PDA

View Full Version : Where do you sit at the SCG?

ROK Lobster
15th February 2006, 07:44 PM
Where are the best seats in the house?

Sanecow
15th February 2006, 07:55 PM
I used to sit wherever I wanted. The only good thing about the Swans in 1994.

Big Al
15th February 2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Where are the best seats in the house?

No bias here but I wouldn't swap my seats for anything. Opposite the centre in the front section of the Brewongle Stand. Under cover and a brilliant view.

Kallias
15th February 2006, 08:12 PM
I'm lobbying for bar stools this year.

ScottH
15th February 2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
I used to sit wherever I wanted. The only good thing about the Swans in 1994. Even the 80's were good like that.

EMJ
15th February 2006, 08:29 PM
Big Al

So do we sit in the front section of the Brewongle - under cover and almost opposite the centre circle - 3rd row

Great seats but after many changes over the years - won't change our seats now

j s
15th February 2006, 08:33 PM
4th row of Brewongle, roughly on the 50m line

Nico
15th February 2006, 09:44 PM
On me clacker.

Dave
15th February 2006, 09:47 PM
God, I wish they'd bulldoze the whole joint and start again...

Xie Shan
15th February 2006, 10:31 PM
When I return, Bradman Stand, apparently.

dread and might
15th February 2006, 11:50 PM
I don't anymore :frown
Used to be front row, upper tier M.A Noble

Matt79
15th February 2006, 11:59 PM
Bill O'Reilly, centre and half way back. Been there since 1982 and LOOOOVE it!!

goswannie14
16th February 2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Dave
God, I wish they'd bulldoze the whole joint and start again... That seems to have worked with the MCG

Wardy
16th February 2006, 07:19 AM
front section of upper tier MA Noble - depending what time we get there may or maybe not under cover. excellent view.

graystar
16th February 2006, 07:30 AM
I used to sit in the O'Reilly stand.
The first row after the walkway across the stand.

I can't remember what row, but was seats 60 and 61. I had two seats so I could take a friend every week.

Alas, I had to give them away.

Question is, who is in them now?

I used to sit next to bloke who smoked a pipe and always took his daughter and wife to the game.

graystar
16th February 2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
That seems to have worked with the MCG
I reckon the Noble/ Bradman and Dally Mess Stand should be redone.

j s
16th February 2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by graystar
I reckon the Noble/ Bradman and Dally Mess Stand should be redone. With a second scoreboard too!

Mel
16th February 2006, 09:12 AM
We sit in the Churchill. We look almost right down the ground. There's eight of us so it's hard to move, especially now. We've been there for seven or eight years though and it's not bad. The stairs suck, especially after a hard soccer game in the morning. We don't like our seats at Stadium Australia though.

Rizzo
16th February 2006, 09:55 AM
The Noble facilities are good - easy to get decent food and a drink....but not the best angle for viewing. Having said that, during 9 goal quarter against Geelong there was no better place to be.

Jeffers1984
16th February 2006, 09:59 AM
Bay 29 Brewongle Concourse baby! The best atmosphere in the ground. Just ask Chubby Muffler or Bam_Bam.

woo
16th February 2006, 10:11 AM
front row upstairs in the Brewongle ...been there since 96. wouldn't give the seats up for quids

Refried Noodle
16th February 2006, 10:47 AM
Whenever I get up for a game it's always on Yabba's hill. Still don't know what to think of it - it's one of the dodgy areas at the SCG but the view is closer than General Admission at the MCG or Docklands.

Bas
16th February 2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by j s
4th row of Brewongle, roughly on the 50m line

What's your seat number. I'm in N92 & n93. Last row of front section and above the players race.

stellation
16th February 2006, 03:36 PM
We sit in Bay Hatley and my father sits the next bay over a few rows behind ours. It is kind of creepy, it is like being 10 and having your parents chaperone you at the movies.

j s
16th February 2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Bas
What's your seat number. I'm in N92 & n93. Last row of front section and above the players race. From memory those were my 2005 SF seats (or close) ! ;)

Destructive
16th February 2006, 06:29 PM
Bay 7, 3rd row, about the middle. Norris Lurker sits next to me. We're not far from Mike B and Swansinger. Been there since 97.

Big Al
16th February 2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by janpa
Big Al

So do we sit in the front section of the Brewongle - under cover and almost opposite the centre circle - 3rd row

Great seats but after many changes over the years - won't change our seats now

I'm K154 which is 4th or 5th Row I think. Prior to 96 I used to rock up and chose whatever seat I wanted. But when the bandwagon got rolling they made the Brewongle all reserved and shoved me somewhere up the back. Took me until 2000 to get these seats and I will not relinquish them easily.

thedoc
16th February 2006, 11:39 PM
we stand in the top section of the messenger stand for the ressies (might devour some prawns if its warm enough), then head over to the churchill (same seats since 96) to watch the seniors.

i'm hoping the scg doesn't adopt the light beer policy for the footy.

BAM_BAM
17th February 2006, 01:50 PM
bay 29 - 5th row, although due to the way the SCG is configured there's only 4 rows in front of us.

GoSwannies to my left, Jeffers up behind me somewhere, not sure exactly, and Doctor right behind me. It's right where the players stop and do their warm up exercises while running around boundary.

Mike_B
17th February 2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
bay 29 - 5th row, although due to the way the SCG is configured there's only 4 rows in front of us.

4 rows in front would mean you're in the 5th row ;)

Or do you mean your card says Row E, but its actually the 4th row back?

ROK Lobster
17th February 2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
4 rows in front would mean you're in the 5th row ;)

Or do you mean your card says Row E, but its actually the 4th row back? Perhaps the 5th row is row F. Row E with 4 rows in front still makes sense.

BAM_BAM
17th February 2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Perhaps the 5th row is row F. Row E with 4 rows in front still makes sense.

ok I know what I mean and so does ROK, which is a bit freaky when I think about it ;) it's actually row F and there are 4 rows in front of us.

ROK Lobster
17th February 2006, 02:20 PM
ok I know what I mean and so does ROK, which is a bit freaky when I think about it ;) it's actually row F and there are 4 rows in front of us. Do I win a prize?

Mike_B
20th February 2006, 03:12 PM
Hey, I was on the right track....just didn't go 1 row further from Row E being the 4th row!

Jeffers1984
20th February 2006, 04:21 PM

GoSwannies to my left, Jeffers up behind me somewhere, not sure exactly, and Doctor right behind me. It's right where the players stop and do their warm up exercises while running around boundary.
I sit in the row where there is that walkway right in front. I have no row of seats after my row.

Casey36
20th February 2006, 07:33 PM
Hehe! I Sit In The Noble Stand Behind The Goal Post And A Bit To The Right (from the sitting point of view)!
And Let Me Tell You Its The Best Seats Ever, I Been Sitting There For Da Past 12 Years.. Lol:p

Old Royboy
20th February 2006, 09:28 PM
I?ve migrated from the Messenger to bays 4,9 and 6 but for the past three years home is in the Noble Stand, exactly on the goal to goal line. Agree Casey, BSITH on the short SCG. Come and say hi this year.

cruiser
20th February 2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Casey36
Hehe! I Sit In The Noble Stand Behind The Goal Post And A Bit To The Right (from the sitting point of view)!
And Let Me Tell You Its The Best Seats Ever, I Been Sitting There For Da Past 12 Years.. Lol:p Maybe we've sat next to each other. ORB and I have sat near each other a few times.