PDA

View Full Version : When will Baulkham Hills Choke?

humphrey bear
17th August 2006, 12:34 PM
When will the inevitable occur?

BeeEmmAre
17th August 2006, 12:59 PM
If you reckon they will choke, why haven't you voted for that?

Junior
17th August 2006, 01:50 PM
Writing that last option really hurt you didn't it HB.

Reality_check_1
17th August 2006, 02:00 PM
The inevitable will occurr on Grand Final Day.

i am assuming you are suggesting that it is inevitable that the coasters will hold the cup aloft...

Adroit
17th August 2006, 02:08 PM
Based on their 1st grade record over the last 5 years at least, I can't see it possible for Baulkham Hills to choke. I can't find them on the sydneyafl website. No results or no position on the ladder ? Maybe I have fallen asleep on my hand like HB ??

nugget
17th August 2006, 02:18 PM
The eagles are really hurting you aren't they humphrey.

No the eagles don't have the grand final wrapped up but how can it be inevitable that they will choke?

They haven't played finals yet so there's no history of choking in the big ones.

humphrey bear
17th August 2006, 05:12 PM
They will choke.

Norris Lurker
17th August 2006, 05:22 PM
It's certainly possible that it could go horribly wrong for the Eagles during the finals. We only have to look to Wests last year or North Shore in 2003 for examples of that.
After 2003's shock loss, North Shore bounced back to take the next year; and it's possible that Wests could do the same. Or maybe Penno or St George could come through the pack to take the title like North Shore did last year.

But it would take a brave pundit to tip against the Eagles taking out the flag. Braver than me - I can't see the Eagles losing. They've played great footy this year.

I_Heart_Kefalas
17th August 2006, 05:44 PM
Ill attempt to be serious for one moment without giving Kef a plug and state that i reckon nobody has the depth or talent across the park to go close to ECE this year.

ECE will win by 10 goals in the GF.

El Gato
17th August 2006, 05:47 PM
Their results this year shows that the Eagles have recruited very well and I would expect that a number of these recruits would have played finals footy elsewhere.

Viewing Wests results over the past few weeks, they look to have some big name players striking form, MacPherson and Withers just to name a couple.

I also notice that they had some players in their ressies last week that have been mainly one's players this year so they may have some pretty strong back-up at the right time of the season.

Cazaly
17th August 2006, 05:48 PM
Humphrey,

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

16th president of USA (1809 - 1865)

Coastal Boy
17th August 2006, 05:52 PM
I aint counting out either Penno or Wests. Semi final football is a whole different caper to home-and-away. None of the top four have a great recent finals record which makes it interesting.

nugget
17th August 2006, 05:52 PM
The bear may yet be right BUT it'd be a brave man to back against the eagles and there's no real signs yet that the eagles will choke. The pressure is definately on them to win from here.

House
17th August 2006, 06:06 PM
Bear,

How about we make things interesting. You regulary bag the hell out of ECE and to be truthful most people are over your uneducated views on football and in particular your constant critisism of the eagles. I reckon we should set up a little side bet for the benifit of RedandWhiteonline. I believe if the eagles some how manage to sneak into the Grand Final and then somehow fluke a premiership that you should leave R&WO and never come back. Not ever return to this site, not even to leave a positive mesage regarding the ECE. That is my challenge to you. I will wait with interest your response of what you would like me to do if East Coast choke or lose the Grand Final.

humphrey bear
17th August 2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by House
Bear,

How about we make things interesting. You regulary bag the hell out of ECE and to be truthful most people are over your uneducated views on football and in particular your constant critisism of the eagles. I reckon we should set up a little side bet for the benifit of RedandWhiteonline. I believe if the eagles some how manage to sneak into the Grand Final and then somehow fluke a premiership that you should leave R&WO and never come back. Not ever return to this site, not even to leave a positive mesage regarding the ECE. That is my challenge to you. I will wait with interest your response of what you would like me to do if East Coast choke or lose the Grand Final.

Done

When the Eagles lose I dont expect you to do anything because I am sure if I accepted a bet that was such a sure thing I could be charged with taking advantaged of those less fortunate than me.

Just think of me in my bear suit laughing all summer when you are running lap after lap wondering what went wrong.

Hammer&Tongs
17th August 2006, 11:30 PM
Who are Baulkham Hills???

Humphrey bear didn't talk on TV, so why don't you zip it!!

humphrey bear
9th September 2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by humphrey bear
They will choke.

Are you a mute bear who doesn't wear pants or a fortune teller?

humphrey bear
9th September 2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by humphrey bear
Done

When the Eagles lose I dont expect you to do anything because I am sure if I accepted a bet that was such a sure thing I could be charged with taking advantaged of those less fortunate than me.

Just think of me in my bear suit laughing all summer when you are running lap after lap wondering what went wrong.

How did that bear know?