PDA

View Full Version : Telstra approved for play

Bas
28th April 2006, 01:01 PM
It has just been announced on the mid day news that the game will go ahead at Telstra as scheduled.

Lucky Knickers
28th April 2006, 01:24 PM
Good news I think. Looking forward to watching a game on a bigger ground (Grand Final spoilt me). Am disappointed they've moved the Ressie's tho back to lakeside.

sydneyswans1989
28th April 2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Bas
It has just been announced on the mid day news that the game will go ahead at Telstra as scheduled.

Awesome, i think we have a better chance of beating the cats at TS rather than the SCG, keep in mind that the cats have never played at TS before.

floppinab
28th April 2006, 02:15 PM
I'm sure we'll see a bit of footage of the Cats training out there today.
Be interesting to see how it plays for their training run.

Pommie Swannie
28th April 2006, 03:44 PM
Swans have won the last 6 out at TS, which could be seen as a good omen.

But then again, apart from the Brisbane game last season, the Essendon & Collingwood games were very tight affairs ... could be another game that tests the blood pressure on Saturday!

elroy67
28th April 2006, 03:51 PM
I wonder what time they will turn the sprinklers off?

Pommie Swannie
28th April 2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by elroy67
I wonder what time they will turn the sprinklers off?

:D :D

Bas
28th April 2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Knickers
Good news I think. Looking forward to watching a game on a bigger ground (Grand Final spoilt me). Am disappointed they've moved the Ressie's tho back to lakeside.

TS should suit the Cats much better than the SCG. It is similar to their home ground in width.

Well It will be a change from watching the Swans get beaten at the SCG. Cats by 28

hammo
28th April 2006, 04:49 PM
Just pray for no injuries to either side.

The ground debacle has been an embarrassment for Telstra Stadium and to a lesser extent the Swans (afterall, it is our home ground).

Pommie Swannie
28th April 2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by hammo
Just pray for no injuries to either side.

The ground debacle has been an embarrassment for Telstra Stadium and to a lesser extent the Swans (afterall, it is our home ground).

I don't think the Swans are implicated at all - the stadium is used heavily by other codes and I'm sure Swans have little or no input into the preparation / maintenance of the pitch.

Bas
28th April 2006, 05:22 PM
I thought the state of the ground had a lot to do with the recent Rolling Bones concert.

Carolyn
28th April 2006, 06:30 PM
As long as they are actually playing, I'm happy. :D

TheMase
28th April 2006, 11:20 PM
I was down at the ground for a work function today. Although I did not get to walk on the surface, the ground did appear to be in good condition. :)

GoSouth33
28th April 2006, 11:45 PM
The dimensions of the ground are similar, as I recall, to Kardinia Park. Long and narrow. Last night on "Ins and Outs" ( Big Pond preview of the weekend games seen on the AFL site on Thursday nights). Peter Donergan hosts the segment often with Stan Alves and sometimes with a guest. Last night it was Donergan and Rocket Eade. In his tips Rocket went for the Swans if they were playing at the SCG and went for the Cats if the game was at the Olympic stadium. His rationale was that the dimensions of Telstra were similar to their home ground and would suit them more. Time will tell whether he's right. BTW Rocket seems to be enjoying life at the moment. Good luck to him. If the Swans bomb out of finals action this year I'll be getting on the Bulldogs bandwagon!!

goswannie14
29th April 2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by GoSouth33
If the Swans bomb out of finals action this year I'll be getting on the Bulldogs bandwagon!! Nothing could get me on that bandwagon.:eek: