PDA

View Full Version : Dempster

satchmopugdog
3rd September 2006, 05:42 PM
I thought he did alright today as opposed to other posters . To me it looked as though he was confident enough to have faith in his own ability to have a ping at the goals and experiment. OK some of them didn't come off but he seems to be a very shy retiring person and it would have meant a huge leap in psyche for him to do what he did today.
The pressure was off today as regards always tagging so I was pleased to see him attack a bit more. Little steps.

punter257
3rd September 2006, 05:50 PM
yep definitely

love his massive kicks although one of his pings at goals was un bloods like

shayne
3rd September 2006, 05:50 PM
Didn't get to see todays game so can't comment on how he went but have noticed he has a bit of trouble with decision making under pressure if he can get that sorted out the rest of his game should flow a lot better and he will turn into a great player

Refried Noodle
3rd September 2006, 05:54 PM
He does suffer from a little hesitation and indecision, but more game time will eventually iron out little problems to his game.

His running through the middle and long bombs are refreshing to see. Has got some good distance with his kicks as well.

punter257
3rd September 2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Refried Noodle
He does suffer from a little hesitation and indecision, but more game time will eventually iron out little problems to his game.

His running through the middle and long bombs are refreshing to see. Has got some good distance with his kicks as well.

NFL in a few years?

sydneyswans1989
3rd September 2006, 05:55 PM
Thought he had a reasonable game, I do agree on his decision making being very unstable but in saying that he loves to go for those long runs & kicks the ball a fair way.

Let's hope Sean continues this sort of stuff throughout the finals.

hammo
3rd September 2006, 05:55 PM
I thought he played quite well today. He gives us some good run.

Legs Akimbo
3rd September 2006, 06:05 PM
He is a class act, albeit doesn't get that much of the pill. That will happen later. His long kicking on the run led to two goals today. he is an 80 metre player.

ScottH
3rd September 2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Refried Noodle

His running through the middle and long bombs are refreshing to see. Has got some good distance with his kicks as well. Yes, he did hesitate a fair bit in the middle which usually caused us a bit of trouble. Also a couple of OOBOTF, near goal didn't help.

But love the second part of your statement, too.

Was he supposed to be playing up fwd, or did his opponent take him there?

Nico
3rd September 2006, 09:52 PM
A lot of people miss his close checking play. Has the speed to run with pacy forwards.

Seems to be building in form and did a fair bit of creative running through midfield today, and was right in amongst the packs at stoppages. I thought he showed another dimension to his game today.

goswannie14
3rd September 2006, 09:53 PM
As someone said earlier, his long kicks into attack were pretty good. IIRC one went from inside the centre square to the goal square and resulted in a goal.:D

NMWBloods
3rd September 2006, 10:03 PM
I think he looks like he will develop into a very capable and useful player. When you add him with Malceski and Kennelly, we have some great rebound from the backline.