ItsAllGoodes
25th July 2006, 11:20 AM
Reg fails to receive a nomination for Rising Star

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=283580

Hopefully he can put in some more good games and earn the recognition

Well done Reg on a great debut...may it be the first of 200 games

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 11:33 AM
They haven't "snubbed" him. I don't think anyone gets a nomination after a single game.

"[Chaplin] has played 13 out of a possible 16 matches this year."

ItsAllGoodes
25th July 2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
They haven't "snubbed" him. I don't think anyone gets a nomination after a single game.

"[Chaplin] has played 13 out of a possible 16 matches this year."

Granted Chaplin has played 13 games...and on stats alone he seems to have played some very good games. But its not without precedent for a first gamer to be nominated.

At least two this year so far - Marc Murphy was nominated after his first game in Round 1 (17 possessions, 1 goal), Dean Polo (Richmond) was nominated in Round 6 after his first game

Maybe snubbed is too strong, and maybe Chaplin is a worthy nominee - I just hope Heath can put in some good performances over the next 6 games and get a nomination

monopoly19
25th July 2006, 11:48 AM

Dean Polo did.

ETA: Oops, too late.

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 11:49 AM
I reckon if he had kicked 5 he would have been nominated, but he did play a great game for his first.:D

Sanecow
25th July 2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I reckon if he had kicked 5 he would have been nominated, but he did play a great game for his first.:D

Where the bloody hell have you been?

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
At least two this year so far - Marc Murphy was nominated after his first game in Round 1 (17 possessions, 1 goal),Someone has to in the first round.

Dean Polo (Richmond) was nominated in Round 6 after his first gameThere are occasional exceptions, and 28 possessions, 3 goals is rather handy.

A few more games like his first and Grundy will get one.

Mike_B
25th July 2006, 11:58 AM
It's very rare to have a player nomianted after their first game unless its Rd 1/2 of a season when many potential nominees are playing their first game.

Once it gets to mid-season, they typically give out nominations based on a string of solid games rather than just the one. If reg can put in another game or two like he did on Sat night you can be certain he will get a gong.

Jeffers1984
25th July 2006, 12:18 PM
Are people forgetting Jarred Brennan and Andrew Walker? All had ripper first games and got nominated but haven't produced near that capacity since.

Grundy will get his eventually but i'd rather he do it consistently for 3-5 weeks than a one off.

Don't discount Phillips getting one by the end of the year either....

ItsAllGoodes
25th July 2006, 12:26 PM
Someone has to in the first round.

Actually someone doesnt have to get a nomination in their debut game in Round 1. The nominee could easily be someone who played some games in the previous season

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Where the bloody hell have you been? We moved house, then Telstra stuffed up our Broadband. 3 days without internet became 12 days,:mad:

Sanecow
25th July 2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
We moved house, then Telstra stuffed up our Broadband. 3 days without internet became 12 days,:mad:

Des deleted all our posts in that period anyway.

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 12:33 PM
He said it was so that GS14 didn't feel left out.

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Des deleted all our posts in that period anyway. So it was RWO as usual.;) ...Except I can't read the threads about what a @@@@head McLaren is and that James Hird was soft on him when he called McLaren pathetic.:mad: