PDA

View Full Version : LRT out + Mathews in = Vogels ?

ROK Lobster
26th August 2006, 11:14 PM
Where to for Voges. Reg has his fwd spot, ted has his back one. Is it back to the bush for Luke?

goswannie14
26th August 2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Where to for Voges. Reg has his fwd spot, ted has his back one. Is it back to the bush for Luke? Only if he takes Mathews with him.;)

NMWBloods
26th August 2006, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately I suspect that Vogels' opportunity is gone. Seems a shame as he appeared pretty talented.

swantastic
26th August 2006, 11:22 PM
Dempster out=Vogels in
LRT in=Bevan out IMHO;)

robbieando
26th August 2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
Dempster out=Vogels in
LRT in=Bevan out IMHO;)

So what about Luke Ablett???

As for Vogels post this season, I say you can't have enough depth in the key positions which after Vogels and Matthew Davis we have no one else on the senior list who can play in the key positions who we don't already have in the senior side (save for LRT who was injured tonight and would be in the seniors otherwise).

We would be crazy to get rid of him without making sure we got depth to cover his lost first and to be honest how many first year players are going to be out there that could cover his lost. Keep him

swantastic
26th August 2006, 11:59 PM
Dempster out=Vogels in
LRT in=Bevan out IMHO;) OK Dempster out=Ablett in

woo
27th August 2006, 12:22 AM
does someone know why ablett and LRT were out.....my radio wasn't working at the game and no one around me knew either

BLT
27th August 2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by woo
does someone know why ablett and LRT were out.....my radio wasn't working at the game and no one around me knew either

Bring back BLT - we really missed him tonight....guess i'll have to concede - Goodsey BOG

ugg
27th August 2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Unfortunately I suspect that Vogels' opportunity is gone. Seems a shame as he appeared pretty talented.

I hope you mean for this season. We would be crazy to delist or trade him.

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by ugg
I hope you mean for this season. We would be crazy to delist or trade him. I hope not, but I have an uncomfortable feeling that we may get rid of him.

ugg
27th August 2006, 12:42 AM
How have you come to that conclusion? He's on the fringe of the seniors at the moment and probably should be in it but for Ted Richards getting a bit of a helping hand from the coaches (Admittedly, Ted's playing well ATM).

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by BLT
Bring back BLT - we really missed him tonight Who is BLT?

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by ugg
How have you come to that conclusion? He's on the fringe of the seniors at the moment and probably should be in it but for Ted Richards getting a bit of a helping hand from the coaches (Admittedly, Ted's playing well ATM). Dunno. Just a feeling that he's only been used sparingly.

swantastic
27th August 2006, 01:05 AM
Who is BLT? Bacon,Lettuce and Tomato.....Der:rolleyes:

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 01:17 AM
Bacon,Lettuce and Tomato.....Der:rolleyes: That's a 'who' is it...? :rolleyes:

swantastic
27th August 2006, 01:22 AM
That's a 'who' is it...? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Joke joyce

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 01:31 AM
:rolleyes: Joke joyce Yes, but you didn't need to use :rolleyes: .

swantastic
27th August 2006, 01:40 AM
Yes, but you didn't need to use :rolleyes: . Its the in thing,got to keep up with the times.

swantastic
27th August 2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by woo
does someone know why ablett and LRT were out.....my radio wasn't working at the game and no one around me knew either Ablett=sore hammy
LRT=hand injury

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 01:42 AM
LRT=hand injury I thought it was foot?

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 01:43 AM
Its the in thing,got to keep up with the times. Fair enough :rolleyes:

But if it gets overused, it will go again!

swantastic
27th August 2006, 02:01 AM
I thought it was foot? My mistake i stand corrected.

BeeEmmAre
27th August 2006, 10:45 AM
Ablett=sore hammy
LRT=hand injury

Roosy said on radio yesterday morning that Ablett had woken up with a crook back.
LRT had a foot injury at training on Thursday and they gave him until the last minute to come good. He didn't.

How much the likely fine though for bringing Benny in from outside the emergencies?

Nico
27th August 2006, 11:01 AM
What a waste of money bringing in Mathews. It is as good as stealing from the company. White collar crime if you ask me. No wonder the heirachy cops a pasting for not developing youth. The perfect opportunity to give Schmidt another game or Vogels but they keep going with the "same olds" regardless of their zero input. Mathews is as much value as the public servant who goes for a smoke break every 5 minutes.

A good business continues to try to improve its bottom line not throw money to the wind.

So Bevo was never dropped much to the chagrin of a number of us on this site. So they still think he is in our best 22.

Ablett woke up with a crook back. Yeh sure Roosey. He was gone at the end of the Geelong match. At least Sheeds only trots out the flu as a ruse. Roosey tries to be a bit more creative by mixing it up a bit.

What I love about the Mathews ruse is that Roosey was using it as the element of surprise. Imagine the panic in the Brisbane rooms when they found out Benny was playing.

NMWBloods
27th August 2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Nico
What a waste of money bringing in Mathews. It is as good as stealing from the company. White collar crime if you ask me. No wonder the heirachy cops a pasting for not developing youth. The perfect opportunity to give Schmidt another game or Vogels but they keep going with the "same olds" regardless of their zero input. Mathews is as much value as the public servant who goes for a smoke break every 5 minutes.

A good business continues to try to improve its bottom line not throw money to the wind.

So Bevo was never dropped much to the chagrin of a number of us on this site. So they still think he is in our best 22.

Ablett woke up with a crook back. Yeh sure Roosey. He was gone at the end of the Geelong match. At least Sheeds only trots out the flu as a ruse. Roosey tries to be a bit more creative by mixing it up a bit.

What I love about the Mathews ruse is that Roosey was using it as the element of surprise. Imagine the panic in the Brisbane rooms when they found out Benny was playing. I agree, but it was amazing the amount of anger my similar comments as above generated last night...

DST
27th August 2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Nico

What I love about the Mathews ruse is that Roosey was using it as the element of surprise. Imagine the panic in the Brisbane rooms when they found out Benny was playing.

I agree with your sentiment Nico, but in the end Mathews is closer in the plans of the coaching staff to play finals footy than Schmidt so I can see the logic where they want to get game time at senior level for Mathews over Schmidt as this stage of the year.

Where we are present means the team is preparing for finals football not next year. But come next year I would prefer to see Schmidt playing over Mathews.

DST

liz
27th August 2006, 01:01 PM
Was a bit odd not to bring Vogels in for LRT. He would be the obvious cover at CHB, and this would have been a pretty "safe" game to try him there for an extended period given this was as close to an unloseable game as you're ever going to get.

As DST has pointed out, Mathews over Schmidt makes sense this time of year, though one wonders why they didn't just name Mathews as an emergency to start with. Whether you're a Mathews fan or not, chances are he will have more impact on this year's finals series than Schmidt will.

ugg
27th August 2006, 01:12 PM
Probably shows that the Ablett injury was an unexpected one. And I don't think the Vogels non-selection was odd. Having taken a look at Brisbane's forward line, they only had Bradshaw and maybe Merrett as tall marking options which could easily be covered by Leo, B2 and Teddy.

SimonH
28th August 2006, 02:40 PM
Brisbane were one of the best teams for LRT to miss a game against. Sans Brown they're completely devoid of tall marking options, esp with Merrett on BBBH.

I don't think the AFL rules should be so lax, though. I have no idea what the point is of requiring clubs to list 3 emergencies if they can play players outside of that list and just pay a fine (which is presumably not a crippling fine). It shouldn't be a fining offence: it should be a flat prohibition. That is to say, playing anyone outside of your named 25 should be as illegal as putting 19 players on the field-- if you do it, you forfeit the points. (Appropriate allowance would have to be made where one of the 3 listed emergencies had a medical certificate of unfitness presented within a given period before bouncedown, but that would also mean that he couldn't play in the 2nds.)

We're not exactly over-blessed with depth in the KPP department, so I don't see any real prospect that Vogels will be delisted. (Unlikely to have played enough games to command fair value as a trade, either.)

hammo
28th August 2006, 02:45 PM
Spriggs must just shake his head at some of the selection decisions at this club.