PDA

View Full Version : Chick Hunter

Goal Sneak
9th September 2006, 11:59 PM
What a couple of first grade Tools, how long should Chick get for the late bump on Mal?

ROK Lobster
10th September 2006, 12:01 AM
I was thinking about Hunter's repeat performance on MOL tonight. He is a tool of the highest order. I really don't think I could like him, even if he played 10 seasons with the Swans.

Kallias
10th September 2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
I was thinking about Hunter's repeat performance on MOL tonight. He is a tool of the highest order. I really don't think I could like him, even if he played 10 seasons with the Swans.

And he looks like a kelpie.

ugg
I hate Hunter with a passion. And that was before tonight's game. Him, Stenglein and Chick make me sick.

Lynch Beast
I was not the least bit impressed with Hunter in the first half

embarrised himself and the club

ROK Lobster
10th September 2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Kallias
And he looks like a kelpie. I like Kelpies :frown

barry
10th September 2006, 12:06 AM
A lot of players like Hunter and Stenglien do a lot of "diving" ("simulation" to the soccer fans here).

But, in all honest Chicks bump was what finals are all about. Very Byron Pickett/ Neitz and got the eagles back in the game.

Chick will get a week max.

AussieAnge
10th September 2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Lynch Beast
I was not the least bit impressed with Hunter in the first half

embarrassed himself and the club

Is that because of what he did to MOL whilst he was stretching and staging for the free?

ugg
10th September 2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
Is that because of what he did to MOL whilst he was stretching and staging for the free?

Not only that but he carried on like a pork chop all the way to the interchange. Idiot.

Young Blood
10th September 2006, 12:09 AM
On After the Game on Ch 10, Michael Christian said that anyone in football would have thought it was fair if Mick whacked Hunter with a fist to the head.

Lynch Beast
10th September 2006, 12:10 AM

trying to act tuff like that when you are getting thrashed by your opponent just reaks of an over confident show pony and that is not what you need in a defender

that kind of flair needs to be left to the high flying forwards

luckly he made up for it with that pack mark to put them in front in the 3rd

satchmopugdog
10th September 2006, 12:11 AM
I like Stenglein. He would fit into our team really well.

NMWBloods
10th September 2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Young Blood
On After the Game on Ch 10, Michael Christian said that anyone in football would have thought it was fair if Mick whacked Hunter with a fist to the head. I loved that comment! :D

tantrum
10th September 2006, 12:12 AM
Why don't they just leave him in attack the whole time against us? (Although I'm glad they don't).

W84
10th September 2006, 12:14 AM
Anybody who condones that sort of behaviour is a moron.

I thought that MOL's response was one of professionalism. He shook his head in disgust when he was coming off and brushed it off because he knew that Hunter was being an idiot.

Margie
10th September 2006, 12:14 AM
Adam Hunter always reminds me of Julian Lennon.

Zlatorog
10th September 2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by W84
Anybody who condones that sort of behaviour is a moron.

Why? You think Hunter is a moron as well? I totally agree with you.

ugg
10th September 2006, 12:16 AM
A kelpie, not sure about that. He looks more like a rat face to me.

I was pretty happy when he lined up on Micky because he's far more dangerous up forward. Great job by LRT when he was moved onto him.

NMWBloods
10th September 2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Margie
Adam Hunter always reminds me of Julian Lennon. Same.

Big Al
10th September 2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Margie
Adam Hunter always reminds me of Julian Lennon.

Can't he sing either.

robbieando
10th September 2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ugg
I hate Hunter with a passion

Always have, always bloody will. The guy really looks like a cocky fool who really needs someone (anyone) to run right though him to wake himself up to his stupid little antics that have NEVER impressed me and haven't since well before the start of Sydney and West Coast's little rivally started a little over a year ago. I think back to 2003 and think of just looking at him kicking a goal against another team just before West Coast played us late in the season and the antics he displayed just made me sick. Sure me happy, pump your fist - but don't keep getting in the opposition's face like he did and expect to come away looking good for it.

Sure he is talented and has turned games on their heads by going forward and kicking goals, but to target a player like he has done now twice is wrong and I'm sure he would be the first to have a sook if the reverse happened to him. But most other players have some class and wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing (maybe he wants a trade to Brisbane), Hunter doesn't have class and never will and his actions over the past year against us I hope he never wins a Premiership Medal because classless actions don't deserve to be rewarded.

Legs Akimbo
10th September 2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by ugg
A kelpie, not sure about that. He looks more like a rat face to me.

I was pretty happy when he lined up on Micky because he's far more dangerous up forward. Great job by LRT when he was moved onto him.

Rat Boy.

Sanecow
10th September 2006, 12:33 AM
According to my mum, Cruiser and JF should give Hunter a call.

ROK Lobster
10th September 2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
According to my mum, Cruiser and JF should give Hunter a call. There may be other reasons why he knoocked her back.

NMWBloods
10th September 2006, 12:35 AM
There may be other reasons why he knoocked her back. LOL!! :D

Sanecow
10th September 2006, 12:41 AM
There may be other reasons why he knoocked her back.

She heard it from your dad.

goswannie14
10th September 2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Goal Sneak
What a couple of first grade Tools, how long should Chick get for the late bump on Mal? Chick may get a couple, given that he has already been suspended this year and he ran off his line to hit Malceski late. When you see the front on footage, he would have missed him ny about a metre if he had run straight ahead, but after the Eski kicked the ball, Chick changed direction to shoulder charge him. 2 weeks minimum, so that's the end of him for the season, can't see WCE getting past the Crows if they get to the PF.

Zlatorog
10th September 2006, 12:44 AM
According to my mum, Cruiser and JF should give Hunter a call.

Why? Are they related?;)

WASwansFanatic
10th September 2006, 12:45 AM
Hunter is an A one class dikhead. He thinks he is the ants pants...Yet MOL killed him tonight...gave him a bath with bubbles until Worsfold decided to put him up forward. I hope one day someone (Byron Pickett most preferably) to lay him out cold.
Absolutely toss pot.

SimonH
10th September 2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Chick may get a couple, given that he has already been suspended this year and he ran off his line to hit Malceski late. When you see the front on footage, he would have missed him ny about a metre if he had run straight ahead, but after the Eski kicked the ball, Chick changed direction to shoulder charge him. 2 weeks minimum, so that's the end of him for the season, can't see WCE getting past the Crows if they get to the PF. If someone hasn't already got on EFH arguing that the Weagles deliberately threw the game to maximise the chances of getting Chick back before the GF, then they should.

The whole Chick situation was really one for fans of My Name is Earl. Chick thought that he'd been the hero and spurred his team into match-winning action, through a cheap and late shot on an opponent who was playing the ball. I thought that it had worked for them, too.

Then in the last quarter, Chick was writhing in agony on the bench while Malceski played a crucial part in the match-winning play. I don't like to wish anyone else bodily injury or pain. But that's karma, dude.

Mike_B
10th September 2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by barry
But, in all honest Chicks bump was what finals are all about. Very Byron Pickett/ Neitz and got the eagles back in the game.

Chick will get a week max.

No, not quite. If you wanted an example of what finals are all about, that was a bump from Waters - tough, ball in the contest, LEGAL.

What Chick did was cowardly - he could have easily avoided contact if he wanted to, but didn't. There were 2 steps in it before contact, which is ample time. Gutless wonder and should be out for at least 2.

Leo_for_fullfwd
10th September 2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by SimonH

Then in the last quarter, Chick was writhing in agony on the bench while Malceski played a crucial part in the match-winning play. I don't like to wish anyone else bodily injury or pain. But that's karma, dude.
I must have missed that. What happened to him?

punter257
10th September 2006, 03:19 AM
hunter is a @@@@head of the highest order and thinks his @@@@ doesn't stink - could be a really good player but he's a @@@@en mess mentally

good onya micky O - you owned this peanut

FredFlintstone
10th September 2006, 05:21 AM
Hunter is an absolute tossa!

Can someone please explain that little hand thingy that Cousins did when he goaled in the 4th qtr..... i mean what was that?:D

cruiser
10th September 2006, 08:36 AM
According to my mum, Cruiser and JF should give Hunter a call. Please, I can do better than that!

graystar
10th September 2006, 08:43 AM
Hunter gives me the @@@@s with his blonde mudflap he sports.

Look at this shot, he is about to crap his pants..

http://www.abc.net.au/afl/2006/galleries/afl_finals1/images/14.jpg

stupid git

wyatt
10th September 2006, 09:04 AM
Micky O absolutely owned Hunter last night.

The best one for me was when Hunter was trying to hold back Micky from a lead and was facing Micky with his back to the ball. Micky faked one way, then took off in the other direction to take an easy mark. It make Hunter look like an absolute fool. Great stuff!

Jeffers1984
10th September 2006, 09:06 AM
Always hated Hunter and tonight made him my most hated player in the league. Dead set he is the biggest knob in the AFL. Unsportsmanlike, scum and dumb..Dumb in the sense that his behaviour towards Magic fired him up even more and Hunter got his just desserts.

Stupid fool.

LittleSchneider
10th September 2006, 09:19 AM
Hunters' not a tool - thats too kind - hes an absolute @@@@@! Such unsportsmenlike behaviour last night and it didnt seem to work one bit because MOL, a true professional, absolutely SMASHED him!
As for Chick - that ankle injury may keep him out of the finals series now - its called karma! He did it tripping over Eski!!

Also - Tool of the year award goes to the eagles fans behind us at the Aussie Rules club last night. Jeffers - you should have let me take that bloke on - I would have taken him out for sure! :)

Carolyn
10th September 2006, 11:04 AM
As I said in the match thread, I despise Hunter. He is rough and always has to try and pick a fight with his oppponent. Even in last year's grand final you can see him pushing and shoving O'Loughlin. I am so glad that in the end, O'Loughlin was the better man and managed to kick 4 goals.

Doctor
10th September 2006, 11:22 AM
Hunter is an absolute knob. I suspect he had a phone call during the game from the 80s wanting their hairstyle back.

Destructive
10th September 2006, 11:35 AM

Like his namesake on Neighbours, he is a crap actor.

graystar
10th September 2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Doctor
Hunter is an absolute knob. I suspect he had a phone call during the game from the 80s wanting their hairstyle back.
Nah,Marty McFly would have been outside subi waiting for him in the car park in the De Lorean.

Danzar
10th September 2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Young Blood
On After the Game on Ch 10, Michael Christian said that anyone in football would have thought it was fair if Mick whacked Hunter with a fist to the head.
What shat me was that Walls just had to pipe in by saying "well, it happens, that's football".

Casey36
10th September 2006, 01:49 PM
I hate that man with passion.. :mad:
MOL had that snake all night long, but anyway whos gives a @@@@@ because we won.. Hehe!!!:D

dread and might
10th September 2006, 02:41 PM
White supremacist pin-up according to the dread and might viewing party last night.

ScottH
10th September 2006, 02:57 PM
I was thinking about Hunter's repeat performance on MOL tonight. He is a tool of the highest order. I really don't think I could like him, even if he played 10 seasons with the Swans. I thought that Ump was a bigger tool!!!

swans05
10th September 2006, 03:05 PM
dead set idiot getting toweled up by Mick than carrying on like an idiot LRT towelled him up in the last quarter too that shouldnt be forgotten really good last quarter from LRT

Leo_for_fullfwd
10th September 2006, 03:09 PM
Yep, we'll always be wondering how you can shepherd someone who is between you and the ball.

goswannie14
10th September 2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Leo_for_fullfwd
I must have missed that. What happened to him? Ankle, or brain snap.:confused:

goswannie14
10th September 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn
As I said in the match thread, I despise Hunter. He is rough and always has to try and pick a fight with his oppponent. Even in last year's grand final you can see him pushing and shoving O'Loughlin. I am so glad that in the end, O'Loughlin was the better man and managed to kick 4 goals. IIRC he pushed Micky over in the GF when Micky was trying to do up his boot laces. Wanker of the highest order.

Tuesday
10th September 2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Him, Stenglein and Chick make me sick.

Don't you mean Staker?

I will grant you that Staker, Stenglein and Rosa look similar.

Sanecow
10th September 2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Please, I can do better than that!

Maybe in Sydney!

ugg
10th September 2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tuesday
Don't you mean Staker?

I will grant you that Staker, Stenglein and Rosa look similar.

No, I meant Stenglein after his 'shepherding' free kick last year. What did Staker do? Actually I quite like him since he missed his opportunity to win the GF.

Tuesday
10th September 2006, 06:29 PM
Diving/milking/staging/whinging/unsportsmanlike tactics... a few things, really.

hammo
10th September 2006, 06:54 PM
Hunter is an absolute grub. He is probably the player I dislike most in the AFL.

punter257
10th September 2006, 06:59 PM
yeah me too

up there with didak and camporeale for me

swansrock4eva
10th September 2006, 07:41 PM
Yep Tool of the highest order! Very few players make me want to punch things every single time I see them but he does!

And he looks like a bloody skunk with that hair! Saying he looks like a kelpie or rat is too kind!

Piobaireachd
10th September 2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kallias
And he looks like a kelpie. You just insulted my dog :mad:

Dave
10th September 2006, 09:48 PM

I agree. He is a gutless pr*ck.

woo
10th September 2006, 09:49 PM
whats with all these clowns haircuts as well?..they look like rats, and quite frankly to be honest, they are all pretty damn good lookin dudes

Agent 86
10th September 2006, 11:33 PM
So I gather he's not well liked around here?

If his job is to get under people's skin I guess he's achieved it.

Nolie
11th September 2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Agent 86
So I gather he's not well liked around here?

If his job is to get under people's skin I guess he's achieved it.

His job is to play football - and he does not do that very well - not to get under opposition supporters' skins.

dimelb
11th September 2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by punter257
yeah me too

up there with didak and camporeale for me
You can add Brodie Holland.

AnnieH
11th September 2006, 12:23 AM

The umpire was standing right there at the time and warned Hunter. Hunter continued bashing into Micky.
Had the bloody umpire done his job and pinged Hunter for interfering while the ball was NOT in play, that would've been another certain goal for Micky.

As to Daniel Chook ... he's already been suspended once this year. Maybe the tribunal will do the right thing and we don't see him again till next year.

That'll teach the dirty budgies a lesson.

Mike_B
11th September 2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Annie Haddad
As to Daniel Chook ... he's already been suspended once this year. Maybe the tribunal will do the right thing and we don't see him again till next year.

I took a look at the tribunal guidelines and points etc and IMHO Chick will either get 1 week or 2 as the offer - depending on whether they deem the impact medium or high. I reckon it will be graded reckless, in play, to the body. If its medium impact - it attracts 125 base points and 225 if deemed high impact (before loading for priors, deductions for early pleas).

AnnieH
11th September 2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
I took a look at the tribunal guidelines and points etc and IMHO Chick will either get 1 week or 2 as the offer - depending on whether they deem the impact medium or high. I reckon it will be graded reckless, in play, to the body. If its medium impact - it attracts 125 base points and 225 if deemed high impact (before loading for priors, deductions for early pleas).

Stuff the points ... I say BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
Mooney would have gotten three months and Chook would have gotten a month. No questions asked.

Agent 86
11th September 2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Nolie
His job is to play football - and he does not do that very well - not to get under opposition supporters' skins.
True. But i'd prefer him continuing being a tosser as he's less valuable to them ('cos he's actually quite good) & helps to gee our players up. MOL was on fire.

boroboy
11th September 2006, 11:00 AM
Hunter is a coward. Watch the Round 15 game when he's on Hall, and he doesn't say boo to him all night (which in all fairness is the intelligent thing to do).

But if you want to play footy like he did against MOL, then do it with everyone you play on, not just those you think you can 'bully'.

He's pathetic - the lowest of the low...

goswannie14
11th September 2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
I took a look at the tribunal guidelines and points etc and IMHO Chick will either get 1 week or 2 as the offer - depending on whether they deem the impact medium or high. I reckon it will be graded reckless, in play, to the body. If its medium impact - it attracts 125 base points and 225 if deemed high impact (before loading for priors, deductions for early pleas). I would beg to differ from you on one thing, looking at the head on replay, it is obvious that Chick changes direction to run at Malceski after he kicks the ball, which would suggest that it should be deemed deliberate. But who knows with this system, he might even get off!:mad:

Even a good mate of mine who is a WCE supporter said to me last night that when he saw it on tape he thought it was deliderate and that Chick is goooooorn.:D

Jeffers1984
11th September 2006, 11:08 AM
I think they'll offer hime 1, they will appeal and he will get off.

Agent 86
11th September 2006, 11:08 AM
But who knows with this system, he might even get off!:mad:
Spot on there. Anything could happen. At least if he gets off they might stop whinging about Baz getting off last year (but i doubt it).

AnnieH
11th September 2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Dr Diabolical
Handballs actually, but anyway, I also think Chick deliberately sped up just as Malceski disposed of the ball. Should be deemed intentional.

It WAS totally intentional as he changed the direction he was running to belt out a cheap shot.

I'm SCREAMING for a return of the old-day tribunal.

One month - no questions asked.

Mike_B
11th September 2006, 01:27 PM
I would beg to differ from you on one thing, looking at the head on replay, it is obvious that Chick changes direction to run at Malceski after he kicks the ball, which would suggest that it should be deemed deliberate. But who knows with this system, he might even get off!:mad:

I agree that he changed direction after Mal disposed of the ball, but if you read the description of intentional in the tribunal guidelines, I just don't think they will grade it intentional.

Tribunal Guidelines (http://afl.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/240702ac.pdf)

W84
11th September 2006, 04:24 PM
Hi! If the tribunal see this, your man MOL may be out for a week or two.

Eye-gouge on Hunter...

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3550/o1ym4.jpg

AnnieH
11th September 2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by W84

Eye-gouge on Hunter...

There were tears in Hunter's eyes.
Micky was wiping them.
Quick ... destroy all evidence.

ugg
11th September 2006, 04:42 PM
According to BF:

Chick off, O'Loughlin no case.

Brodie Holland 6 weeks, 5 with an early guilty plea!

Agent 86
11th September 2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by W84

Eye-gouge on Hunter...

Given his opponent & the region - I'd say it's more like a squirrel grip than a gouge.

AnnieH
11th September 2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ugg
According to BF:

Chick off, O'Loughlin no case.

Brodie Holland 6 weeks, 5 with an early guilty plea!

Hence my argument for the old school tribunal.
Chick should've got a month.
But then again, the source is BF ... so who knows??

Claret
11th September 2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Annie Haddad

Chick should've got a month.
But then again, the source is BF ... so who knows??

BF is correct in this case. Holland was close to getting 7 weeks (690-odd points).

SimonH
11th September 2006, 05:26 PM
Now confirmed (http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/09/11/1157826864069.html).

I haven't looked at it a 2nd time, and don't have it on tape, so I'm happy to take the experts' view on it. A late deliberate charge at/bump of a player who's disposed of the ball is, in general, merely a relayed free kick if you don't make contact with the head, and a report if you do.

If replays indicate that no head contact was made, then that's basically case closed. I still say from a common-sense point of view it was dirty and callous, but the fact is that not all dirty and callous behaviour on a footy field is reportable.

Really, who cares? They lost. We won. If we play them again, we'll be perfectly happy to see Daniel Chick in their side, and Nick Malceski will play better than him again.

AnnieH
11th September 2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
Now confirmed (http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/09/11/1157826864069.html).
Really, who cares? They lost. We won. If we play them again, we'll be perfectly happy to see Daniel Chick in their side, and Nick Malceski will play better than him again.

Well, bugger!!!
At least Holland's taking a holiday.
Gotta be thankful for small mercies I suppose.

nomae
11th September 2006, 06:32 PM
this is c--p. chick should've got at least two for his hit- it was so bloody late!! so the umpires are just going to let players just deck other players trying to run after the ball? this tribunal is ridiculous. and the holland one is also stupid- five weeks for that? no- two or three. but, it is brodie holland so, im happy that w---ker will have an extra-long holiday :)

nomae
11th September 2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by W84

Eye-gouge on Hunter...

hunter deserved it :)

WestCoast1
11th September 2006, 06:47 PM
You all sure do whinge a lot even though you win games don't you??? Chick's bump was just good solid footy and in the spirit of the game - it's not netball or soccer but AFL! When pansies like you start having a cry about some good solid and tough footy, our great game suffers. No wonder your jumpers are white...they're just big bloody hankies for the supporters to use. Seriously...boo hoo! :frown

I wonder what you make of someone trying to gouge out an opponent's eyes?? Now there's some dirty play! ;)

Sanecow
11th September 2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by WestCoast1
You all sure do whinge a lot even though you win games don't you???

You should have seen the bitching when the Swans won the Grand Final.

Damien
11th September 2006, 06:52 PM
You all sure do whinge a lot even though you win games don't you??? Chick's bump was just good solid footy and in the spirit of the game - it's not netball or soccer but AFL! When pansies like you start having a cry about some good solid and tough footy, our great game suffers. No wonder your jumpers are white...they're just big bloody hankies for the supporters to use. Seriously...boo hoo! :frown

I wonder what you make of someone trying to gouge out an opponent's eyes?? Now there's some dirty play! ;)

Funny the same match tribunal that cleared Chick, cleared Micky today.

You will find that reigning premiers with a week off have a lot less to whinge about that your clan. :D Good luck this week in your elimination final.

giant
11th September 2006, 08:13 PM
Chick is generally a tough but fair footballer - the Malceski incident looked like an effort to stir up his team-mates gone wrong to me.

Hunter reminds me of a sad little schoolboy - soft as a marshmallow blancmange he is.

goswannie14
11th September 2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by giant
Chick is generally a tough but fair footballer - the Malceski incident looked like an effort to stir up his team-mates gone wrong to me. Interesting, I was talking to a guy at work, I don't even know who he follows in the footy, but he said that Chick has always been a sniper, always in for the cheap shot. I tend to agree with him, even before Saturday night.

Agent 86
11th September 2006, 11:15 PM
You all sure do whinge a lot even though you win games don't you??? Chick's bump was just good solid footy and in the spirit of the game...
Don't confuse cheap shots with hardness.

'though I've gotta say I enjoyed staker's attempts at being the "enforcer". Gooooooo Brent!

573v30
11th September 2006, 11:22 PM
Hmmm... trolls are meant to have left these forums after our excellent win against the Eagles but this one is stubborn... :mad:

giant
11th September 2006, 11:31 PM
Interesting, I was talking to a guy at work, I don't even know who he follows in the footy, but he said that Chick has always been a sniper, always in for the cheap shot. I tend to agree with him, even before Saturday night.

fair cop - could be wrong but I've never seen him take a cheap shot like that before.

Not to even repirmand him seems to set an unfortunate precedent for the player who has just disposed of the ball but young Malceski will have learnt an important footy lesson out of it!

573v30
11th September 2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by giant
fair cop - could be wrong but I've never seen him take a cheap shot like that before. You should've seen the cheap shot he took on Chris Grant in the back when the Weagles lost to the Doggies last year...