PDA

View Full Version : Rnd 2 - Rate a Captain.

ScottH
9th April 2006, 09:11 PM
Hall - Unfortunately forgot to turn up. 0/10

Kirk - 2/10, for the bumps he laid.

Barry - 3/10, much better game than las week, but runs himself into trouble. I think he is suffering from the Miss Tadhg Syndrome.

liz
9th April 2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ScottH

Unfair.

He still finished off as equal top-scorer for the team (in terms of goals, anyway).

He was being triple-teamed in the first quarter while the Swans were getting something of the ball, and then it barely came down his way for two quarter.

Certainly not a glory day but it's hard to do anything as a forward when your team is getting belted.

NMWBloods
9th April 2006, 09:21 PM
Hall 2/10

Kirk 2/10

Barry 2/10

bloodboy
9th April 2006, 09:23 PM
Totally unfair on Baz. True, he didn't have his best game but the kicks to him were absolutely terrible. All either over his head or he had to check his run which gave his opponent plenty of time to spoil. The reason most of the kicks were so poor to him was because we needlessly put ourselves under pressure carrying the ball through the centre by making bad handballing and short pass decisions. We really have to sort that out.

ScottH
9th April 2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by liz
Unfair.

He still finished off as equal top-scorer for the team (in terms of goals, anyway).

He was being triple-teamed in the first quarter while the Swans were getting something of the ball, and then it barely came down his way for two quarter.

Certainly not a glory day but it's hard to do anything as a forward when your team is getting belted. Ok, it was a bit harsh, but 0 possessions for more than 1/2 a game, from the captain and one of our best players. I would've expected him to try and find the ball a bit more. Delivery into the fwds was worse than shocking at times, but a good player will go and get the player. He just didn't apear to go looking for it.

NMWBloods
9th April 2006, 09:26 PM
If he's not getting the ball, he needs to take it upon himself to come up to the wing and be a target.

Legs Akimbo
9th April 2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
If he's not getting the ball, he needs to take it upon himself to come up to the wing and be a target.

It was a bit weird. He usually does that but he did not today. The kicking into the forward line was abysmal all day.

Jeffers1984
9th April 2006, 09:34 PM
Hall 3/10

Barry 2/10

Kirk 0.5/10

cruiser
9th April 2006, 09:59 PM
Hall had one of the worse games I have ever seen him play. Leo also had a shocker, repeatedly beaten in contests. Kirk only noticeable when flattening a Port player. Woeful games from our three captains.

Nico
9th April 2006, 10:41 PM
Leo Barry = - 5.

Dumb display.

No leadership talent at all. Strike him off the captains list.

Head as big as a watermelon.

NMWBloods
9th April 2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
It was a bit weird. He usually does that but he did not today. The kicking into the forward line was abysmal all day. Yeah, I kept waiting for him to do it. As I wrote the above I was thinking about how often he has done that in the past but not today.

Kicking into the F50 was pathetic.

Missy
10th April 2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by liz
Unfair.

That being the case, if he was on his game, imagine the damage he could have done. He just seemed slow...

Refried Noodle
10th April 2006, 12:33 AM
Barry - 2/10

Kirk - 4/10

Hall - 3/10

All failed.

They'll improve tho, don't get me wrong.

swan_song
10th April 2006, 09:17 AM
It pains me to do this, but on the Port game alone: 8/30. Dismal effort, the Captains need to lead by example once again. There is scope for improvement from all. I think there's a, "Well, I have a premiership medal now, and that's something even many greats of the game don't have. I'm content" mentality in this lot!

Bazza: 4/10 (the ball was not delivered to him with any method, yet still he was equal top goalkicker, albeit with only 2, but he loses marks for not touching the pigskin for a vast amount of the match, and NOT pumping up -- or even THUMPING -- his teammates as Captains should).
Kirky: 2/10 (this was not the blood-stained angel of last season, putting his bod continually on the line for the team, but he scores points for a couple of decent bumps).
Leo: 2/10 (harsh, I know, but Leo has been playing long enough to know what you can and can't get away with. But it is symptomatic of my main concern about our backline since Dunks rertired, that we don't have a "proper" full back. Leo's great with the Irishman, running off half back. Against a good full forward he has often struggled). But hey, he still gets the 2 points for saving the Premiership last year!

Zlatorog
10th April 2006, 10:03 AM
The captains were under performing, but in my opinion Bazza was showing more of the fighting spirit than the others. He was heavily teamed up by the oposition players.

Here are my votes:
Bazza 4/10
Leo 2/10
Brett 1/10

Lucky Knickers
10th April 2006, 10:39 AM
Bazz 3/10
Leo 1/10
Kirk 0/10 - I'm not going to pay any points for those bumps - the port players took eachother out - too little too late!

Clearly suffering an iron deficiency and need to eat more meat.

Ruck'n'Roll
10th April 2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by swan_song
Bazza: 4/10 (the ball was not delivered to him with any method
Indeed the delivery was so poor that the Port talls had plenty of time to double and triple team him.

So he thinks he's Byron Pickett? Frankly I think he should think on his 14 possession game instead.

Barry - 3/10, much better game than las week, but runs himself into trouble. I think he is suffering from the Miss Tadhg Syndrome.
I thought he was worse this week, last week he got killed in the 1st quarter but then worked to redeem himself.
What was very worrying was that Leo was run down from behind this week in the 4th quarter by Toby Thurstons (whose not Aaron Davey). Has having to stand big forwards each week started to take it's toll?

Sanecow
10th April 2006, 12:59 PM
All skipped cheating lessons last week. Not enough holding or punching.

RogueSwan
10th April 2006, 01:45 PM
Is it too late/early to dump them all and bring on Goodes as captain?
Where was the Kirk huddle from last years PF?
The team is supposed to have strong leadership, it was not shown at all yesterday.

ScottH
10th April 2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Ruckman
What was very worrying was that Leo was run down from behind this week in the 4th quarter by Toby Thurstons (whose not Aaron Davey). Has having to stand big forwards each week started to take it's toll? Maybe Leo is getting slow,

jude_boltons_babe
10th April 2006, 02:25 PM
needs work

ScottH
10th April 2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by jude_boltons_babe
needs work Who? What? Where?

Carolyn
10th April 2006, 10:18 PM

Barry - 3/10, much better game than las week, but runs himself into trouble. I think he is suffering from the Miss Tadhg Syndrome. Hall - 1/10
Kirk - 2/10
Barry - 1/10

I think everyone on the team is suffering from the Tadhg Syndrome. Certainly looks like it...

goswannie14
10th April 2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Knickers
Bazz 3/10
Leo 1/10
Kirk 0/10 - I'm not going to pay any points for those bumps - the port players took eachother out - too little too late!

Clearly suffering an iron deficiency and need to eat more meat. I agree with you LK, I didn't know whether Kirk had played until they showed the bumps on the news later that night in Sydney.