PDA

View Full Version : Crouchie's Shoulder

Matt79
29th May 2006, 10:53 PM
He is not named on the injury list which is great news, however, he was holding his left arm (dangling) a lot on Saturday night. He also went down to the rooms for treatment during the game.

The club is probably keeping it quiet so he is not targeted.

What a trooper!

jenky28
29th May 2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Matt79
He is not named on the injury list which is great news, however, he was holding his left arm (dangling) a lot on Saturday night. He also went down to the rooms for treatment during the game.

The club is probably keeping it quiet so he is not targeted.

What a trooper!

He wasnt at the footy clinic on sunday but jude said he is fine just went home early with nick malceski!

He will play this week!

swantastic
29th May 2006, 10:58 PM
no probs crouchy will be playing against roos mayb start him on bench see how we are goin

swantastic
29th May 2006, 10:59 PM
crouchy is a slaka should trade him hahaha jenky28

Matt79
29th May 2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jenky28
He wasnt at the footy clinic on sunday but jude said he is fine just went home early with nick malceski!

He will play this week!

Considering Nick Malceski is going home and out for 3 weeks, Crouchie heading home with him may not have been a good thing...heading to the physio together!! :eek:

jenky28
29th May 2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
crouchy is a slaka should trade him hahaha jenky28

HAHAHA biggest slacka in the team!
No need to stir me up and get me going!

swantastic
29th May 2006, 11:04 PM
they should trade slaka 4 aka

jenky28
29th May 2006, 11:08 PM
they should trade slaka 4 aka

We had this arguement on sunday you know how i feel lol i guess id be getting myself a lions jumper in that case!

swantastic
29th May 2006, 11:12 PM
oh well sorry to see you go,good by

NMWBloods
29th May 2006, 11:13 PM
Crouch should really have a week or two off. He was useless on Saturday night with his injuries and he's been struggling with injury for part of this year.

jenky28
29th May 2006, 11:14 PM
oh well sorry to see you go,good by

LOL your a laugh!
Nah i support crouchy all the way no matter who he plays for but th e swans come first

swantastic
29th May 2006, 11:16 PM
gota hav a laugh other wise life would be boring

swantastic
29th May 2006, 11:19 PM
NMW that was a bit harsh he is a trooper works through the pain,what do u expect he was injured,still does his job week in week out.

NMWBloods
29th May 2006, 11:23 PM
NMW that was a bit harsh he is a trooper works through the pain,what do u expect he was injured,still does his job week in week out. What a silly comment. I expect him to play well. If he's injured I expect him to be rested, exactly as I said. He is not doing his job every week this year as he is often injured. He struggled on Saturday.

liz
29th May 2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Crouch should really have a week or two off. He was useless on Saturday night with his injuries and he's been struggling with injury for part of this year.

He struggled early but I thought his last month had been good. And he was far from useless in the second half yesterday - not a star but he did his bit.

jenky28
29th May 2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
What a silly comment. I expect him to play well. If he's injured I expect him to be rested, exactly as I said. He is not doing his job every week this year as he is often injured. He struggled on Saturday.

If he wasnt doing his job each week he wouldnt be in the side so give the guy a break!
Same as chambers he obviously gets set a task each week and does it so gets a game!
We do not know exactly what they r instructed to do possessions are not everything!

NMWBloods
30th May 2006, 12:09 AM
He has a lot of credits so who knows.

I am giving him a break and I'm suggesting he needs a rest.

Against a half-decent side we might have been in trouble with a reduced bench.

Young Blood
30th May 2006, 03:11 AM
I agree with Bloods. This shoulder/neck problem has been hanging around for 3 weeks now. Time to give him a break to get over it properly. All the stars are in alignment really - Schmidt and Dempster deserve a run, and the Roos don't have a gun small forward.

liz
30th May 2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Young Blood
and the Roos don't have a gun small forward.

They do have Daniel Wells though. Crouch and Schneider are probably the only two in the team with the pace to go with Wells, though I seem to remember Dempster doing a pretty good job on him last year.

NMWBloods
30th May 2006, 09:59 AM
Wells will kill Crouch if he's not fully fit.

giant
30th May 2006, 10:48 AM
In the last version of this monthly thread, I was all for the Crouchy miracle to continue - now, I tend to agree with Bloods (I think that's twice now...). He needs a break and now's the time. Still, an important member of our best 22 but he looks increasingly frail each time he plays now.

My favourite Crouchy moment was in the GF when he took on 2 oncoming Eagles to dive at the ball & push it to Schneider's advantage, who (eventually) goaled. That sort of stuff gives him enormous credits but the time looks right for a break.

goswannie14
30th May 2006, 10:54 AM
Don't think he will be rested until he breaks the games record, or at least gets to 200 games from debut.

Thunder Shaker
30th May 2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Don't think he will be rested until he breaks the games record, or at least gets to 200 games from debut.
If he's injured then the Swans selectors have no choice on the matter.

Knowing Crouchy, he's doing everything he can to be fit for the next game.