PDA

View Full Version : Talkin Caro Again!

anniswan
17th June 2003, 12:03 AM
Greg Stafford on the couch, having a really good chat about how well the Swans are doing and friggin Caro has to shoot straight back to Richmond's woes.

Stafford said that Stewie was really out of favour at the club a few years back and decided to turn it around by an incredible training regime.

Caro said that Stewie reminded her of Francis Burke.

AS

scurrilous
17th June 2003, 12:04 AM
But he was bald!

liz
17th June 2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by anniswan

Stafford said that Stewie was really out of favour at the club a few years back and decided to turn it around by an incredable training regime.

AS

Still another hour or so to go before we are blessed with Talking Caro up here in the football media wilderness...

Have to admit that in 1998 I thought Maxfield was a gonner - didn't look to have any stamina and Eade seemed to have lost confidence in him. Even when he was on the ground he played very wide of the contests - the ultimate receiver.

It's amazing how he started to turn things around - starting with that phenomenal game against North in r4 1999 - and since then has just got better and better. Although he still has that turn of speed that works well on the flanks, he seems to have become a far more physical player in recent year and isn't afraid to get in and under contests when he feels like it.

NMWBloods
17th June 2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by scurrilous
But he was bald!

No he wasn't - he had full head of black hair! He owned our local newsagent in Canterbury in the early 90s.

NMWBloods
17th June 2003, 12:51 AM
Have to admit that in 1998 I thought Maxfield was a gonner - didn't look to have any stamina and Eade seemed to have lost confidence in him. Even when he was on the ground he played very wide of the contests - the ultimate receiver.

Wasn't that the year he bulked up too much and lost a lot of his speed?

NMWBloods
17th June 2003, 01:30 AM
Grrr :mad: I can't watch it any more as she annoys the sh|t out of me!! Before the break, every contribution to the conversation was about mgmt, boards, pay or Richmond. The Stafford talk was surprisingly good (I normally hate player interviews) but she just kept asking silly questions and always brought it back to Richmond when the others want to discuss other sides. She is so @@@@@ing annoying. And she's married - how did that happen!?!?!

j s
17th June 2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
And she's married - how did that happen!?!?!
It obviously wasn't the hair style (if you can call it that)!!

Charlie
17th June 2003, 09:13 AM
I was just hopping on here to post about this... her reaction to when Tim started saying something good about us was classic!!! Here's a step-by-step replay for those that missed that timeless moment in Talking Footy history. This all occurred within about 7 seconds, despite how long it takes to tell it...

1) Tim starts to talk to Bruce about how good the Swans are. Camera pans to include Caro in the shot.

2) Caro becomes aware, having somehow averted her gaze from Stafford, that the subject is the Swans, and it's not politically disastrous. The face sets.

3) Hint of a botox leak, if you look close enough, as Caro glares at Tim. No... wait... it's Selley's No More Gaps.

4) Caro apparently realises that the Selley's is leaking... because the eyes narrow. She directs a look of pure hatred for the words still coming out of Tim's mouth. Hey... he's looking at Bruce, after all.

5) Bruce mumbles something... he's agreeing with TIM!

6) Caro starts to fidget. Tim's still talking... her "professionalism" couldn't allow her to cut him off yet. She shuffles her feet, wriggles in her seat... shifts her coffee from one hand to another.

7) Caro almost drops the coffee because she's fidgeting. Juggles the coffee and narrowly avoids it tipping all over her trousers. Pity... they'd have had the same colour stain as her mouth... considering all the effluent that comes out of there.

8) TIM'S STOPPED FOR BREATH! QUICK!

9) Caro almost recovers her dignity from the coffee near-miss, and get's her balance while flapping her right arm in Stafford's direction. Tim's breath has given her the perfect opportunity.

10) In only half the time it takes to say "dogface" Caro has capitalised on Tim's breath and shouted "GETTING THE SUBJECT BACK ON TO RICHMOND..."

Well done Caro... exceeded yourself once again! Top work!

Jon
17th June 2003, 10:59 AM
LOL, Charlie.

That's pretty much EXACTLY how it ran.

Diego
17th June 2003, 11:07 AM
Charlie that's gold!!

I stopped watching Talking Caro b/c it was not worth me staying up after midnight for no mention of the swans.

The worst thing TF could have done was appoint this shemale. I liked it when Malcolm Blight was on the couch. And Tim Lane wasn't a bad host either.

But friggen Caro... :mad: :mad:

Brucey babies eyes sparkle when one of the elite players of the comp is seated across from him. Like a 9 yold in complete awe of his footy idol. (Refer to Andrew McLeod interview)

penga
17th June 2003, 12:42 PM
ive never watched the show but u guys are wetting my apettite to watch it so i can come on here and ridicule it :D

Triple B
17th June 2003, 02:27 PM
The reference to Maxfield looking like Francis Burke was said when the vision of blood was p!ssing out of his head and his face was covered in blood.

Francis Burke played a famous match absolutely leaking and covered in blood, pre blood-rule days. I'm sure Reggi or DrJ and probably many other of the more mature posters can remember the match.

It had nothing to do with them actually looking alike. They are like chalk and cheese!!!

PS. The Caro topic diversion WAS a classic. That girl has a great head for radio!

NMWBloods
17th June 2003, 02:39 PM
The reference to Maxfield looking like Francis Burke was said when the vision of blood was p!ssing out of his head and his face was covered in blood.

Francis Burke played a famous match absolutely leaking and covered in blood, pre blood-rule days.

I recall this. I think it was in '74. He was one tough nut!!