PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Scoring

Mike_B
28th May 2006, 11:52 AM
I can't help but wonder if at least a contributing factor to our scoring being higher this year is the change in timekeeping rules. The last couple of weeks we have had plenty of stoppages - probably at the same level as last year. With the rules changing to call time on as soon as the umpire blows for the ball up, this means compared to last year the ball is actually in play for longer each quarter, giving us the opportunity to actually put higher scores on the board.

Oh and kicking straight helps too!

Thunder Shaker
28th May 2006, 01:34 PM
I disagree. The length of time in the quarters does not seem to change much, but the average score is 23% higher.

It could also reflect the relative weakness of the teams we have played.

NMWBloods
28th May 2006, 01:52 PM
I think we are being cleaner with the ball, looking to go forward and less sideways, and our forward line play is working more efficiently.

The quality of some of our opponents has helped a lot too.

We'll see how it goes against better sides.

punter257
28th May 2006, 03:42 PM
our forward line looks very potent compared to last year - i'm very confident when we're inside 50 and our pressure when the opposition gets the ball is excellent

Nico
28th May 2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I think we are being cleaner with the ball, looking to go forward and less sideways, and our forward line play is working more efficiently.

The quality of some of our opponents has helped a lot too.

We'll see how it goes against better sides.

Good to practice against ordinary sides though.

swantastic
28th May 2006, 04:05 PM
we are flying at the moment our confidence is high thats what we need.What do people mean we havnt played a top four team we are a top four team we are just as good as any other team no matter who they are.You can only beat who you play and we have smaked a few teams.i am confident no matter who we play.