PDA

View Full Version : Swans to query umps on BBBB

SWANSBEST
18th May 2003, 08:57 PM
Opposition players consistently infringe BBBB and the umps rarely award a free kick. It is a good move to question the yellow maggots.

Swans to query umps on Hall
5:43:04 PM Sun 18 May, 2003
Karen Collins
afl.com.au

Despite their good form, the Sydney Swans continue to be puzzled by the lack of free kicks awarded to star forward, Barry Hall.

Last Friday senior coach Paul Roos sent a video to AFL umpires coach Rowan Sawers for ?clarification about a couple different things? on why Hall seems unable to win a free kick at present.

The issue will come to a head this week when Roos expects to ?touch base? with Sawers.

?It is something I have addressed with Rowan Sawers,? Roos said.

?We actually sent a tape in last week of Hally. I am not going to comment on the umpiring but we certainly have some issues that I will speak to Jeff Gieschen (Director of Umpiring) and Rowan.

?I think Hally and the way he is conducting himself has been absolutely outstanding, and it is a real credit to him that he keeps on going with the ball and keeps on presenting himself and keeps on getting in front. I think it has just been fantastic."

Roos acknowledged that, like Tony Lockett, Hall may be a victim of his reputation.

?It is really hard to comment on the umpires. Everyone is fully aware of the rules. As I said, I can not speak highly enough of Barry and the way he is going about is football it has just been fantastic.?

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=92908

red_avengers
18th May 2003, 09:38 PM
Good on Roos. What ever happens to holding the ball today?. BTW I think Hall play a much better game today not dropping marks for a change.

j s
19th May 2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by SWANSBEST
the yellow maggots.
otherwise known as the "whistling canaries"