PDA

View Full Version : Grand final win shows a mission accomplished

ScottH
20th October 2005, 09:21 AM
Grand final win shows a mission accomplished (http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/19/1129401316306.html)
Aylett said the VFL always believed Sydney would be a success.

goswannie14
20th October 2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
Grand final win shows a mission accomplished (http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/19/1129401316306.html)

I think in view of the national competition Sydney premiership is a mission accomplished in itself. However, as a long time Swans supporter, continued success at the highest level (read...premiership) is the only sign that the Mission is accomplished once and for all..

Go Swans...let's make it back to back...that will really be "mission accomplished".:D

Dave
20th October 2005, 10:32 AM
From realfooty:

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/19/1129401316297.html

The former president of the VFL, who oversaw the expansion of the league from Victoria into Sydney, believed all 16 AFL clubs were in a position to go confidently into the future but said a greater presence was needed in the south-east of Queensland.

I think SE QLD needs to be pushed quickly. There is a huge market up there and the NRL have already lined up a new team to be based there.

It would be quite easy for the Lions to play some home games down there you would think.

Refried Noodle
20th October 2005, 12:15 PM
Aylett"Well I reckon the 1000th step took place on grand final day because there is now a premiership flag flying in every capital city."

Except THE capital city!:mad:

Sanecow
20th October 2005, 12:26 PM
Hobart and Darwin are loving theirs too.

timthefish
20th October 2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Refried Noodle
Aylett"Well I reckon the 1000th step took place on grand final day because there is now a premiership flag flying in every capital city."

ie melbourne AND geelong

Chubby Muffler
20th October 2005, 06:57 PM
Maybe he meant major Capital cities?

ROK Lobster
20th October 2005, 09:24 PM

Spot on Noodle.

goswannie14
21st October 2005, 01:41 PM

I think they have almost missed the boat on that one. But I believe there is still time...unfortunately, while Demetriou is still at the helm it won't happen. How do we go about organising a coup???:cool:

BeeEmmAre
22nd October 2005, 10:41 PM

Considering North Melbourne is the team there -----

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!!

goswannie14
22nd October 2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
Considering North Melbourne is the team there -----

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!!
I forgot that the grand supremo also played for Nth Melb...so hell would have to be even colder than that.:p