PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes for 2006

Doctor
27th November 2005, 12:22 AM
I don't see any comment about this today, probably on account of the draft. Any comments? Largely they all seem positive to me. The "Lloyd Rule" in particular is a great idea, as long as it is enforced. Other rule changes, or ajustments, seem pretty good too.

jermaink
27th November 2005, 12:52 AM
I'm wondering how they'll enforce the 'more stringent' OOBOTF rule. If you kick the ball towards the boundary line, but actually gain 50 m or so towards your goal (without kicking from the centre of the ground towards the side), then I reckon it's still a legitimate kick.

goswannie14
27th November 2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Doctor
I don't see any comment about this today, probably on account of the draft. Any comments? Largely they all seem positive to me. The "Lloyd Rule" in particular is a great idea, as long as it is enforced. Other rule changes, or ajustments, seem pretty good too. Try here, there's a few comments here about it

http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12860

floppinab
8th December 2005, 09:06 PM
Just got a formal copy of the new rule amendments a few days ago.

There's been a lot of comments about the kick in rule but what about these :

"A free kick will not be awarded where the foot ball has been kicked and after the field umpire has heard the siren, lands out of bounds on the full."

This is interesting in that it is in contrast to the score after the siren rule where as long as the kick has occured prior to the siren being heard by the umpie, the score counts. Whereas in this case if the ball is in flight when the umpie hears the siren and then lands OOBOTF, then no free.

And this :

"?14.6 Field Umpire cancels Mark.

(a) Where a field umpire is of the opinion that he or she has incorrectly blown the whistle to award a mark that was not subsequently completed, he or she may cancel the decision and call play on.

(b) If the player retains possession of the football, and the player is correctly tackled by an opponent, the field umpire shall throw the football up in accordance with Law 11.3.2 provided he or she is satisfied that the player could not reasonably have disposed of the football.?

Can't see that one being used too much.