PDA

View Full Version : WC/Freo/Sydney

PerthSwannie
21st August 2006, 09:19 PM
Now.

It looks as though (I hate to say this) we need WC to beat Freo this Sunday to get back in the top 4. That`s unless Freo win and Melb lose??

Is that right?

573v30
21st August 2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PerthSwannie
Now.

It looks as though (I hate to say this) we need WC to beat Freo this Sunday to get back in the top 4. That`s unless Freo win and Melb lose??

Is that right? As long as Melbourne don't win both against Adelaide and Geelong and Sydney wins the last two, we're in the four...

BeeEmmAre
21st August 2006, 11:18 PM
If we win both and Freo and Melbourne lose one each - we will finish third.

goswannie14
22nd August 2006, 07:21 AM
It would be good to not have any Victorian teams in the top fourat the end of the H&A season.

JF_Bay22_SCG
22nd August 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
It would be good to not have any Victorian teams in the top fourat the end of the H&A season.

Not if you are trying to organise getting to the finals. What is worse that one trip to WA, TWO BLOODY TRIPS TO WA!

If I travel 5 hours on a bloody plane, I may as well go to Bali or somewhere interesting. :rolleyes:

JF

Sanecow, can I stay at your place!? ;)

hammo
22nd August 2006, 12:48 PM
Best result is for Melbourne to lose to Geelong, or for both Melbourne and Freo to lose and us and a Vic team to make top 4.

With Adelaide faltering it would be good to play them first up in the 2 v 3 final.

If we win, then its a home prelim.

If we lose, I'd rather our PF to be at the MCG, where we play well, than to have to travel to Perth. That's why we need one of the Vic teams to finish 4th and to knock off the Weagles in week 1.

Tuco
22nd August 2006, 12:59 PM
Correct. We're sweating on other results - assuming we're not going to collapse against Carlton or the Lions.

I'm quietly confident that the 4th spot will still find it's way to the boys.

But I think we should all steel ourselves for another month of hard yakka and unlikely upsets if we're going to make an impression in these finals.

cruiser
22nd August 2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
It would be good to not have any Victorian teams in the top fourat the end of the H&A season. Is that treason coming from a Victorian ;) ? Seriously, I wish a Vic team would finish top 2 to increase our chance of playing a final at the MCG where we now have a good record, our players are more confident of winning there, there's significantly more support than anywhere other than in Sydney and, as JF says, its a lot bloody easier for us Sydney based supporters to get to.

goswannie14
22nd August 2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Is that treason coming from a Victorian ;) ? Seriously, I wish a Vic team would finish top 2 to increase our chance of playing a final at the MCG where we now have a good record, our players are more confident of winning there, there's significantly more support than anywhere other than in Sydney and, as JF says, its a lot bloody easier for us Sydney based supporters to get to. Yep, they're burning my "Big V" jumper as we speak.:eek:

PerthSwannie
22nd August 2006, 05:53 PM
I think this question has come up before, but would we be better off playing WC or Adel in the first week? Both teams seem to give us grief away from home!

robamiee
23rd August 2006, 12:00 AM
That is the big ?
if we win one and Freo or Melb lose one, we go into Third.
So we need for us to win both and Freo and / or Melb to lose one and it dont matter if they win the other.
I dare say, Freo may just beat WC, but i think for all concerned if Melb lose 2 (Cats @ SS and Crows @ AAMI)
Freo lose to WC and we win both, the great thing about that is After Freo & WC bash each other this week and then again in the first series of the finals, even if we lose to adelaide and have to come to Subi, either WC or Freo will be battered and brusied and tired from their 2 derby's within 2 weeks of each other.

Hope all the jibberish makes sense.

nomae
23rd August 2006, 07:50 PM
this is what i hope the top four will be:
wet toast
adelaide
sydney
freo (:eek: )
now what would need to happen for this to come about? us winning both, melbourne losing both while freo lose one match? because i can see that happening... wouldnt a wc V freo final be awesome? :D

PerthSwannie
23rd August 2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by nomae
wet toast
adelaide
sydney
now what would need to happen for this to come about? us winning both, melbourne losing both while freo lose one match? because i can see that happening... wouldnt a wc V freo final be awesome? :D

I`m now really leaning towards a Swan/Adel final & a WC/Freo. The promoters over here don`t want WC/Freo because they`d get 2 games here if it was seperate. I think that Freo could really rattle WC, and could you imagine Freo kicking WC`s arses in a final??
lets just hope Melb drop a game or two................

Grant
23rd August 2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by nomae
wet toast
adelaide
sydney

But if Freo lose one and Melb lose one(or 2 for that matter)then Pies or saints will waltz straight past them into the 4.Collingwood has the easiest run in(although whats easy when they lost to Ess and nearly Port) so i am tipping the 4 finish

WC
Crows
Swans
Pies

But talking to all my collingwood feral mates,they would rather play crows in adel and we would probably rather play WC in perth.
but i cant see that happening they would need a huge percentage booster to get above us.

australian_made
23rd August 2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Grant
But if Freo lose one and Melb lose one(or 2 for that matter)then Pies or saints will waltz straight past them into the 4.Collingwood has the easiest run in(although whats easy when they lost to Ess and nearly Port) so i am tipping the 4 finish

WC
Crows
Swans
Pies

But talking to all my collingwood feral mates,they would rather play crows in adel and we would probably rather play WC in perth.
but i cant see that happening they would need a huge percentage booster to get above us. According to the NAB Finals calculator: If we scrape home by 12 pts or less in both our games, and the Pies win by 60 in BOTH of thier games, they will finish 1% above us and snatch 3rd.

573v30
24th August 2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by australian_made
According to the NAB Finals calculator: If we scrape home by 12 pts or less in both our games, and the Pies win by 60 in BOTH of thier games, they will finish 1% above us and snatch 3rd. Given the "crap" opposition we're facing and Collingwood's form recently, it's a very slim chance the Pies will finish 3rd...