PDA

View Full Version : Training Reports?

Sanecow
27th January 2006, 04:43 PM
Other clubs' messageboards have fans (coughstalkerscough) who go along to training sessions and report back on pre-season developments such as hairdos, injuries and steroid-based physique improvements. Does anyone here go to Swans training? Do they have open training sessions? What is up with you people?

katie-scarlett
27th January 2006, 04:46 PM
They do they do.
I haven't been yet this year though but if I go, i'll make sure to report on who has the most drastic hairstyle change & who tanned up the most whilst in Hawaii.

Ryan Bomford
27th January 2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Other clubs' messageboards have fans (coughstalkerscough) who go along to training sessions and report back on pre-season developments such as hairdos, injuries and steroid-based physique improvements. Does anyone here go to Swans training? Do they have open training sessions? What is up with you people?

You mean to say they're back to training? Last time I heard Roosy said they were still enjoying the 'glow' of the victory.

Bas
27th January 2006, 04:50 PM
What is up with you people?

I'd go but the lumbago, leaky prostate, involuntary flatulance and dribbling when I get excited prevent me from doing so.

I get away with it at games because I sneak into the Cheer squad!

Lucky Knickers
27th January 2006, 04:57 PM
I've heard everyone is cutting their tongues out for 2006.
The team will be shaving both before and after each game.
Only the silver surfer pumas will be worn (no red and white or black).

ScottH
27th January 2006, 05:33 PM
Other clubs' messageboards have fans (coughstalkerscough) who go along to training sessions and report back on pre-season developments such as hairdos, injuries and steroid-based physique improvements. Does anyone here go to Swans training? Do they have open training sessions? What is up with you people? Get off your fat lazy arse.

Sanecow
27th January 2006, 05:35 PM
I was referring specifically to those people without the burden of children and not suffering from the tyranny of distance.

stellation
27th January 2006, 06:06 PM
Does anyone here go to Swans training?
Yes

Do they have open training sessions?
Yes

What is up with you people?
I think I have a problem with my wisdom teeth. They came through a couple of years ago (top jaw), they don't cause any pain but I think there is just a little too little room for them as I have started noticing some bunching. I'll get along to a dentist and see what they can do.

goswannie14
27th January 2006, 08:44 PM
I didn'y know you could get reported at training...has anyone told Bazza;)

Sanecow
29th January 2006, 01:01 AM
Ho ho ho. So many comediennes.

goswannie14
29th January 2006, 09:26 AM
Ho ho ho. So many comediennes. comedians.....thank you:mad:

cruiser
29th January 2006, 09:47 AM
Other clubs' messageboards have fans (coughstalkerscough) who go along to training sessions and report back on pre-season developments such as hairdos, injuries and steroid-based physique improvements. Does anyone here go to Swans training? Do they have open training sessions? What is up with you people? Havent you been paying attention Cow? We're not real AFL supporters here in Sydney. Although we're good at discussing hairdos - I feel a poll coming on.

Ho ho ho. So many comediennes. Merci.

goswannie14
29th January 2006, 10:02 AM
Other clubs' messageboards have fans (coughstalkerscough) who go along to training sessions and report back on pre-season developments such as hairdos, injuries and steroid-based physique improvements. Does anyone here go to Swans training? Do they have open training sessions? What is up with you people? I've got as much chance getting there as you have cow...so what's your latest report???

Mine is...I haven't got there yet.:o

Beano
30th January 2006, 11:14 AM
So it's a no to the original question???

I believe the swans have been in close contact with a close friend of mine over here in Ireland. Might be Irishman number 2 for ye???

Sanecow
30th January 2006, 11:42 AM
Clashoftheash, is that you?

Mel
30th January 2006, 11:53 AM
I see them at Moore Park every second morning or so, but only from a distance and briefly as I zoom by. Not close enough to study their haircuts and other important changes though. Sorry.

goswannie14
30th January 2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mel
I see them at Moore Park every second morning or so, but only from a distance and briefly as I zoom by. Not close enough to study their haircuts and other important changes though. Sorry. You'll have to leave 5 minutes earlier so that you can at least stop and have a look.;)

katie-scarlett
31st January 2006, 01:53 AM
for those who have stalker instinct and want to act on them-
next week is obviously Wollongong but these week's opens are
Wednesday 9 oclock & Friday 10 oclock.

Bunyip
31st January 2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Mel
I see them at Moore Park every second morning or so, but only from a distance and briefly as I zoom by. Not close enough to study their haircuts and other important changes though. Sorry.

I do too, and I've been meaning to stop for a 5-minute gawk...I'll get onto to it and report back.

would anyone like me to pass on (shout out) any messages?;)

ScottH
31st January 2006, 01:35 PM
I see the Tiges as I drive by Punt Rd Oval, will that do?

Sanecow
31st January 2006, 01:36 PM
Just report on their jumper numbers and it'll probably do.

Mel
1st February 2006, 10:10 AM
Training report:

The boys were training this morning.

End report.

satchmopugdog
1st February 2006, 10:19 AM
Well that was a bit different to the reports on Saintsational and the Collingwood board. They just about tell you what the players had for breakfast.

No wonder some of the players like to get up to Sydney away from the gawkers.

Thanks for your report though Mel....at least we know there is something sort of footbally going on.

Mel
1st February 2006, 10:28 AM
I can further tell you that they were divided into two groups. A large group jogging North and a smaller group doing stretches. See I'm just a wealth information :D

Seriously, I would love to stop and watch the guys, it would beat being at work - but my boss wouldn't be too happy about that. I'm pretty sure I'd feel stalker-ish and a bit of a loser too, especially this far out from the season - no offence intended to those that do go and watch them train. My player obsession ended at least six years ago.

NMWBloods
1st February 2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Mel
Training report:

End report.
Yep - that's about it. What else is there to say!

ScottH
1st February 2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Mel
Training report:

End report. Were there girls there scratching each others eyes out in the car park?

Sanecow
1st February 2006, 12:53 PM
Is Doyle moving around unassisted?

satchmopugdog
1st February 2006, 03:01 PM
Does anyone recognise Matthew Davis yet?

Lucky Knickers
1st February 2006, 03:49 PM
I'd just like to report that my Guernsey is a little tight and I am on the Nick Davis diet before the comp starts.

Sanecow
1st February 2006, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the Nick Davis diet will make your Guernsey more snug.

goswannie14
1st February 2006, 05:04 PM
Depends on which year of the diet you try doesn't it? The pre 2005 one would work, but not the earlier KFC diets.:eek:

Beano
1st February 2006, 09:42 PM
Is no-one interested in the Irish Rookie the swans have contacted over here:confused:

NMWBloods
1st February 2006, 09:44 PM
No.

Beano
1st February 2006, 09:46 PM
Sussinct!!!
Dont be snappy, I was only trying to share some info on a possibly new player. Trying to make a contribution:)

NMWBloods
1st February 2006, 10:14 PM
Go on then - tell us. :)

Beano
1st February 2006, 10:20 PM
Cheers NSW.
It not much, There is a friend of mine, a county u21 star, and the swans and the magpies have both sent letters to him about recruiting him. The lions have also been in touch and he was at he pies training camp over here before Christmas but wa injured so couldnt take part.. He says if it follows on, he will be away in a shot to give it a go, especially if it was the swans.

dimelb
1st February 2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Knickers
I'd just like to report that my Guernsey is a little tight and I am on the Nick Davis diet before the comp starts.
And what has your Guernsey been drinking?

katie-scarlett
2nd February 2006, 01:57 AM
diet coke or coke zero?

& wooo for new irish blood!

Reggi
2nd February 2006, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by satchmopugdog
Well that was a bit different to the reports on Saintsational and the Collingwood board. They just about tell you what the players had for breakfast.

Yes, I thought there was close to full employment in Australia. Went toOlympic park sports medicene the other week, there they were Collingwood supporters outwatching the train.

Leon Davis is still fat

Lucky Knickers
2nd February 2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by dimelb
And what has your Guernsey been drinking?

Crown Lagers. My Crown Lager hat tho' didn't make it past Christmas.

j s
2nd February 2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Reggi
Yes, I thought there was close to full employment in Australia.
That's fiction obtained by fudging the figures. IIRC correctly even one hour of casual work per week takes you off the "unemployed" list - though fortunately not (yet) off Newstart.

I think their next plan is that time spent in Centrelink queues will count as work time and then no-one at all will be "unemployed".

satchmopugdog
2nd February 2006, 03:20 PM
Beano...you need to keep us updated with his training in this thread. How is he coping with the oval ball.what hairstyle he's looking at for the new season, is he working on his tan(joke).

Cheers The Dog Lady

Beano
2nd February 2006, 07:45 PM
lol Satch
He is still over here, swans have jsut been in constant contact about getting him to go over some time in the next few months I suppose till they get a look at him. I'll put up some pics over the weekend.

Nico
2nd February 2006, 08:03 PM
Now for some serious injury reporting.

Appears the opposition are going down like flies already.

Steve Johnson from the pussies looks like he is out for some time, Solomon from the Sdons had a knee clean up and the "old" annual Brad Ottens saga is on again.

Apparently a few others who don't readily come to mind.

Ryan Bomford
2nd February 2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Now for some serious injury reporting.

Appears the opposition are going down like flies already.

But, in time, we will have our fair share of bad news as well.

Xie Shan
2nd February 2006, 09:32 PM
Is Doyle moving around unassisted?

I'm much too far away to attend training, even further than you, but my source back in Sydney has just answered this question in the affirmative. And no, they aren't a stalker, either. ;)

OldE
2nd February 2006, 10:02 PM
Did somebody call his mum this week? :p

katie-scarlett
3rd February 2006, 02:43 PM
boys trained today.
the poor little ones were out till about 12 30, wasn't expecting them to still be out when i got to FOX.

satchmopugdog
3rd February 2006, 04:25 PM
Does that mean they were out on the turps until 12.30a.m. or on the training track unyil 12.30p.m?

katie-scarlett
3rd February 2006, 07:06 PM
they got to the oval at about 10 apparently.
snrs stayed out till about 11:30, once again apparently.
but the little newbies stayed out til about 12:30.

they looked fresh & in good form.
very relaxed.