Mine are
Premiers - East Coast
Top 4 - East Coast, Norths, Penno, C'Town
Wooden Spoon - Balmain
Phelan - John Vlatko
Leading Goal Kicker - Robbie Ahmat

Pekay
6th April 2006, 02:06 PM
I'll have a dig at this-Premiers-are Sydney Uni playing???Nah screw that i'll say North Shore again will meet East Coast(its gotta happen soon)in the GF,with Shore going triples.Top Four will be North-East-PEnno-and i'll take Town as well,they will be big improvers.Spoon will be fought out by Tigers( i hear of recruits but the clearance page suggests different)and last years GFists Wests.Leading the goals and kicking em from 60 out will be ex-Jet and 2004 SFA Goals Fraser Thomson,or the nickname he prefers,which i will leave out for now.Sorry Hef.Phelan Medal will be tight,with Paul Gambale throttling Davies for being smart....Oh wait that was 05.I know of no-one in Prems,and with old mate Barns not playing this year,i'll pick someone from juniors...... Cant think of many,but give me Ben Physick for Phelan and Luke McLeod for Sanders again.That'll do.

Scooped
6th April 2006, 02:44 PM
ECE - have to be the team to beat this year. Recruited well again this year on top of the dozen odd recruits last year. If they don't do it this year, interested to see the stance they take as a club for 07.

Norths - lost a few but they have been in GFs every year for the past 6 years, so expect another bold showing

St Geore - Shearer says they have recruited well plus got a few older heads back, will be thereabouts

Balmain - No idea, will be young.

C/Town - Garner at the top will surely bring a level of competitiveness.
Will be difficult to topple out at Prenter.

Penno - With a previous thread stating N Potter back, expect them to be around at the end.

Uni - Fairly quiet but I think they will in the hunt. Jones had won a couple of flags with them and will want more.

Gong - With rafter counting the beans, will be tough to beat in gong town.

Wests - Lost a few but with blokes like Macpherson / Fidler expect them to cause a struggle with a few blokes

So in top 4
ECE
UNI
Norths
Penno

Phelan
D Donohue

Goalkicker
L Spencer

Joe Dirt
7th April 2006, 09:19 AM
My top 4 would have to be:

ECE - They should have a gun team if their website is anything to go by. But i do think that it is finally their year to make the finals.
North Shore - Always strong and save their best for the finals.
Uni - Seem to have a very strong alround club. Good to see Tim Jones back.
Penno - Seem to always be around aswell.

Only the first two are sure things in my mind. There will be 6 teams in a tight race for the next two spots which should make for some great, close contests. And the obvious choice for the wooden spoon would have to be Balmain.

The Phelan will go to D Donohoe.

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been a strong follower of the Canberra AFL, both as a player and a supporter, for many years now and have been relocated to Sydney through work.

Therefore i am very new to the Sydney competition, but in my short time watching and playing in the SFL practice matches and a few of the training sessions, i have to say i have been extremely impressed with a youngster from the UNSWES team named Peter Kefalas.

His skill level has been amazing at the training sessions i have seen, and his attitude both on the track and off it has been exemplary! Heath James, the new assistant coach at UNSWES, and former Swan, share my views and regularly uses young Peter as an example of best practise at training!

Obviously UNSWES have several talented senior players such as Abott, Phillips, Coupe and even Luff, but i have to say easily best on track has thus far been Kefalas.

I apologise for my username being a bit silly, but i can't sing this kid's praises enough, he really needs to be shown the respect that he deserves.

I will definitely give him my tip to go close in the phelan medal this year, in fact from the teams i have seen so far, he will wipe the floor! If he plays in a forward or midfield role he will be unbeatable.

Kefalas has a lot of similar traits to that of the great Chris Judd.

I look forward to others opinions of this young up and coming champion.

He is as almost as good as the great Brendan Read from the Belconnen Football Club in Canberra... 200 game player with 3 premierships and many many other footballing accolades. I am positive Kef will one day reach these lofty heights too.

Pekay
7th April 2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by I_Heart_Kefalas
Hi everyone,

I have been a strong follower of the Canberra AFL, both as a player and a supporter, for many years now and have been relocated to Sydney through work.

Therefore i am very new to the Sydney competition, but in my short time watching and playing in the SFL practice matches and a few of the training sessions, i have to say i have been extremely impressed with a youngster from the UNSWES team named Peter Kefalas.

His skill level has been amazing at the training sessions i have seen, and his attitude both on the track and off it has been exemplary! Heath James, the new assistant coach at UNSWES, and former Swan, share my views and regularly uses young Peter as an example of best practise at training!

Obviously UNSWES have several talented senior players such as Abott, Phillips, Coupe and even Luff, but i have to say easily best on track has thus far been Kefalas.

I apologise for my username being a bit silly, but i can't sing this kid's praises enough, he really needs to be shown the respect that he deserves.

I will definitely give him my tip to go close in the phelan medal this year, in fact from the teams i have seen so far, he will wipe the floor! If he plays in a forward or midfield role he will be unbeatable.

Kefalas has a lot of similar traits to that of the great Chris Judd.

I look forward to others opinions of this young up and coming champion. You should be proud of your son Mr K.... Now stop that,you'll go blind and get a cramp in the wrist...Another uni Tosser,whoda thunk it?!?

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 11:06 AM
haha, that's quite funny pekay...

I understand your cynicism towards my big wraps for Kef, but really you need to see this kid play.

As far as the Uni "Tosser" qoute, i find that quite unfair. I think it is a little pointless to begin tossing mud at each other over which club we play for, as obviously we all take a great deal of pride in where we are from and who we represent.

Good luck to everybody this week in the first round.

Kef for the phelan... honestly!

Pekay
7th April 2006, 11:14 AM
haha, that's quite funny pekay...

I understand your cynicism towards my big wraps for Kef, but really you need to see this kid play.

I have been fortunate enough to be heavily involved (playing) with one of the more successful clubs in the Canberra competition over the past 10 years, playing with and against a lot of quality opposition, but i have not seen anyone like Kef. Take that for what it's worth, judging by your negative tone, you would not listen to anybody like me anyway.

As far as the Uni "Tosser" qoute, i find that quite unfair. I think it is a little pointless to begin tossing mud at each other over which club we play for, as obviously we all take a great deal of pride in where we are from and who we represent.

Good luck to everybody this week in the first round.

Kef for the phelan... honestly! Yeah nice work Pete.

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 11:16 AM
Does anyone think Ryan Underwood could ever win the Phelan???

I look forward to your thoughts, I am new to the competition and would appreciate any comments you have on the above player.

tara
7th April 2006, 12:06 PM
Hey Kef were you involved with Belconnen?

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 12:09 PM
yes....

tara
7th April 2006, 12:13 PM
Do you recall a swimmer who worked at the club - Meredith Smith?

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 12:16 PM
Small World!!!

Meredith Smith is a legend. Nice girl...

tara
7th April 2006, 12:23 PM
Small World!!!

Meredith Smith is a legend. She would be one of my really good friends at the club... her invovlement around the club was amazing with organising functions for the players etc...

She owns and run the Gym I train at in Granville. Have spent alot of earlier morning sessions boxing and doing weights with her. She caught the bouquet at my wedding in Jan (not suprising given her height).

If you get bored at the Uni come down to South West - at least youll feel at home with the colours.

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 12:31 PM
thanks for the offer, but i wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to play footy with Peter Kefalas.

Roo
7th April 2006, 02:14 PM
If Kef is as good as you say, why would unsw/es start him on the bench. It would be hard to win the phelan with splinters in his backside.

Norris Lurker
7th April 2006, 02:20 PM
Could be an unpredictable season. The clubs that did well last year have all lost players and could go down, while the clubs that missed out seem to have recruited well and could go up - if they meet around the middle somewhere this could be an amazingly even season.

Anyway, my tips are:
Top 4 - Pennant Hills, North Shore, East Coast, UNSW-ES.
North Shore are going for the 3-peat, and even with their losses they've still got some great talent. But don't ask me why, but I've got a feeling this could be Pennant Hills' year. ECE keep getting close to the finals, and sooner or later they've got to break through, and this could be the year they do it.
Wooden Spoon - Balmain
Phelan - Stephen Pech (although if any umpires read this, Kefalas could take votes off him)
Leading Goalkicker - Peter Dugmore

I_Heart_Kefalas
7th April 2006, 02:25 PM
In all seriousness, i too would like to submit my tips for the top 4 and relative league leaders...

Top 4:

UNSWES,
North Shore,
Campbelltown,
Western Suburbs

Phelan: Peter Kefalas, Ryan Underwood, Rob Phillips, or even Steve Pech if he can avoid injury.

Leading Goalkicker: Brad Abott, or Leigh Lavery

Best first year first grade player: Eddie Kiel

Wooden Spoon:????

Rafters
7th April 2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by tara
She owns and run the Gym I train at in Granville. Have spent alot of earlier morning sessions boxing and doing weights with her. She caught the bouquet at my wedding in Jan (not suprising given her height).

If you get bored at the Uni come down to South West - at least youll feel at home with the colours.

A tall girl in Granville?? As a Granville resident for the majority of the last 22 years I want to know where has she been all these years?? Is she single?? Can you put in a good word for me Tara?

Top 4 will be:

ECE
Penno
North Shore
Wollongong

Leading goalkicker will be R Underwood

Phelan medallist: G Garner. Haven't seen much of Kefalas to comment.

PS I am actually auditing the beans down at the Gong, not counting them! I can confirm that the club is in a very good financial position due to the hard work of a great committee & some excellent sponsors in a one-team town.