PDA

View Full Version : Brownlow Coverage in Sydney

anniswan
5th September 2006, 12:08 AM
Now that Eddie is based in Sydney, I wonder what the chances of the Brownlow being televised is.

I wonder if we should all try and email Ch 9 and show them that we want the Brownlow televised into Sydney.

I have a motive in this as I'll be in Sydney that week, and the thought of missing the Brownlow with Goodsey being such a favorite is wrenching.

The only email address I can find that may get the message to Ch 9 is Sams Mailbag [email protected]

So maybe if they get innundated with emails asking for coverage it may do the trick.

If anyone has any other bright ideas, feel free to enlighten us.

NMWBloods
5th September 2006, 12:09 AM
Given that Eddie is struggling big time with running Ch 9, I doubt if he's going to risk ratings by putting the Brownlow on in primetime in Sydney.

j s
5th September 2006, 12:21 AM
Don't 9 & 10 alternate the Brownlow? No idea whose turn it is this year though.

7 used to show the last 5 or 6 rounds live.

Carolyn
5th September 2006, 12:30 AM
I hope they televise it live. I really want to see if Goodes wins the Brownlow.

anniswan
5th September 2006, 12:33 AM
Well maybe we hit Ch 9 and 10 and the AFL, I don't have any other email addresses.

What about a journo in Sydney? That may take up the fight to get it televised.

ScottH
5th September 2006, 07:16 AM
I hope they cut it down to the 1/2 hour version.

goswannie14
5th September 2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by anniswan
Well maybe we hit Ch 9 and 10 and the AFL, I don't have any other email addresses.

What about a journo in Sydney? That may take up the fight to get it televised. 10 is televising it this year, so emails to 9 would be wasted. But "Sam's mailbag" could make some interesting viewing. Apart from the usual taking the piss for contacting the wrong station.

Damien
5th September 2006, 10:10 AM
Swans are advertising their Brownlow count coverage/dinner as the only place to see the Brownlow live this year in Sydney.

Fox Footy typically put on a show that updates the votes pretty regulary though.

Old Royboy
5th September 2006, 10:25 AM
Bring back Barnsie's Brownlow Medal night. It gave pretty well live counts and provided a heap of laughs at the same time. The whole panel was pretty well s@@tfaced by the end of the night.

adnar
5th September 2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Damien
Swans are advertising their Brownlow count coverage/dinner as the only place to see the Brownlow live this year in Sydney.

Fox Footy typically put on a show that updates the votes pretty regulary though.

Yeah that sucks, i'd like to see it for cheaper than $180.

Mike_B
5th September 2006, 10:43 AM
Special edition of WLF updating the count, followed by a full replay, but nothing actually covering it live from Crown itself up here.

garethb83
5th September 2006, 11:39 AM
I'd like to think that if the Swans do well and make the Prelim Final (esp if they win this weekend and its at home) the media will jump even higher up on the bandwagon and with Goodesy one of the favourites, they may take up the coverage.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but it probably more relies on the team's performance leading up to the night, such is the fickle nature of Sydney!