PDA

View Full Version : Potential Recruit?

Lucky Knickers
13th October 2005, 10:06 AM
From the AGE today

Gutted Hawk looks for a club: STEVEN Greene paid his last visit to Glenferrie Oval three days ago

" With Daniel Chick and Daniel Harford alongside him in the Hawks' midfield Greene's then 70-kilometre frame did not seem to hamper him"

I'd certainly like to see him bolster our small defence ;)

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/gutted-hawk-looks-for-a-club/2005/10/12/1128796588299.html

I would have thought that 70km would be a bit hampering (wonder if it's wide rather than tall???)

sharp9
13th October 2005, 10:32 AM
He's six foot tall and 80 kg and should be picked. is amuch, much better player than Spriggs or Brett Johns for example.

Has seemed a wrong fit at Hawthorn for 3 years, two match winning performances in finals as a 19 year old....then still backing it up qith quality effort at VFL despite not getting the opportunities afforded other (more modest) talents at Hawthorn, like Ladson and Ries. Kept his chin up etc, won B & F for Box Hill.

Was mentored by Shane Crawford. I would pick him late

Jeffers1984
13th October 2005, 10:34 AM
I still think a need for talls would be in Roos's agenda. I assume we will pick up all talls with our draft picks and maybe 1 or 2 in the rookie draft.

giant
13th October 2005, 10:42 AM
Staggering to recall that the Hawks were a kick away from the GF just 4 years ago.

It can all go horribly wrong really damn quickly.

Snowy
13th October 2005, 12:05 PM
He struggles to hit a target but has a big motor.

OldE
13th October 2005, 12:09 PM
Could help our BOTY prospects, too.

Ruck'n'Roll
13th October 2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
I still think a need for talls would be in Roos's agenda. I assume we will pick up all talls with our draft picks and maybe 1 or 2 in the rookie draft. Perhaps Carl Norman? No stress on the salary cap we could pay in pharmaceuticals.:eek:

Snowy
13th October 2005, 01:08 PM
Karl Norman is bad news on and off the field.

goswannie14
14th October 2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ruckman
Perhaps Carl Norman? No stress on the salary cap we could pay in pharmaceuticals.:eek:
See what having anything to do with Carlton can do to you;)

Charlie
14th October 2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by giant
Staggering to recall that the Hawks were a kick away from the GF just 4 years ago.

It can all go horribly wrong really damn quickly.

They had a good first eight rounds, were poor in the next fourteen, scraped into the finals and then played well in September.

2001 is deceptive. They've done nothing of any note for more than a decade.

Jeffers1984
14th October 2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Charlie
They had a good first eight rounds, were poor in the next fourteen, scraped into the finals and then played well in September.

2001 is deceptive. They've done nothing of any note for more than a decade.

I remember the EF against Hawthron that year. ROK had an absolute blistering start to the match and got the first goal. Two minutes or so after that, he goes down with a knee and it all went down hill for us from there.

Xie Shan
14th October 2005, 11:26 AM
Those were the (bad) old days - IIRC Kel tore his hamstring in the second quarter of that game too. We just couldn't take a trick in finals back then!

Charlie
14th October 2005, 11:33 AM
Not to mention Frosty missing a match for the first time in his best season by far, and I think Kirky started well but went off injured?

Sanecow
14th October 2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by eirinn
Could help our BOTY prospects, too.

More important even than the Grand Final sprint.