PDA

View Full Version : All But Two Inches - RWO QF match report

liz
12th September 2006, 01:06 AM
The RWO match report team has become a bit slack over the past couple of weeks - a combination of work commitments and end-of-season fatigue. But it would be rude to pass Saturday night's game by without making some kind of comment. So here it is...

http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=862_0_2_0_C

SimonH
12th September 2006, 01:15 AM
Another fine job, liz. I must try to refrain from commenting on yr match summaries as I think they're so consistently excellent that I just sound like a bit of a suck when I do so.

But, that said, I've read few phrases that sum up CBolt's whole career (not just his Sat night) as well as, "a bit like a good umpire ? so fine that he was barely noticed".

ugg
12th September 2006, 01:26 AM
Excellent report as per usual. I particularly like the sound of "All-Australian Craig Bolton" and "All-Australian Ryan O'Keefe". :) I'm still getting used to calling them premiership players.

I'm glad to see you paid tribute to the performances of the 'lesser lights' in McVeigh and Schneider whom performed their defensive roles on Cousins and Wirrpanda very well. Perhaps we could include LRT in this list as I thought he was excellent when he played on Hunter. When Hunter took that pack mark over B2, so similar to the one he took in the corresponding final last year, it was as if the final was following last year's script. Hunter seems to be one of the few players (along with Chad Cornes) that has troubled Bolton consistently so I was glad so see LRT given that role and he nullified any further impact that Hunter had.

tantrum
12th September 2006, 06:33 AM
Being a non-resident, I had no idea what the 2 inches of scarf was about, but I imagine it's something to do with the Professor Barry Hall ads?

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the write-up too. Of course, every week (admittedly after wins mostly!) I try to read every match report I can find - and the RWO ones are always worth a look for their (Swans) fans-eye view of the game.

TheHood
12th September 2006, 08:25 AM
Nice observations as always Liz.

Craig Bolton is a great one isn't he. I am starting to think that opposition midfields aren't even bothering to send it to Bolts' opponent because there is no point, he won't mark.

It's safe to say Craig and his opponent aren't even on the ground, there is only 34 playing in any Sydney game! :D

ScottH
12th September 2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TheHood
It's safe to say Craig and his opponent aren't even on the ground, there is only 34 playing in any Sydney game! :D Not quite true, coz Bolton gets a lot of the ball himself and makes plenty of attacking runs.

TheHood
12th September 2006, 03:50 PM
I suppose it's not what Craig's renowned for outside of the club and supporters.

In fact, opposition supporters would be baffled how he is in the team because he doesn't run as much as say Chad Cornes etc.

I know where you're coming from though!

dimelb
12th September 2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks Liz - well said.

Carolyn
12th September 2006, 05:46 PM
Great report as usual.
Thanks Liz!:D