PDA

View Full Version : Ted

Red
2nd April 2006, 06:23 PM
There's been a bit already about one of our debutants -- Chambers -- most of which is pretty spot on (pretty ordinary).

But how about Richards? I for one was glad we had him last night. Let's face it -- Leo was badly beaten by Lloyd, with some help from Don-friendly maggots.

Allowing for the fact our midfield woke up at 1/4 time, Ted positioned himself well, wasn't out-bodied and put in a lot of good spoils. To have a tall option at full-back -- that restricted Lloyd to 2 goals in 3 qtrs after his 6-goal haul -- is comforting.

ScottH
2nd April 2006, 08:03 PM
He took a screamer.

Pommie Swannie
2nd April 2006, 09:12 PM
I was happy with Ted - he looked like he fitted in well with the side. I'll have no concerns if his name is on the sheet going forward. Chambers is another kettle of fish altogether ...!

Slick Swans
2nd April 2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah I have to say I'm pretty happy with his debut, did everything right, did little wrong. Took a great mark. Looks fairly solid and like a good pick up for us over the off season, will have to wait and see more to decide whether he is as good a pick up as C. Bolton or Jolly. look forward to seeing him next week.

katie-scarlett
2nd April 2006, 10:34 PM
awesome job on Lloyd, too bad that screamer wasn't turned into a 6er though.

SMFC
3rd April 2006, 12:02 AM
I went to school with him as well as watched him play various games for the Bendigo Bummers in the VFL (Go the Boroughs), and I'd still say he's in the project player category...

The Chambers criticism is way harsh. Be very careful in advocating Doyle. If you shake Doyle's hand you might do his ankle.

RogueSwan
3rd April 2006, 10:09 AM
Thumbs up from me too. Richards played as good as any of our Premiership players, Goodes and Hall excluded.

dread and might
4th April 2006, 10:12 AM
I thought Ted looked more than useful, though I think Lloyd's relative quietness came as a result of diminishing supply rather than the match-up change.

Maybe he is the new Saddington, just taller and stronger???

mocaholic
4th April 2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
I thought Ted looked more than useful, though I think Lloyd's relative quietness came as a result of diminishing supply rather than the match-up change. And as Lloyd was double-teamed he took his game up the ground, thus giving him buckets of possessions as well as a much less chance of kicking majors.

Ted did pretty well I thought. My Essendon 'mates' were bollocking him (as you'd expect) but I retorted that I'd rather have Richards than Campo. Funnily enough, they agreed, one saying that they've spent over 10 years hating him and it's hard to reverse these habits in one game!

RogueSwan
4th April 2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by dread and might
Maybe he is the new Saddington, just taller and stronger???
With stronger hands.

JF_Bay22_SCG
4th April 2006, 06:32 PM
I knew he'd be good after I saw him at the Dons trial. Was never worried he'd be a bad recruit.

He reminds me of a Justin Leppitsch, somebody who is equally adept both up forward or in defence.

He may well be an even better acquistion than Darren Jolly was last year I reckon.

JF