PDA

View Full Version : email from the club - Ron Barassi Tribute Dinner

desredandwhite
29th January 2003, 09:50 AM
YOUR INVITATION TO HONOUR A LEGEND

Having played his first senior game for Melbourne in 1953 at the age of seventeen, Ronald Dale Barassi has gone on to become arguably the greatest name in AFL today. In an outstanding career, Ron has been involved in no fewer than 17 AFL Grand Finals for 10 Premierships. A record that is second to none. Ron played over 250 games and coached twice that amount. As a player and coach for Melbourne and Carlton and coach for North Melbourne and our own Sydney Swans, he has had an influence on most of the games greatest players since the early 1950's.

Now Ron has reached another milestone. At the end of the 2002 AFL Season, Ron Barassi's involvement with AFL passed the 50 year mark. To celebrate Ron's achievements, a tribute dinner will be held in his honour at what is expected to be the biggest social event in AFL history.

On Saturday 15th of February 2003, Telstra Dome (Melbourne) will be transformed into a giant cabaret style venue, with dining for up to 5,000 guests. The evening will feature top class performances from some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry, as well as high profile speakers from Australia and overseas.

Tribute Dinner
v Three course meal & drinks
v Fabulous Entertainment
v Top Class Speakers
v Video Highlights

February 15th 2003
Telstra Dome
6:00pm to 12:30am

Corporate Tables of 10
$2750.00 gst included

General Sales
$140.00 per head gst included

All profits to Legacy

For bookings or enquiries phone 03 8625 7444

RACEDAY AT ROSEHILL GARDENS REMINDER
A reminder to all Members about the fantastic Raceday at Rosehill Gardens this Saturday, 1st February.

You?ll get to rub shoulders with the players in a specially designated ?Swans arena? while watching the QBE Sydney Swans Satellite Stakes, Paul Roos Handicap, Michael O?Loughlin/Adam Goodes Handicap and of course the Daryn Cresswell/Jared Crouch ?108? Stakes.

That specific race is named in honour of the achievement of both Crouch and Cresswell holding the record of 108 consecutive games for the Swans.

Members will need to show their 2002 Membership Card to gain FREE entry. It will be a great informal opportunity to mix with Swans players before the 2003 Season commences.

If you cannot locate your 2002 Membership card or your are a New Member in 2003, please contact the Swans Membership Department by phoning 02 9339 9130 or email [email protected] to obtain a 2002 Membership Card. These will be mailed until Wednesday 29th January. Following this you can arrange to collect a card from our Administration Office at the SCG by calling the above number by Friday 31st January.

OPTUS OFFER FOR SWANS MEMBERS
Good news. As a Sydney Swans Member, we'd like you to know that you can enjoy a great deal on dial-up Internet as well as on all your local and long distance calls.

Which means you can enjoy:

* Your first 100 local calls FREE every month
* Unlimited Internet hours*
* 15c local calls
* Optus FreeTime on your long distance calls 24/7
* Phone line rental included

All for just $54.85 a month.

Click here to switch online now and enjoy $20# credit on your first bill.
http://www1.optusnet.com.au/offers/phoneandnet/index.html?tas=htmlswans

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms and Conditions
# $20 long distance credit voucher only available to new Optus Long Distance customers
* 350MB download limit per month applies. A 20 minute idle time-out and a five hour session limit applies.

To view the full Optus Choices Phone & Net package terms and conditions click here.
http://optusnet.ccgxm.com.au/terms_and_conditions2ns.htm

jude_boltons_babe
29th January 2003, 12:39 PM
i would love to go to the dinner but its in melbourne

Norris Lurker
29th January 2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i would love to go to the dinner but its in melbourne Very expensive too. But for those wealthy enough to make it, it should be a good night.
Maybe if I get a big win at the races on Saturday......

Diego
30th January 2003, 01:05 AM
Yes I'll have three tickets please.. :o

No really I would love to celebrate the night honouring such a legend of the game.

Just having him at the swans makes me gasp..absolute legend Ronald Dale Barassi! :) :)

jude_boltons_babe
30th January 2003, 10:47 AM
i wish i could be there

30th January 2003, 02:49 PM
Ron Barrassi? He's tops. I hope he has a wonderful night. Hope he doesn't feel sick the next day. What a great guy.

Cheer Cheer
30th January 2003, 03:28 PM
Ron Barrassi - True legend
If I can come up with that sort of disposable income, I will be there for sure, its being held in my city, so travel is not a problem.
Really , words cannot describe ron and how much of a part ron has played in our great game - in all aspects.

Grant
30th January 2003, 04:02 PM
From email to Des-OPTUS OFFER FOR SWANS MEMBERS
Good news. As a Sydney Swans Member, we'd like you to know that you can enjoy a great deal on dial-up Internet as well as on all your local and long distance calls.

Which means you can enjoy:

* Your first 100 local calls FREE every month
* Unlimited Internet hours*
* 15c local calls
* Optus FreeTime on your long distance calls 24/7
* Phone line rental included

All for just $54.85 a month.

Click here to switch online now and enjoy $20# credit on your first bill.
http://www1.optusnet.com.au/offers/...l?tas=htmlswans

They make out like they are doing swans members a great deal when in fact that is their deal at the moment anyway,and you have to be in an Optus cabled area in the first place.

What a joke,who would want to work for them anyway;)