PDA

View Full Version : Precautionary rest for LRT

wyatt
30th May 2006, 08:58 AM
I saw on the news last night that LRT was rested from training for "precautionary measures" following the bump by Guerra (and the seemingly un-noticed one by Croad). My question is this: If he was well enough to go back on the ground on Saturday night, why was he not well enough for non-contact training on Monday? I have the utmost respect for the Swans medical staff in their ability to keep our boys on the ground, but doesn't this sound a little strange?

NMWBloods
30th May 2006, 09:52 AM
Concussion can have a delayed effect so they are probably monitoring him for that.

swansrock4eva
30th May 2006, 10:24 AM
Spot on NMW. They often have a couple of tests for players and it's common for players to pass them at the game, thus being cleared to go back on and play, but find that the symptoms progress at some stage after that. Concussions are often very difficult to predict - you can get a guy cop the lightest knock that results in a severe concussion, while guys who cop the hardest knocks can bounce up no worries at all!

ScottH
30th May 2006, 10:31 AM
They only just realised his reaction times were a bit slow. :confused:

dendol
30th May 2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
They only just realised his reaction times were a bit slow. :confused:
The hit actually made his reaction times faster, which is not normal. Hence the concern.

NMWBloods
30th May 2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by dendol
The hit actually made his reaction times faster, which is not normal. Hence the concern. :D

dendol
30th May 2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
:D
Woohoo, my 1000th post!!! Sat on about 900 for a good 6 months, but glad to finally have made it. Thanks to the coaching staff for the faith they've shown in me and I also couldn't have done it without the love and support of my family and friends.

Am I now eligible for RWO Life membership (or something equally exciting)?

RogueSwan
30th May 2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by dendol
Woohoo, my 1000th post!!! Sat on about 900 for a good 6 months, but glad to finally have made it. Thanks to the coaching staff for the faith they've shown in me and I also couldn't have done it without the love and support of my family and friends.

Am I now eligible for RWO Life membership (or something equally exciting)?
I

RogueSwan
30th May 2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by RogueSwan
I
Still have

RogueSwan
30th May 2006, 01:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by RogueSwan
I

Still have
269 to go.

Pommie Swannie
30th May 2006, 01:25 PM
Roos is confident LRT will be playing:

"Roos is hoping Craig Bolton will be ready to return after missing his first game for the Swans last weekend with a hamstring injury and confirms Lewis Roberts-Thomson will be fine to tackle the Kangaroos after receiving a heavy knock to the face by Hawthorn?s Brent Guerra."

SOURCE (http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=269685)

hammo
30th May 2006, 01:29 PM
I was hoping LRT would use the week off to go and get a decent haircut.

hammo
30th May 2006, 01:33 PM
?I think the biggest disappointment when you are a young player is a Ben Mathews does a hamstring, a Craig Bolton does a hamstring, they know they are going to come straight back in,? Roos said today at a media conference.

Yes it doesn't quite make sense.

?The difficulty for a young player is they don?t want to give up their spot and if he misses three weeks he will have to fight his way back through the seconds.

If that prognosis doesn't cheer him up, nothing will! Looks like a hard slog in Canberra ahead for Malceski.

swannieserin
30th May 2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by hammo

If that prognosis doesn't cheer him up, nothing will! Looks like a hard slog in Canberra ahead for Malceski.

I don't know about that. Might play one game in Canberra as a fitness test but I think he'll get back into the 22 pretty quickly. He's too good not to play.

RogueSwan
30th May 2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by swannieserin
I don't know about that. Might play one game in Canberra as a fitness test but I think he'll get back into the 22 pretty quickly. He's too good not to play.
Let's hope so, he was looking good before the twang.

Pommie Swannie
30th May 2006, 02:06 PM
Agreed - he's definitely added some skill and invention that was missing from the middle.

NMWBloods
30th May 2006, 02:19 PM
?I think the biggest disappointment when you are a young player is a Ben Mathews does a hamstring, a Craig Bolton does a hamstring, they know they are going to come straight back in,? Roos said today at a media conference.

?The difficulty for a young player is they don?t want to give up their spot and if he misses three weeks he will have to fight his way back through the seconds. So they do pick on names not performance...

And we know how easy it is to move up from the seconds...

dendol
30th May 2006, 03:03 PM
moral of the story is: DO NOT GET INJURED

:frown

RogueSwan
30th May 2006, 03:04 PM
He should go and get it shaved. The he would be Lewis Roberts-Hall-Crouch-McVeigh-Thomson and confuse the hell out of Kevin Bartlett!

swannieserin
30th May 2006, 03:45 PM
He should go and get it shaved. The he would be Lewis Roberts-Hall-Crouch-McVeigh-Thomson and confuse the hell out of Kevin Bartlett!

I think you will all find that he had a haircut before the Hawks game, sporting a rather shortish and dead straight fringe ...

I think the longer hair looked better to be honest. Does anyone know what he looks like with a shaved head?

Pommie Swannie
30th May 2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by swannieserin
I think you will all find that he had a haircut before the Hawks game, sporting a rather shortish and dead straight fringe ...

I think the longer hair looked better to be honest. Does anyone know what he looks like with a shaved head?

Anyone handy with photoshop? :)

Ruck'n'Roll
30th May 2006, 04:17 PM
I think LRT should die his hair red and gell it again. I also think Ben Matthews should shave his hair like McVeigh etal and wear dark rimmed glasses!
In tuxedos too! (http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/BunsenBeaker.jpg)

S.U.D
30th May 2006, 04:21 PM

There's an idea, time off work for a haircut.

Where's that darned leave form???

RogueSwan
30th May 2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by S.U.D
There's an idea, time off work for a haircut.

Where's that darned leave form???
It is probably an OH&S issue. Might get stuck in the shredder or cause RSI from constantly brushing it from your face.

Benevolent Ert
30th May 2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Pommie Swannie
Anyone handy with photoshop? :)

Ask and you shall receive...

NMWBloods
30th May 2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Benevolent Ert
Ask and you shall receive... What did you do? :confused: It looks like nothing's changed. Seamless work!

BigBadBarryNo1
30th May 2006, 06:55 PM
Ah well give him a rest for concussion. Saw him with a bruise under his eye after the game.

Yeah a haircut would do him good, imagine if he could see that ball even clearer eh? :p

dendol
30th May 2006, 07:07 PM
that guerra knock was harder than we all thought. Look at the size of that shiner on his head!!!

dimelb
30th May 2006, 09:02 PM
Top of the pops!
And it's LRT with a bullet!

Tuesday
31st May 2006, 03:44 AM

Bless his little Tigerland heart, but Mr Bartlett (once again) alerted me to the fact we have a new player. This one, who looks remarkably like NOG, goes by the name of Luke Bolton. One can only assume we are to call him B3. ;)

Pommie Swannie
31st May 2006, 10:18 AM

Gold! :D