PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't aware

AussieAnge
28th January 2006, 03:36 PM
that the cheer squad were ever situated at the Paddington end of the SCG (below the MA Noble stand), even in 1998.
I was browsing through the renewal booklet the other day and on the penultimate page there is a picture of Kenny and his harem below the caption "Swans cheer squad 1998" (sic).

cruiser
28th January 2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
there is a picture of Kenny and his harem (sic). I'm convinced that they are his sisters ;)

ScottH
28th January 2006, 05:22 PM
They're the 1933 cheersquad.

Nico
28th January 2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
that the cheer squad were ever situated at the Paddington end of the SCG (below the MA Noble stand), even in 1998.
I was browsing through the renewal booklet the other day and on the penultimate page there is a picture of Kenny and his harem below the caption "Swans cheer squad 1998" (sic).

Gee Ange you sure fill in your time with exciting things.

Thunder Shaker
29th January 2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Nico
Gee Ange you sure fill in your time with exciting things.
What else is there to do? There's no footy!

woo
29th January 2006, 12:52 PM
you guys all realise we are the next generation of Kenny's..and his sisters of course!

Wardy
29th January 2006, 01:05 PM
one of them is the Kensters wife - she'd biff you if you said she was his sister (in fact she would biff anyone who looked sideways at her).

Tuesday
29th January 2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by woo
you guys all realise we are the next generation of Kenny's..and his sisters of course!

NEVER!
I will never be a Kenny, nor one of Kenny's cronies. Nor shall any of my winter family, for that matter. We have something called self-respect. :o

monopoly19
29th January 2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Tuesday
NEVER!
I will never be a Kenny, nor one of Kenny's cronies. Nor shall any of my winter family, for that matter. We have something called self-respect. :o

And yet "jig-whore" remains in my mind. :)

j s
30th January 2006, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by monopoly19
We shan't mention (yet) another embarrassing indiscretion on GF night.

OldE
30th January 2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by j s
We shan't mention (yet) another embarrassing indiscretion on GF night. [/B]

In both my own and Tuesday's defence (defences?), at least we have copious amounts of champagne to blame.

Tuesday
30th January 2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by j s
[QUOTE] We shan't mention (yet) another embarrassing indiscretion on GF night.

Yes, yes, yes, but in all fairness, I would not call it an indescretion though, for it was far more innocent than that. AND I had spent a good 24 hours too nervous to eat, and then we won and then there was all this champagne.... and you get the idea. :)

j s
31st January 2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tuesday
but in all fairness, I would not call it an indescretion though, for it was far more innocent than that.
faux pas then!

and then there was all this champagne
IIRC the champagne story is, in itself, worthy of further exposure.

OldE
31st January 2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by j s
IIRC the champagne story is, in itself, worthy of further exposure.

Indeed, JS. We were walking down Lygon Street on Grand Final Eve, when we spied in the window of a bottlo champagne bottles with the Swans logo and "2005 Premiers" written on them. We thought it was an omen, and proceeded to buy up the shop's whole supply. It was the worst champagne possible, but cracking it open on Saturday night was brilliant.

goswannie14
31st January 2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by eirinn
Indeed, JS. We were walking down Lygon Street on Grand Final Eve, when we spied in the window of a bottlo champagne bottles with the Swans logo and "2005 Premiers" written on them. We thought it was an omen, and proceeded to buy up the shop's whole supply. It was the worst champagne possible, but cracking it open on Saturday night was brilliant. Imagine what it would have been worth if we hadn't won:eek:

OldE
31st January 2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Imagine what it would have been worth if we hadn't won:eek:

From the quality of the champagne, no more than $0.25.