PDA

View Full Version : No Fox Footy cup on TV

Reggi
28th January 2003, 08:25 PM
Have recieved the Feb Foxtel guide this month.

NO telecast of the Syd vs Ess.

You all know what this means.

Match reports

and plenty of em

Please!

:D

Ajn
29th January 2003, 07:05 PM
Surely it's an error, as it was supposed to be the annual Foxfooty Cup that they are playing for.

robbieando
29th January 2003, 07:52 PM
Nope Foxtel only showed last years game because it needed to test out its formats before the Wizard Cup started. Not needed this year. Fox Footy should show Practice Matches

Dpw
29th January 2003, 08:58 PM
It's a bloody shame would love to have a seen the game.
I thought showing practice matches would be a great idea but I guess the unusaul venues would make it diffcult to broadcast from.

liz
29th January 2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Dpw
It's a bloody shame would love to have a seen the game.
I thought showing practice matches would be a great idea but I guess the unusaul venues would make it diffcult to broadcast from.

Agree it might be difficult for some grounds, but Northern Spirit games are regularly telecast from NSO, and I daresay the odd Shield game each year as well. Shouldn't really be an obstacle.

Norris Lurker
29th January 2003, 09:39 PM
NSL games are no longer televised, but club rugby during the winter is. The media facilities are there.
It's a bugger they're not showing it. I'll be at the game, but Fox Footy urgently need some new material. The replays of selected games last year are getting rather repetitive by now.

Charlie
30th January 2003, 08:07 AM
So much for the FOX FOOTY CUP!!!! Damn.... what's the point of calling it that if they aren't going to televise it???

Destructive
30th January 2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
NSL games are no longer televised, but club rugby during the winter is. The media facilities are there.
It's a bugger they're not showing it. I'll be at the game, but Fox Footy urgently need some new material. The replays of selected games last year are getting rather repetitive by now.

I think the Syd - Ess game would rate higher than any NSL game. They have really shot themselves in the foot with this.

robbieando
30th January 2003, 09:37 AM
It would be difficult to show Practice Matches later in the pre season because the AFL don't release the weeks draw until the Monday so to set up a game for TV in just under a week would be hard to do. But there is no reason why they can't show the NSO match and even others, they have had a few months to plan that out.

snajik
30th January 2003, 10:56 AM
Is that official Robbie?" It's not uncommon for the Foxtel guide to be incorrect as it's printed well in advance. Has Foxtel stated that it won't be shown?

Ajn
31st January 2003, 06:30 PM
Well that's the need for foxfooty off the list!

Ajn
3rd February 2003, 11:15 PM
Perhaps we need to start an email war on fox footy to televise the match! Gather the masses and revolt, they've changed their programing before and will do again if hassled.