PDA

View Full Version : Time to get serious...Lets bring back the Swanettes!

Matt79
26th April 2006, 02:37 PM
All this discussion on creating a better atmosphere, singing new songs...blah blah.

Lets get serious....time to bring back the Swanettes and place them on a stage at the cheersquad end. They would add colour, pazazz, spice, comedy, music and would get the crowd involved.

I mean heck, add 6 bonus points to a goal if a kick for goal, knocks a Swanette off their perch.

Time for nominations to be on the 2006 Revival of the Swanettes!

Mel
26th April 2006, 02:43 PM
My memory of the Swanettes has them as a bunch of old* ladies with big hair and white leotards. Don't know how they'd go today.

* I was a kid when the Swanettes were around so anybody over 15 seemed old to me.

Matt79
26th April 2006, 02:44 PM
From a distance up in the O'Reilly stand, I couldn't tell how old they were! :eek:

stellation
26th April 2006, 03:27 PM
ROK ROK ROK! :D

i'm-uninformed2
26th April 2006, 03:46 PM
We could combine the two themes here - ROK and Swanettes and solve a problem along the way.

Let's replace the Swanettes and instead set up eight Princess Marys behind the goals for ROK to aim at. She doesn't do much for me but given his history with her, we know he'd rise to the challenge.

Matt79
26th April 2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by i'm-uninformed2
We could combine the two themes here - ROK and Swanettes and solve a problem along the way.

Let's replace the Swanettes and instead set up eight Princess Marys behind the goals for ROK to aim at. She doesn't do much for me but given his history with her, we know he'd rise to the challenge.

Yep, might make him kick straight!

cruiser
26th April 2006, 10:27 PM
Sign me up for the Rokettes!

woo
26th April 2006, 10:40 PM
weren't they cross dressing guy..I'll pop into the Columbian en route to the game sat night and get some ready to cheer at the game....you guys bring the outfits

ok just realised I was thinking swantits

Matt79
26th April 2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by woo
weren't they cross dressing guy..I'll pop into the Columbian en route to the game sat night and get some ready to cheer at the game....you guys bring the outfits

ok just realised I was thinking swantits

The Swantits used to be at the front of the O'Reilly stand...is that correct? Funny memories!:D

Wardy
27th April 2006, 09:16 AM
I'll vote for anything that removes Kenny and the Old tarts from behind the goals.

stellation
27th April 2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Wardy
I'll vote for anything that removes Kenny and the Old tarts from behind the goals.
Should we have a "ditch Kenny" poll?

Wardy
27th April 2006, 09:25 AM
I'm all for that!

big bear
27th April 2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Should we have a "ditch Kenny" poll?

Yes. Get rid of Kenny once and for all.

Nico
27th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Mel
My memory of the Swanettes has them as a bunch of old* ladies with big hair and white leotards. Don't know how they'd go today.

* I was a kid when the Swanettes were around so anybody over 15 seemed old to me.

One of my mates in Sydney recalls they were affectionately known as "The Mumbles".

cruiser
27th April 2006, 11:04 PM
I'm all for that! Why? They've been loyally cheering on the Swans since 1982. I dont understand why some people dislike them so much.

Destructive
28th April 2006, 07:48 PM
No way!

Casey36
28th April 2006, 09:31 PM

Aaaw.. Whats Wrong With Kenny?:eek:
Haha!

goswannie14
29th April 2006, 08:33 AM
I have no problem with Kenny's support for the team, but from what I have heard he is now becoming a little full of his own self importance. I find it hard to tolerate people like that.

GoBloods
1st May 2006, 05:40 PM
Kenny is a nice old bloke , who would go out of his way to say hello to you if he knew you...i cant recall the last time he missed a home game .his only crime is that he justs loves the swans .... .if only you critics had half as much passion for the swans as kenny did . you are just jealous

goswannie14
1st May 2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by GoBloods
Kenny is a nice old bloke , who would go out of his way to say hello to you if he knew you...i cant recall the last time he missed a home game .his only crime is that he justs loves the swans .... .if only you critics had half as much passion for the swans as kenny did . you are just jealous BTW where does Kenny sit at Telstra Stadium?

GoBloods
1st May 2006, 05:42 PM
and also a big yes for the swanettes return