PDA

View Full Version : New members bumper stickers

Bunyip
31st January 2006, 01:37 PM
This is gonna sound trivial, but hey, given what else seems to be suitable discussion fodder here at the moment I'm not too worried;)

Anyway, about 3-4 weeks ago I proudly installed the two 2006 members bumper stickers on our two cars. I'm dissappointed to report that they have already faded quite noticably in that short space of time.

The 2005 members sticker was much tougher, in fact, it hardly seemed to change colour at all during the 12 months-or-so that it was on.

Anyone else noticed this with the new stickers?:frown

goswannie14
31st January 2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bunyip
This is gonna sound trivial, but hey, given what else seems to be suitable discussion fodder here at the moment I'm not too worried;)

Anyway, about 3-4 weeks ago I proudly installed the two 2006 members bumper stickers on our two cars. I'm dissappointed to report that they have already faded quite noticably in that short space of time.

The 2005 members sticker was much tougher, in fact, it hardly seemed to change colour at all during the 12 months-or-so that it was on.

Anyone else noticed this with the new stickers?:frown That's because you're not meant to put them on until the winter!!!;)

Bunyip
31st January 2006, 02:40 PM
D'oh!:eek:
*slaps himself for being too eager*

EyePods
31st January 2006, 03:04 PM
Most bumper/woindow stickers made by the afl are crap and don't last too long. The one i bought at the grand final only lasted a month before it faded to just white.

j s
31st January 2006, 04:20 PM
The one I applied years ago (5 or 6 years - with rounded QBE logo) is still as bright as ever.

goswannie14
31st January 2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by j s
The one I applied years ago (5 or 6 years - with rounded QBE logo) is still as bright as ever. My Premiers sticker still looks great on the back of the Carnival...no fading there...only the driver sometimes;)

jenky28
31st January 2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
My Premiers sticker still looks great on the back of the Carnival...no fading there...only the driver sometimes;)

What does the sticker look like? what does it say?

goswannie14
31st January 2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by jenky28
What does the sticker look like? what does it say? Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers...:D :cool:

goswannie14
19th February 2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
My Premiers sticker still looks great on the back of the Carnival...no fading there...only the driver sometimes;) I need to update this, the summer in Pucka is taking it's toll on the sticker, it is starting to roll up along the edges a little.:frown

ROK Lobster
23rd February 2006, 09:56 PM
Do the New Members' stickers say "Post Premiership Bandwagoner" or words to that effect? I think it is a great idea. I hope they have New Members' caps too - preferably with "Not a Real Fan", "Social Eventer", "Temporary Member - I'm here 'til the Wheels Fall Off" or "Did Paul Roos Ever Play?" embroidered on the back.

bloodboy
23rd February 2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Do the New Members' stickers say "Post Premiership Bandwagoner" or words to that effect? I think it is a great idea. I hope they have New Members' caps too - preferably with "Not a Real Fan", "Social Eventer", "Temporary Member - I'm here 'til the Wheels Fall Off" or "Did Paul Roos Ever Play?" embroidered on the back.

Hey c'mon now, embrace the new fans - after all they will ensure the club has continued success in to the future - both in a financial and hopefully performance sense. I don't mind the club taking these peoples money (just as long as they are not really annoying and sit next to me at a game asking what is happening every two seconds). Maybe we should give them their own stand at the grounds...we can call it the "Does Plugger still play" Stand!

ROK Lobster
23rd February 2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bloodboy
Maybe we should give them their own stand at the grounds...we can call it the "Does Plugger still play" Stand! Bloody good idea. "Don't clap!" signs can drop from the ceiling when a behind is kicked.

Bunyip
24th February 2006, 01:44 PM

Not this crap again, I though we finished with this in October last year?

ROK Lobster
24th February 2006, 07:39 PM
WHat's so great about the west bunny?

ROK Lobster
29th March 2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Bunyip

Anyone else noticed this with the new stickers?:frown

Originally posted by letter accompanying 2006 membership card

WELCOME TO SEASON 2006
Please refer to the below checklist to ensure this pack is complete.
Sydney Swans Membership Card
Sydney Aussie Rules Social Club Membership Card
Park n Ride Transpost Brochure
2006 Handy Wallet Fixture Card
Reissued UV resistant sticker sheet

Well done Bunyip, you saved us all from a mid season fade out.

goswannie14
29th March 2006, 10:15 PM
Bloody good idea. "Don't clap!" signs can drop from the ceiling when a behind is kicked. ...or the ball is forced out of bounds. Hold on, we need that at the Melbourne based teams games too.