PDA

View Full Version : Nettlebeck or D.Holmes

cressakel
14th February 2006, 01:14 PM
Tis getting ridiculous these comparisons therefore, I decided to join in and start another thread......

I favour Nettlebeck, at least he could take the odd mark and kick the odd goal....

Hitman44
14th February 2006, 01:15 PM
Good headband on Nettlebeck....

ScottH
14th February 2006, 01:18 PM
Nobody could tackle plugger like Holmes.

Sanecow
14th February 2006, 01:21 PM
Nettlebeck entirely for his Katrina Warren connection.

Nico
14th February 2006, 03:04 PM
Holmes by a mile. Nettlebeck was one of the most useless footballers ever to play in the red and white. Bet a bloke a slab he would not play a 100 games. He was laughing when he went to Melbourne but I stuck with the bet.

Ask a Melbourne supporter about Nettles and you will get a very terse response. Ended up with about 70 games. Never got my slab because the bloke stopped going to the footy.

cressakel
14th February 2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Holmes by a mile. Nettlebeck was one of the most useless footballers ever to play in the red and white. Bet a bloke a slab he would not play a 100 games. He was laughing when he went to Melbourne but I stuck with the bet.

Ask a Melbourne supporter about Nettles and you will get a very terse response. Ended up with about 70 games. Never got my slab because the bloke stopped going to the footy.

Nettlebeck by a mile I think you mean.....

Holmes was the worst disposal, did everything wrong, tried too hard but therefore stuffed up all the time. The Swans sacked him just as we were coming out of the dismal early 90's, only for Holmes to not get a game at Fitzroy when they were bottom of the barrel.

As I said, at least Nettlebeck took the odd mark and kicked the odd goal. Although, Holmes kicked plenty of goals - FOR THE OPPOSITION.......

goswannie14
14th February 2006, 04:15 PM
I prefer Darren Goldspink:mad:

Nico
14th February 2006, 05:06 PM
Hang Holmes played in dfence in a poor team so had to have more stats than Nettles, who would not have got more that 7 stats a game, tops

Nothing but a boarding house cup of tea. Big and weak.