PDA

View Full Version : Geelong v Swans seating

Grant
9th August 2006, 12:06 AM
I think there is no seats available at all!

all i can manage to see available is General Admission,which i think is only standing room.Any one confirm it?

australian_made
9th August 2006, 12:37 AM
I got seats this morning via Ticketmaster. Section 35, Row K, near the opposition race.

I tried getting them through the club last week but their allocation sold out too quickly.

Nolie
9th August 2006, 02:07 AM
But the Geelong game is weeks away - why would the seats be being sold out now? I am concerned because I want to go to that game and all I've got is the mebership pass. Will that get me into the game and where?

Nolie
9th August 2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Nolie
But the Geelong game is weeks away - why would the seats be being sold out now? I am concerned because I want to go to that game and all I've got is the mebership pass. Will that get me into the game and where?

Sorry - ignore this post - I was thinking about the Carlton game!

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 05:57 AM
I'm just going to try my luckwith GA on the day.

elroy67
9th August 2006, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I'm just going to try my luckwith GA on the day.

I'm doing the same. The only seats I could purchase online were $46 in the hickey stand (southern end) and not even under cover!

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by elroy67
I'm doing the same. The only seats I could purchase online were $46 in the hickey stand (southern end) and not even under cover! You'd be taking our life into your own hands down there.:eek:

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 06:37 AM
Stupid Ticketmaster site, won't accept my membership barcode number.:mad:

Old Royboy
9th August 2006, 11:32 AM
I bought my seat this morning, no problem. (unless it rains) Can anybody tell me which is the Doug Wade Stand?

sydneyswans1989
9th August 2006, 11:37 AM
I sure if you have a basic melbourne membership or a full membership then it's first in best dressed for the turn up on the day.

elroy67
9th August 2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
I sure if you have a basic melbourne membership or a full membership then it's first in best dressed for the turn up on the day.

I just rang the Melbourne office and Rebecca confirmed that there are 1500 general admission seats which are released on the day, and after they have gone there is standing room available but did not give an idea of capacity. You only need to take your membership card to access these.

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
I bought my seat this morning, no problem. (unless it rains) Can anybody tell me which is the Doug Wade Stand? Its the one at the end opposite the open terraces, behind the goals. If you're sitting there as a Swans supporter, good luck. Mind you that probably applies to the whole ground.;) I'll still take my luck with the GA seats or standing room.

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 12:58 PM
I just rang the Melbourne office and Rebecca confirmed that there are 1500 general admission seats which are released on the day, and after they have gone there is standing room available but did not give an idea of capacity. You only need to take your membership card to access these. Does this mean that you need to get a ticket on the day, or that there are 1500 seats in an area and it's first in first served?

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th August 2006, 01:16 PM
You'd be taking our life into your own hands down there.:eek:

Only if they thing you are a sheep and set the drover's dogs onto you.

I find Geelong fans the most comotose in the league. Hell, after goals they don't even yell & cheer. They just sit there & clap. :confused:

Geelong is a strange place to watch the footy. A country team still in the AFL. :eek:

JF

elroy67
9th August 2006, 02:36 PM
Does this mean that you need to get a ticket on the day, or that there are 1500 seats in an area and it's first in first served?

I'm not sure what you mean here, but accept that what I originally posted might be misleading.

You need a ticket to go to the footy (AFL anyway) and that may take the form of a ticket you buy at the gate or using your membership card to get past the large men (or women) who would otherwise refuse you entry.

My understanding is that for the first 1500 there are seats after that there is standing room.

The plus is that due to a curtain raiser game the gates open at 10:15 so if you are there nice and early to get a seat you will have something to watch.

BTW if you are driving down from Pucka, did you want to pick me up on the way? :)

Thunder Shaker
9th August 2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
I find Geelong fans the most comotose in the league. Hell, after goals they don't even yell & cheer. They just sit there & clap. :confused:
Probably because they can't honk their horns after a goal like they can do at real country football games.

BeeEmmAre
9th August 2006, 05:40 PM
You'd be taking our life into your own hands down there.:eek:

I sat there on my only trip to Kardinia Park in 1999 - All decked out in my Swans' gear, surrounded by 5000 Cats and cheering like buggery.
Got a few nasty looks and my Dad (a North supporter - everyone needs a fault) slunk further and further into his seat as the Swans got further in front and I got louder and louder.
First goal after three quarter time put us 31 points up and an old man of 70-odd in front of me turned, gave me his 50th nasty look, got up and left.
I smiled and cheered some more.
The next goal came about five minutes later and his wife stood, gave me the same nasty look, and followed her husband.
I put my feet up.
It was absolutely fantastic, and apart from those few nasty looks, their claws were about as sharp as their team's on the day.
Don't be worried about the Cats' supporters, they are prepared to give you the greatest thrill of going to a footy match - watching them leave before the finish.

PS we won by 43 points and Plugger kicked seven.
And a young forward by the name of Brett O'Farrell kicked seven or eight in a big win for the seconds earlier on.
It was a very enjoyable five hour drive home!

swantastic
9th August 2006, 05:42 PM
I got reserved seats today for game under cover Doug Wade Stand $100 2 tickets.

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 08:04 PM

BTW if you are driving down from Pucka, did you want to pick me up on the way? :) That could be a possibility, depends if Mrs gs14 wants to come or not. I'll let you know.

BTW where do you live?

swantastic
9th August 2006, 08:07 PM
That could be a possibility, depends if Mrs gs14 wants to come or not. I'll let you know.

BTW where do you live? Ah just tell her to do what your location says.;)

swantastic
9th August 2006, 09:26 PM
GFC still have tickets,they will release them thursday before the game to there members only,and the left over go to the general public on the friday.

goswannie14
17th August 2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
GFC still have tickets,they will release them thursday before the game to there members only,and the left over go to the general public on the friday. According to Ticketmaster now I can get a members ticket for 21.50 in section 5. Anyone else going to be around that area?

EDIT Bugger...every time I look I have different seat. I want the cheap ones again!

swantastic
19th August 2006, 10:37 AM
According to Ticketmaster now I can get a members ticket for 21.50 in section 5. Anyone else going to be around that area?

EDIT Bugger...every time I look I have different seat. I want the cheap ones again! Are you goin to game GS14?