IN: Barnard, Peverill, Misiti
OUT: McGrath, Alessio, Davies

No Saddo.....but Alessio out!!!! YAY!!

Sanecow
5th June 2003, 07:53 PM
No amount of Johnsons can save them!

Sanecow
5th June 2003, 07:56 PM
I hope Bolton and Bolton double-team Bolton at some stage of the game.

Jon
5th June 2003, 08:25 PM
so what's the deal with Micky? Some people are saying he won't play. Anyone seen him training?

Barnard's an interesting one. He kicked about 3 goals against us in that classic encounter last year.

Hmm. Looking forward to the Ricky Mott end of the ground finally getting renamed!

penga
5th June 2003, 08:41 PM
i thought our interchange bench looked strong, then i saw that warfe is in the back pocket :rolleyes: :D

Red
5th June 2003, 08:46 PM
Alessio will play all right. Seeing as he's named as an emergency, it's almost a certainty. It's just some Sheedy foxing, something that he -- and Roosey for that matter -- do all the time.

'Pleased to see Cressa back, I just hope that Mickey gets up in time. Saddo's injury must be pretty bad to be keeping him out for so long. Maybe we'll see LRT in defence this time?

Charlie
5th June 2003, 08:47 PM
In a surprise move.... Goodes on Lloyd.

Bolton (C) on Barnard.

Schauble on Lucas.

Kirk on M.Johnson.

Crouch on J.Johnson.

Warfe on the pine.

Cheer Cheer
5th June 2003, 09:09 PM
I would swap bolton onto llyod and warfe on barnard.
If we are going to win the game goodes cannot play on llyod.

ugg
6th June 2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Charlie
In a surprise move.... Goodes on Lloyd.

Bolton (C) on Barnard.

Schauble on Lucas.

Kirk on M.Johnson.

Crouch on J.Johnson.

Warfe on the pine.

We need Goodes around the ground, not stuck at full back. Seems they dropped Alessio because they want M.Bolton to run with Goodes.

C.Bolton on Lloyd.
J.Bolton on M.Johnson
Barry on Lucas
Warfe on Barnard
Kennelly on Rioli/Cupido
Williams on Mercuri, again.
Kirk on Peverill
Crouch on J.Johnson.
Schauble to go up forward again?

Donners
6th June 2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
I would swap bolton onto llyod and warfe on barnard.
If we are going to win the game goodes cannot play on llyod.

If we are going to win the game, Warfe cannot play on ANYBODY! ;)

liz
6th June 2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by ugg
We need Goodes around the ground, not stuck at full back. Seems they dropped Alessio because they want M.Bolton to run with Goodes.

C.Bolton on Lloyd.
J.Bolton on M.Johnson
Barry on Lucas
Warfe on Barnard
Kennelly on Rioli/Cupido
Williams on Mercuri, again.
Kirk on Peverill
Crouch on J.Johnson.
Schauble to go up forward again?

I think we might see Schauble on Lucas. Peverill is their number one tagger so I don't see much sense in him and Kirk playing on each other. I think we'll see Kirk on J Johnson. Crouch on Rioli. He probably isn't big enough for Cupido but Warfe might be able to cope. I don't think Kennelly has the defensive nous yet to play on a "tricky" forward such as Rioli or Cupido and giving him such a role would probably limit the drive he can provide from the HBF.

On paper it doesn't look as if our defence matches up particularly well against their forward line, but I suspect they will struggle against ours also, especially if Magic is fit. As with most games where the forward lines look better than their respective defences it will come down to the midfield. And although the Essendon team is bigger and stronger than the Swans, if we play well I reckon we can make them look quite slow, as we did the Lions for most of that game.

Plugger46
6th June 2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by penga
i thought our interchange bench looked strong, then i saw that warfe is in the back pocket :rolleyes: :D

Penga,

You just love getting into me don't you?

red_avengers
6th June 2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
I hope Bolton and Bolton double-team Bolton at some stage of the game.

are they all blond? Amusing how the match will be called

Plugger46
6th June 2003, 03:46 AM
Schauble must go forward, too costly down back. Although my personal opinion, is he is very average, all around the ground.

Roscoe
6th June 2003, 09:07 AM
At last I may agree with here Plugger, Schauble (to me) is not tthe player he once was. I think he can be of value up front.

Mind you with Saddington out he's our tallest defender

I'll put the acid test on you - who is better Schauble or your love-child Warfe ?

Dpw
6th June 2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by lizz
I think we might see Schauble on Lucas. Peverill is their number one tagger so I don't see much sense in him and Kirk playing on each other. I think we'll see Kirk on J Johnson. Crouch on Rioli. He probably isn't big enough for Cupido but Warfe might be able to cope. I don't think Kennelly has the defensive nous yet to play on a "tricky" forward such as Rioli or Cupido and giving him such a role would probably limit the drive he can provide from the HBF.

On paper it doesn't look as if our defence matches up particularly well against their forward line, but I suspect they will struggle against ours also, especially if Magic is fit. As with most games where the forward lines look better than their respective defences it will come down to the midfield. And although the Essendon team is bigger and stronger than the Swans, if we play well I reckon we can make them look quite slow, as we did the Lions for most of that game.

Just about how I see It I would only add perhaps Mathews may get Rioli/Cupido has exp. and plays very tight.

Bear
6th June 2003, 12:48 PM
Stevens in, Warfe out. Give the guy a go!:(

Bear
6th June 2003, 12:54 PM
Schauble has been very solid lately, particularly man-on-man.

May struggle on the bigger ground though.

Also, there is no way we can replace him at the moment with our current list.

Remember that you can't stop every goal and much depends on the defensive work of your forwards and midfielders.

EMJ
6th June 2003, 01:02 PM
O'Loughlin will play I think as he is cover of Record and articles about him - I think that is why he was held back last week - he seems pretty set on playing this week - unless injury is real bad a bit like Hird.

penga
6th June 2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Plugger46
Penga,

You just love getting into me don't you?

i dont know what this has to do with u, unless u should really be called "Warfe33"???

i havent liked warfe for a while now, and i definitely didnt like him b4 u came onto this board, so... :rolleyes:

i really dont see how warfe can still be in the squad...

Red
6th June 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ugg

They 'dropped' Alessio to bring him back at the 11th hour to stretch our short defence (which he has done very well the last few years), and try to throw Roos into a tail-spin. But Sheeds, who hasn't coached a premiership game against Roosey, may be in for a few last-minute suprises himself.

Misiti -- who as everyone knows is now way too slow for the Swans -- would be the most likely 'late' withdrawl for Alessio.

I'm so sure of this that I reckon I'll be able to quote this post on Sunday with 'I told you so' in the subject.

red_avengers
6th June 2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Red
They 'dropped' Alessio to bring him back at the 11th hour to stretch our short defence (which he has done very well the last few years), and try to throw Roos into a tail-spin. But Sheeds, who hasn't coached a premiership game against Roosey, may be in for a few last-minute suprises himself.

Misiti -- who as everyone knows is now way too slow for the Swans -- would be the most likely 'late' withdrawl for Alessio.

I'm so sure of this that I reckon I'll be able to quote this post on Sunday with 'I told you so' in the subject.

hope Roos have a few tricks in the bag. Sheedy is one seedy sleazy b*******. I'm sure he coachs them to play for free kicks. Lloyd is one favoured by umps. We always seem to be on the wrong side of umps when we play them.

Go swans. Bury them.