PDA

View Full Version : Will Doyle be promoted this week ?

barry
25th July 2006, 05:21 PM
Will Doyle start his long awaited comeback to the seniors against Port ?

ugg
25th July 2006, 05:34 PM
I believe the naming of Chambers among the best reserve players (:rolleyes) is a pointer to him being named this week. (See Mathews a few weeks ago).

satchmopugdog
25th July 2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by ugg
I believe the naming of Chambers among the best reserve players (:rolleyes) is a pointer to him being named this week. (See Mathews a few weeks ago).

OMG

Destructive
25th July 2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by barry
Will Doyle start his long awaited comeback to the seniors against Port ?

I don't think so.

Carolyn
25th July 2006, 07:02 PM
Will Doyle start his long awaited comeback to the seniors against Port ? Unfortunately, no.:frown

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 07:37 PM
No, and neither will Ben Mathews!;)

barry
25th July 2006, 07:59 PM
He's got to play. We cant keep relying on Jolly. If he doesnt cop and injury he'll probably need a rest before the finals, so what do we do then. Have LRT and Richards share ruck.?

We need to blood other ruck options now. Chambers has failed. Next cab off the rank. There arent many games left to experiment with.

Doyle must play.

Boodnutz
25th July 2006, 08:08 PM
He's got to play. We cant keep relying on Jolly. If he doesnt cop and injury he'll probably need a rest before the finals, so what do we do then. Have LRT and Richards share ruck.?

We need to blood other ruck options now. Chambers has failed. Next cab off the rank. There arent many games left to experiment with.

Doyle must play. Roos said in the SMH that he felt another ruckman would be promoted. If Doyle is fit there surely can't be any doubt it will be him. And it would be timely. Lade is having a great season, Jolly's not up to matching him on his own.

TheHood
25th July 2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Boodnutz
Roos said in the SMH that he felt another ruckman would be promoted. If Doyle is fit there surely can't be any doubt it will be him. And it would be timely. Lade is having a great season, Jolly's not up to matching him on his own.

Sadly I don't think Doyle and Jolly would be up to Lade either.

Boodnutz
25th July 2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
Sadly I don't think Doyle and Jolly would be up to Lade either. You're probably right.

elroy67
25th July 2006, 08:53 PM
It will be interesting to see which way Port go here. With Brogan out, the next ruck is Deluca who has only played 3 games this year.

Port could go with Cornes as 2nd ruck which means we'd probably keep the Teddy/Goodes combo going, but if we play Torch or Donkey neither would be able to run with Lade/Deluca.

I'd be suprised if either Chambers or Doyle play but expect one or the other to be named as an emergency.

sydneyswans1989
25th July 2006, 09:00 PM
If will be a sad night for us all if Chambers gets the green light, the swans need to start getting serious.

Doyle is a good option ( better option than chambers) he might be able to do something good for us only if he keeps himself injury free.

What about shaw?

stellation
25th July 2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
If will be a sad night for us all if Chambers gets the green light, the swans need to start getting serious.

Doyle is a good option ( better option than chambers) he might be able to do something good for us only if he keeps himself injury free.

What about shaw?
I saw the performance of the ruckmen in the magoos on the weekend as
1. Doyle
2. Chambers
3. Shaw
Ericksen played more as a (very) tall forward.

Carolyn
25th July 2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
What about shaw? I hope he gets a game in the seniors. Apparently he kicked 4 goals for the Reserves last time...

Ajn
26th July 2006, 12:54 AM
what about LRT...tredrea won't pay so no need for him to be stuck in backline

Made his ruck debut against Port a couple of years ago....and did well!

bandwagon
26th July 2006, 11:01 AM

Doyle must play.

Everything barry said.

adnar
26th July 2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by stellation
I saw the performance of the ruckmen in the magoos on the weekend as
1. Doyle
2. Chambers
3. Shaw
Ericksen played more as a (very) tall forward.

I don't think Shaw or Ericksen are genuinly being considered because those 2 and Rowe didn't ruck at all, just swapped between CHF and FF and bench.

mocaholic
26th July 2006, 02:16 PM
I'd like to see Doyle play. Makes us top heavy though with Mathews out for Grundy last week and Doyle in for Fossie this week. Alternatively they drop SuperTed, lose Fosdike with injury and bring in Willoughbidt and Doyle.

So:
Dempster Barry Bevan
Kennelly LRT Bolton
Kirk Ablett Malceski
O'Keeffe Hall McVeigh
Schneider MOL Buchanan

Jolly Bolton Goodes

Grundy Phillips Doyle Schmidt

I'm just considering the recent selections of Mal, Grundy & Phillips, and whether adding both Schmidt and Doyle to the team gives an unacceptable ratio of relative inexperience / lack of game time for Roos. He's never been one to play the kids. Not bad balance though, although we may be one tall backman short. Then again, with Tredrea not playing, who knows.