PDA

View Full Version : Rising Star Nominations Rules

Swansinger
12th June 2003, 08:08 PM
Could someone cure my ignorance concerning the nomination criteria ?
Can a player be nominated twice or more in one season ?

Thanks

j s
12th June 2003, 08:58 PM
No! There are 22 different nominations by the end of the season.

The nomination process is strange though, often a kid will get nominated in a week that hasn't actually been his best, obviously brownie points for good games can build up in earlier weeks. This is probably as it should be to make sure the best 22 are all nominated.

The final judging though is done on the whole season, not just the nominated game.

Has anyone got any stats on what round the eventual winners from each year were nominated? Have they all (or most) come from early rounds?

Swansinger
12th June 2003, 10:09 PM
Cheers JS.

It just seemed inequitable that a kid could have an absolute blinder and still concede the nomination to another , but ok from your explanation then it seems fair enough.

Charlie
13th June 2003, 09:30 AM
I don't have the exact figures in front of me... but usually the winner comes from an early round.

desredandwhite
13th June 2003, 09:50 AM
Makes sense. if a player is nominated early it usually means

a) they have a better chance of playing more games, improving exposure

b) They would be a standout in the first place.

sharp9
13th June 2003, 12:00 PM
They definitely pay it on several games (usually) ie Osborne for the Hawks. And Goddard and Schneider got theirs a week or two after having blinders.

On the other hand Brennan got his after his first game!

sharp9
13th June 2003, 12:02 PM
You can only get nominated if you have played less than eleven games at the start of the season and you must not have turned 21 by Jan 1 of the season.