PDA

View Full Version : Not A Worry Umps

sydneyswans1989
1st August 2006, 10:53 AM
I was lucky enough last night to train with the AFL umpires at Monash University Clayton.

I found that Michael Vozzo ( my program mentor) & Justin Schmidt are doing our game this weekend so we shouldn't have much to worry about.

Not sure who the 3rd umpire is though. Im just glad Mclaren isn't doing our game even though his a very nice bloke.

:D

GB85
1st August 2006, 01:50 PM
I think it would be interesting to see the free kick tally in a Swans game umpired by McLaren, McBurney and Goldspink? 38-5? I dread the day this happens.

Wardy
1st August 2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
I was lucky enough last night to train with the AFL umpires at Monash University Clayton.

I found that Michael Vozzo ( my program mentor) & Justin Schmidt are doing our game this weekend so we shouldn't have much to worry about.

Not sure who the 3rd umpire is though. Im just glad Mclaren isn't doing our game even though his a very nice bloke.

:D

Was Goldy there? next time - can you try to trip him over during training please;)

hammo
1st August 2006, 01:54 PM
As bad as Goldspink is he was pretty fair in the GF when he just let play flow. He redeemed himself partly on that day in my eyes.

Wardy
1st August 2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by hammo
As bad as Goldspink is he was pretty fair in the GF when he just let play flow. He redeemed himself partly on that day in my eyes.
He did only for one day - he has since gone back to his "I've made the wrong decisions, But I will never admit it" ways.

punter257
1st August 2006, 01:58 PM
cam mooney or campbell brown will snap and belt one these guys soon

barry
1st August 2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by hammo

Goldspink is bad for everyone, except Essendon, so I can tollerate him.

McLaren is the only one I fear. Very anti-swans.

Missy
1st August 2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by punter257
cam mooney or campbell brown will snap and belt one these guys soon

I would love to see Campie smash Goldstink. Fantastic viewing.

Matt79
1st August 2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by barry
Goldspink is bad for everyone, except Essendon, so I can tollerate him.

McLaren is the only one I fear. Very anti-swans.

Totally agree..McLaren is a discrace.

cruiser
1st August 2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Matt79
Totally agree..McLaren is a discrace. His is scum.

Sanecow
1st August 2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
His is scum.

He are a rutten pice of shut.

goswannie14
1st August 2006, 07:15 PM
His is scum. Given his form in the PF last year and in the game against WCE 2 weeks ago, I would say scum is being lenient Cruiser.;)

swantastic
1st August 2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Wardy
Was Goldy there? next time - can you try to trip him over during training please;) Is that all i was thinking a punch in the head might just do the trick.:D

sydneyswans1989
2nd August 2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah Goldy turned up late actually, no surprize there.

Wardy
2nd August 2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah Goldy turned up late actually, no surprize there.
fashionably late of course.

goswannie14
2nd August 2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah Goldy turned up late actually, no surprize there. Just like his umpiring.

Is turning up late against team rules? If so, is he going to umpire in the ressies this week?;)

cruiser
2nd August 2006, 02:02 PM
I'd prefer having Goldspink over McLaren any time. McLaren is loathesome scum. I really hope he umpires one of our remaining home and away games so I can tell him what I think of him.

mod edit: Highly offensive word deleted. Please don't avoid the swear filter.

swantastic
2nd August 2006, 03:44 PM
I'd prefer having Goldspink over McLaren any time. McLaren is loathesome scum. I really hope he umpires one of our remaining home and away games so I can tell him what I think of him.

mod edit: Highly offensive word deleted. Please don't avoid the swear filter. That highly offensive word would have been appropriate in that context.;)

sydneyswans1989
2nd August 2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Just like his umpiring.

Is turning up late against team rules? If so, is he going to umpire in the ressies this week?;)

They are cutting him some slack because he had a 'big' 350th game.

Matty James will be out this week, injuryed his calf in the last quarter of the dees dogs match.

terzzo
2nd August 2006, 09:41 PM
Sorry, got to disagree - Vozzo nan=me starts with the wrong letter and Schmidt has a couple to many in his

undy
2nd August 2006, 11:37 PM
We may think that we get dudded by the umpires (and we do) but we've been travelling infrequently through the tribunal system in recent times. Just the odd Willo tripping with intent to kill and a Monty wrestling charge in the season proper.

Why is it so ?

originalswan
3rd August 2006, 01:09 PM
Hmmm McLaren - You guys would be surprised to know the team that he actually has a soft spot for.

sydneyswans1989
3rd August 2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by originalswan
Hmmm McLaren - You guys would be surprised to know the team that he actually has a soft spot for.

Better not be wet toast!