PDA

View Full Version : A true inspiration

Mike_B
3rd June 2003, 12:13 AM
According to Sports Tonight, Jason McCartney will make his return to senior footy this Friday night against Richmond. He's hoping to either wear the number 88 on his back, or at least have it somewhere on his guernsey as a memorial to the Australian victims of Bali.

Congratulations Jason, a true inspiration to all footy followers!

Cheer Cheer
3rd June 2003, 10:20 PM
He is a true inspiration and I was lucky enough to shake his hand on sunday at the VFL, even though he helped kill my boys in Frankston, it was the furthest thing from my mind. I just had to say hello and say "well done" and I meant it in every sense of the word.
Hope he goes well.
Be interesting to see if anyone could lay a big tackle on him or have a bit of push an shove with him etc I wouldnt be able to do it myself and as much as the AFL players will say well on the footy field its a different story I dont reckon they will be able to be to physical with jason.

Destructive
4th June 2003, 11:05 PM
He has gone through something quite terrible and it has taken such guts and determination to come back from it. Well Done to the lad.

swansrock4eva
4th June 2003, 11:42 PM
I would have loved to see this two weeks ago at manuka so i could have applauded Jason personally - for him to have even made it back to ressies in such a short period of time is amazing, let alone AFL level! This guy is seriously a legend and deserves the utmost respect from every member of the footballing community because we have seen people forced out of the game through things less than this.

Congratulations Jason, best wishes for the match, and I hope you stick it up the 1 or 2 richmond supporters who are bound to give you crap from behind the fence.

anniswan
4th June 2003, 11:51 PM
I am just glad it's not against us, Danny Frawley must wonder when he can play against the Kangas whithout a big milestone coming up.

But in all seriousness, he has suffered a lot and I admire his guts and determination.

AS
17 trips to Bali, hoping for the 18th later this year

snajik
6th June 2003, 06:23 PM
Can't agree more with all of the above. Last I heard, he is actually wearing both the numbers 88 and 202 (representing the total lives lost in this tragedy). I respect this decision even more as it makes the statement that all life is sacred and important. It was just as tragic for the Balinese as it was for the Australians and this is something that everyone should realise. If more people understood this, then this world wouldn't be such a *ucked up place for so many people.

Have a great game Jason. Hope that there is many more to come.