it brought more than one tear to my eyes

stellation
24th September 2005, 07:11 PM
HOOOJEWANNNABOOCHA!

port1978
24th September 2005, 07:12 PM
Well done Swannies!!!!! Enjoy your win....I'm just so glad you beat those bloody E-girls.....gonna be so good seeing all the miserable e-girl supporters all over the place after they were so bloody cocky all week! :D
And any swannies supporters who went over from Perth......enjoy your flights back to the West!!! ;)

ugg
24th September 2005, 07:15 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!@!@^!&*@!@@

Bleed Red Blood
24th September 2005, 07:17 PM
SYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY SYDNEYSYDNEY SYDNEY

"For the bloods"

The replays in 40 minutes!

ugg
24th September 2005, 07:19 PM
How sensational was that last mark by Leo? Leaping over 10 guys and coming down with it. I think they need to revise the Mark of the Year results and give it to him. He freaking marked the Premiership Cup!!! GO YOU SWANNIES!!!

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 07:26 PM
Watching the press conference now with Roosy and Hall :)

I love it Hally didn't hear the siren until a few seconds later because of the amount of noise around the ground.

ETA: Love Roosy - I think the only person who's more relieved more than we are right now is Lukey Ablett :)

At some stage I might give someone a spray - gotta love this press conference.

Egan
24th September 2005, 07:33 PM
I was one supporter that always thought it was 50/50 ball game.

And the end result was a 50/50 ball game.

tantrum
24th September 2005, 07:33 PM
What an amazing match to top off an amazing season. I cannot believe we have finally won. Amazing games by Fosdike and LRT. Buchanan in the last qtr... wow. And Leo's mark - fantastic! I loved Jude and Goodesy's play.

For me, watching on TV here in England, it was unbelievably stressful and exciting. Just wish I was there, but so good for the club, our players and especially the old supporters who have waited so long.

Please ship my DVD over quickly... I am going to watch this one a lot. Go Bloods! Go Swans! You ripper!

tantrum
24th September 2005, 07:37 PM
PS I gotta say I thought the umpiring was excellent, which amazes me since Goldspink was involved. Even the decisions I thought were wrong were perhaps justifiable in some way.

But anyway... Swannies, you bloody rippers!

Yuri H
24th September 2005, 07:38 PM
On a chilly deck of a chilly pub on the deserted fringe of San Francisco I got to watch the Swans win and break the 70+ year dry streak, the first season I got to watch and roo... uhhh, barrack (sorry, language barrier) for 'em -

what a great game, both sides played well. I look forward to next season, when I will watch it all from the very start.

Wow.

tantrum
24th September 2005, 07:41 PM
PS I think Fosdike should have got the Norm. He was big in the 4th, whereas Judd did his thing in the 1st. Amazing to think I'd be backing Fossy for the Norm Smith, but he has certainly come back strongly in the last part of 2005. Well done!

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 07:46 PM
What will you remember about today?

Barry Hall: The Final Siren :)

Bleed Red Blood
24th September 2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by tantrum
especially the old supporters who have waited so long.

I've been waiting for 72 years. Since before I was born!

********. Where to celebrate? Who's going to the family day tommorow?

The biggest winner was football today. Other than US of course.

Dave
24th September 2005, 07:55 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

YYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

ugg
24th September 2005, 08:00 PM
For those that want to relive those last 2 minutes or so:

http://tinyurl.com/c4ecc

Love the commentary: "Leo Barry you STAR!!!". What a great mark but also a minute before that, great attack on the ball to prevent Green from picking it up.

tantrum
24th September 2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, that attack from Leo a couple of minutes from the end was huge too.

ugg
24th September 2005, 08:01 PM
Edit: double post! go swannies!!

Snowy
24th September 2005, 08:09 PM
Thought Fosdike was the best, Buchanan great in the last 1/4, very courageous Leo. The overwhelming feeling is relief.

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 08:10 PM
I'm going to the SCG Family Day - that starts at 11.30am.

Fossie, Buch and LRT really stood up in the match today.

LittleSchneider
24th September 2005, 08:11 PM
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

I CANT BELIEVE IT.... I keep walking around saying to myself - we won we won. I dont know what to do with myself!!!!

LEO BARRY YOU ARE A STAR! JUDE BOLTON YOUR A LEGEND!!! BARRY HALL - CHAMPION!!!!!

START OF A DYNASTY - BRING ON 2006!! BACK TO BACK!

Legs Akimbo
24th September 2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by gossipcom
What will you remember about today?

Barry Hall: The Final Siren :)

Monty's goal which must have missed the post by millimetres, but which ultimately proved the winning goal.

Ablett's complete no-brainer which could have cost us everthying but then seeing his teammates rush to him and pat him on the back to keep him going -that's what this team is made of.

Leo's amazing mark in the final seconds to deny the West Coasters of their final chance to steal the game. An instant
classic.

ohhh. and Michael O'laughlin marking everything in sight and getting the yips - I thought I was about to see a tragedy unfolding.

This final series has been sinply amazing.

Glenn
24th September 2005, 08:28 PM
I must admit to letting out a few expletives when NOG comitted football suicide, somehow the Swans dug deep and got the lead back and hung on like there life depended on it.
And as for Leo and that mark, was waiting for Goldy to find a free for the Weagles out of it ;)

Legs Akimbo
24th September 2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
I must admit to letting out a few expletives when NOG comitted football suicide, somehow the Swans dug deep and got the lead back and hung on like there life depended on it.
An as for Leo and that mark, was waiting for Goldy to find a free for the Weagles out of it ;)

Yeah, I got up and left he room, vowing not to return...but was back in a couple of seconds.

bay_4
24th September 2005, 08:59 PM
That is just amazing.

Here on the other side of the world I shed a few tears in the Walkabout Pub, Covent Garden, London, after Leo's amazing grab. The Swans have given us some nervous moments over the years but nothing like that last quarter.

I am just over the moon, and can't believe it's really happened.

The Sydney Swans are the 2005 Premiers!

You @@@@en ripper!

juliec
24th September 2005, 09:03 PM
How brave were you Sydney players today, and yes what about Leo's mark, my heart was in my mouth, I thought if they take a mark now, all our hardwork was for nothing, but in popped Leo, I hope they give him Mark of the Year, Blighty said on TV today if one happened today in the Grand Final they would change their earlier pick ,Kirky's mark not long before it was a saver for us also.

Never really thought when I picked my Signature it would really happen:D :D :D

GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SSYYYYYYYYYYDDDDDDNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY

ugg
24th September 2005, 09:08 PM
304 pictures (http://tinyurl.com/afgev) to look through.

Schneidergirl
24th September 2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by tantrum
PS I think Fosdike should have got the Norm. He was big in the 4th, whereas Judd did his thing in the 1st. Amazing to think I'd be backing Fossy for the Norm Smith, but he has certainly come back strongly in the last part of 2005. Well done!

I was listening to 3AW and they read out the Norm Smith votes... Fossy was right behind Judd in the count!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! I'M IN ABSOLUTE SHOCK.... IT ALL FEELS LIKE A DREAM!
:D :D :D

PS. For some excellent photos get on to getyt images... they have some fantastic shots!

sprite
24th September 2005, 09:12 PM
40 odd years at last .....

I'm rapt, I thought I wouldn't last..

My grandson.. gets it first go....

I'm gonna cry again and again...

sprite

ugg
24th September 2005, 09:13 PM
Anyone else had a tear in the eye when Kell hugged Roosy before he handed the premiership cup over? Stirring stuff. :)

Glenn
24th September 2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Anyone else had a tear in the eye when Kell hugged Roosy before he handed the premiership cup over? Stirring stuff. :)

Yep :o

cossie
24th September 2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ugg
304 pictures (http://tinyurl.com/afgev) to look through.

Some fantastic shots in there

ugg
24th September 2005, 09:49 PM
Check out the front page of www.smh.com.au

Superb pic of Leo grabbing that mark. Looks like Seaby would have grabbed it if he wasn't there.

Dave
24th September 2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Check out the front page of www.smh.com.au

Superb pic of Leo grabbing that mark. Looks like Seaby would have grabbed it if he wasn't there.

Have saved it. It has an almost religous quality to it.;)

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS PEOPLE!!!!!

dimelb
24th September 2005, 10:09 PM
Wonderful picture - and is that LRT taking out two Eagles? What a great game he had - and what a prospect for the future.

gossipcom
24th September 2005, 10:48 PM
Fossie came 2nd in the NS Medal count with 6 (Judd had 11).

FredFlintstone
25th September 2005, 12:08 AM
YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:D

Slick Swans
25th September 2005, 12:20 AM
Congratulations everybody, easily the best GF i've ever seen. Great team effort by the boys, still can't believe it!! The most important part of my sig came true.

dann
25th September 2005, 12:32 AM
Amazing pics @ Getty. Thanks a bunch!!

http://www.scg.org.au/news/Swans_gf_celebrations250905.htm

Just a reminder - see the team @ the SCG from 11:30am tommorrow.

swansrule100
25th September 2005, 01:33 AM
is magic gonna retire?

punter257
25th September 2005, 05:01 AM
easily the best day of my life
when that siren went i have never felt so much happiness

******** yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm gonna love summer giving to the weagles
especially after that QF rort over here

revenge is sweet and justice has been served by the footy gods

and whilst on the topic of God, i'd like to thank him for giving me a premiership in my lifetime - i just wanted one minimum to experience the thrills and boy was it worth it!!!!!!!!!