PDA

View Full Version : im sick of two things in footy

penga
29th May 2003, 01:02 PM
1. milking a free kick, it is a joke and a hindrance on our game... i know people will say "what about cressa?" well id rather see that goal taken back than see what goes on in the league, its a disgrace... IMO, it should be a reportable offense with repeat offenders getting large penalties! ie leppitsch...

2. neitz vs hall... if bazza did half the aggressive stuff that neitz does he would never get a game... the firey b*stard gets away with a hell of a lot and yet bazza gets the rough end of the stick... another disgrace...

sharp9
4th June 2003, 09:04 AM
Absolutely. I would like to see the milking thing taken further....any player who helps the umpire to see an actual offence would receive a free kick against him.

Better still the ump would pay the free (ie for push in the back) and then make a throwing arms open gesture which indicates that the free is reversed for diving EVEN THOUGH THE UMPIRE IS AWARE THAT THERE WAS A FREE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So in that sense it is different from staging (when there is no actual offence)

Award a free kick against any player who falls over when they do not need to do so, regardless of whether they have just been infringed upon or not. That would set the cat among the pigeons.

As for Barry it is a disgrace, no question. The rule says that you may not grab a player or his jumper, that's why Mathews was penalised in a marking competition against Richmond....he had his arm around the player's waist. So why not Gasper? it's unbelievable.

It's the same for ruck contests..player form behind has his hand around the other's waist and then complains when he gets penalised. geez.

And another thing....players are not getting paid marks or frees when a defender is late to a contest and only hits the attackers arms or head with his spoil. This is meant to be a free kick. everyone knows it so why aren't they paying it? Weird.

Sid
10th June 2003, 02:52 PM
I actually disagree. Although its not something clean and wonderful about our game, i reckon it provides great humour and excitement. Its always a laugh watching cressa and maxfield piss the other players off.

It is a big part of the game history wise and i hope that it doesnt go away. Feel free to disagree.

Plugger46
10th June 2003, 08:47 PM
I think I'll feel free to disagree.

Ganjaman
12th June 2003, 02:42 PM
neitz vs hall... if bazza did half the aggressive stuff that neitz does he would never get a game... the firey b*stard gets away with a hell of a lot and yet bazza gets the rough end of the stick... another disgrace..

Gotta agree Penga, all too often the decision goes against Bazza. He has been very calm this year. It does'nt look like he will go anywhere near being reported. He is just playing good, hard footy. The best thing about it is, he has kept his head and continued with the good footy. I'm glad he lost it last year cause he really has learnt alot from it.